Nachi Cocom -latest reviews?

travellerin1984

Hi!

I am considering Nachi Cocom day pass in December. My husband is going diving and I am trying to figure out something to do and I don’t want to stay onboard.

I have noticed Nachi has started to get bad reviews. Does anyone visited Nachi lately? Would it still be suitable for me to visit alone? I

Do you have some other suggestions for a nice beach day in Cozumel? I prefer quiet atmosphere and shadow, not into party or a lot of people.

I appreciate any comments!

We were there in August. It was the same as always. Good service, good food, nice quiet beach. I think it's a great place if you want a nice beach to chill out and relax without loud children running around. I've been there 3 times now, and each time I've loved it.

They will try to upsell you on some extras like floats or tours, but all if you have to say is that you aren't interested and then they leave you alone.

Should be perfect for a solo cruiser. Cab fare of about $17 each way covers up to 4 passengers in the taxi, so you might consider posting on your roll call to see if you can find others also heading to Nachi who would share the cab (at least one way).

You might also check out the Money Bar - closer ($11-12 cab fare) with great snorkeling from the shore. Not AI, no admission fee, good facilities, lockers, and good food/drinks/service.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 4:40 AM, travellerin1984 said:

Hi!

I am considering Nachi Cocom day pass in December. My husband is going diving and I am trying to figure out something to do and I don’t want to stay onboard.

I have noticed Nachi has started to get bad reviews. Does anyone visited Nachi lately? Would it still be suitable for me to visit alone? I

Do you have some other suggestions for a nice beach day in Cozumel? I prefer quiet atmosphere and shadow, not into party or a lot of people.

I appreciate any comments!

For what you are looking for, Nachi would be a good fit! Not too crowded!

I was there in March as a solo cruiser. It is OK, nothing special but nothing bad. The food is at best OK, drink service was spotty, and the area I was placed in had two local families with a lot of kids. Not a very calm or relaxng day, but it is not too crowded.

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2018 at 5:10 PM, zqvol said:

I was there in March as a solo cruiser. It is OK, nothing special but nothing bad. The food is at best OK, drink service was spotty, and the area I was placed in had two local families with a lot of kids. Not a very calm or relaxng day, but it is not too crowded.

We went to Nachi last week and agree with this reveiw. We were assigned loungers in a quiet area originally but as more people arrived they were assigned places right next to us. Considering Nachi has advanced bookings and a good idea of how many guests they are expecting I was disappointed to say the least. There were plenty of empty  loungers and, “yes”, we could have moved but we didn't want the hassle once we were settled.

Obviously it was convenient for the servers to have everyone grouped together but it didn't create the relaxing experience i was expecting from previous reviews. IF we were to return I would certainly request loungers much further down the beach. Despite the convenience for the servers we also felt bar service was spotty for an AI and food was just OK (flan had run out by 1.30pm when we ordered - i guess you need to order early with your entre?)

Sea currents were bad last week (obviously NOT Nachi’s fault!) but seaweed was bad on West side and we could see water toys at Sanchos were not out most of the time. I was surprised the seaweed was not raked up and collected until early afternoon - most places we have been in Mexico, that try to go the extra mile, collect the seaweed early in the morning. 

Overall, it was an “OK” experience and we “MAY” return but with so many choices on Cozumel it isn't a place we would rush back to time after time.

Edited by c-leg5

We were at Nachi early December for the first time and really enjoyed the day. We got there early and we were seated "front row".  True...they seat people together but this didn't bother us.  

Food is subjective, but I have to disagree with the food.  We had the guacamole, shrimp, and nachos and everything was delicious.  We weren't offered dessert, but we were quite full so didn't ask for it.  Drink refills were no issue and the servers were attentive. Dirty Monkey was yummy (although I liked it better than DH) and we also enjoyed some other drinks (regular pina colada, and beers for DH)

We didn't try the pool but it looked quite nice.

I did go for a walk and noticed seaweed as I walked towards Sanchos, but near our seats it was fine. 

A couple pictures...

1292496741_IMG_1562(Small).jpeg.adc0481df033344a17e55bc42807ec8b.jpeg1674383789_IMG_1572(Small).jpeg.686dc751dc624bd9cae3260cf68bfbf5.jpeg

Edited by LuCruise

54 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We were at Nachi early December for the first time and really enjoyed the day. We got there early and we were seated "front row".  True...they seat people together but this didn't bother us.  

Food is subjective, but I have to disagree with the food.  We had the guacamole, shrimp, and nachos and everything was delicious.  We weren't offered dessert, but we were quite full so didn't ask for it.  Drink refills were no issue and the servers were attentive. Dirty Monkey was yummy (although I liked it better than DH) and we also enjoyed some other drinks (regular pina colada, and beers for DH)

We didn't try the pool but it looked quite nice.

I did go for a walk and noticed seaweed as I walked towards Sanchos, but near our seats it was fine. 

A couple pictures...

Agree food is subjective. No one said the food was bad it just wasn't anything special, or different, to what we have had at dozens of other beach bars. We rarely do AI on cruise ship days as we have plenty of “free” food on the ship so, yes, we had more than enough to eat at Nachi since our “norm” is to share a plate of nachos, or fajitas!

Seaweed can vary greatly from day to day. I wasn’t complaining about the seaweed just suprised they didn’t make more effort to clear it earlier. They didn't clear it until most people were leaving.

Edited by c-leg5

On 12/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, c-leg5 said:

We went to Nachi last week and agree with this reveiw. We were assigned loungers in a quiet area originally but as more people arrived they were assigned places right next to us. Considering Nachi has advanced bookings and a good idea of how many guests they are expecting I was disappointed to say the least. There were plenty of empty  loungers and, “yes”, we could have moved but we didn't want the hassle once we were settled.

Obviously it was convenient for the servers to have everyone grouped together but it didn't create the relaxing experience i was expecting from previous reviews. IF we were to return I would certainly request loungers much further down the beach. Despite the convenience for the servers we also felt bar service was spotty for an AI and food was just OK (flan had run out by 1.30pm when we ordered - i guess you need to order early with your entre?)

Sea currents were bad last week (obviously NOT Nachi’s fault!) but seaweed was bad on West side and we could see water toys at Sanchos were not out most of the time. I was surprised the seaweed was not raked up and collected until early afternoon - most places we have been in Mexico, that try to go the extra mile, collect the seaweed early in the morning. 

Overall, it was an “OK” experience and we “MAY” return but with so many choices on Cozumel it isn't a place we would rush back to time after time.

Two weeks ago instead of going to Nachi, I went to the money bar, and honestly I enjoyed it just as much. I had better service. The food and drinks were better and the snorkeling was better. It is also 100% pay as you go and there were fewer children there.

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

Two weeks ago instead of going to Nachi, I went to the money bar, and honestly I enjoyed it just as much. I had better service. The food and drinks were better and the snorkeling was better. It is also 100% pay as you go and there were fewer children there.

Yes, we have been to and enjoyed Money Bar many times and many other PAYG beach bars on Cozumel! However, I can understand they do not offer the experience some people are seeking in a place like Nachi. Also the option of a pool CAN sometimes be a big plus for me.

After visiting Cozumel regularly for over 10 years and reading (mostly) rave reviews just decided it was time to experience Nachi first-hand.  

As I said Nachi wasnt bad, I have just enjoyed many other places in Cozumel for much less. I can even remember the uproar when Nachi first changed from PAYG to AI!

3 hours ago, doconner said:

My cabin mate is wanting to go to Nachi's when were are in Cozumel on Feb 1st, and I'm wondering how good it is for snorkelling?   Any thoughts?

They offer a snorkeling excursion to the reefs - 2-3 spots, about 90+ minutes, for about $35.  The folks next to us a while back took the tour and thought it was great.  Snorkeling from the shore there is poor - mostly sand, and the minor wave action tends to cloud the water.  You might see a few fish around the pier - but look out for boat traffic.

We have stopped first at the Money Bar for an hour or 2 of good snorkeling from the shore (free admission; it is polite to buy some drinks/snacks), and then taxied to Nachi or another beach club for the rest of the day.  Money Bar offers rental gear if you do not want to pack your own.

If any of this helps you owe me a pint - Fullers or whatever bitter your local pours will be fine! :classic_cool:

On 12/31/2018 at 6:23 AM, doconner said:

My cabin mate is wanting to go to Nachi's when were are in Cozumel on Feb 1st, and I'm wondering how good it is for snorkelling?   Any thoughts?

Not worth the effort. Nice beach and a pool, but snorkeling is a no go.

We were at Nachi in Oct. We were given what we thought were good seats on the front row. Then the fellow selling tubes, floaties etc began piling them up right in front of us. Sort of ruined our view/vibe. That was a bit disappointing. We also had a server who was not the nicest or most efficient. It was like pulling teeth to get a drink from this guy. Previously we always had Manuel and HE IS THE BOMB.  We book Nachi every time we are in Cozumel and have always LOVED our visits. Was it awful? No. Did we still have a fun day? Yes. But for the first time, we were not as happy to be there. 

Edited by Cinders411
  • Like 1

We were in Cozumel twice this past week because our ship missed a stop in Roatan so they took us back to Cozumel the next day.  We went to Nachi both days and had a great time as usual.  We have Manual as our waiter both times and when we walked in the 2nd day everyone recognized us but where very confused why we were back again.

If you don't like where they seat you, you can ask to move.  They always let us choose our seats.

We were at Nachi 4 times in 2018 and already have them booked again for a cruise in April.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:33 AM, Jenny in TX said:

We were in Cozumel twice this past week because our ship missed a stop in Roatan so they took us back to Cozumel the next day.  We went to Nachi both days and had a great time as usual.  We have Manual as our waiter both times and when we walked in the 2nd day everyone recognized us but where very confused why we were back again.

If you don't like where they seat you, you can ask to move.  They always let us choose our seats.

We were at Nachi 4 times in 2018 and already have them booked again for a cruise in April.

We were on the same cruise, once they announced that we were returning to Cozumel we attempted to get reservations at Nachi, their site (after 30 minutes trying to get online, internet was horrible even with the premier package) said they were sold out for that day.  Tried Mr. Sanchos, same thing.  Went to the Occidental instead, not impressed.

19 hours ago, cruisemein said:

We were on the same cruise, once they announced that we were returning to Cozumel we attempted to get reservations at Nachi, their site (after 30 minutes trying to get online, internet was horrible even with the premier package) said they were sold out for that day.  Tried Mr. Sanchos, same thing.  Went to the Occidental instead, not impressed.

We tried to get online and reserve also, but never could get it to go through.  It didn't show it was sold out but we could never get past the paypal portion to pay our deposit.  I finally just gave up and we just took a taxi there the next morning.  They told us they weren't sold out and showed us right to our chairs.  They recognized us and asked what we were doing back so soon.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:05 PM, zqvol said:

so did we. However, it was very cold (mid-december) and the water was very rough. Two red flags and nobody was swimming. We couldn't even sit in the shade, because it was very cold and windy.

Not much sand for DS to dig in, but he managed anyway. We did enjoy ourselves. DS was the only kid for a long time, until some other family arrived with 2 kids in tow.
The bathroom was great - very clean and large, I was very impressed. Service was fast, but there weren't many people at all that day (too cold).

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2018 at 10:41 AM, JohninDC said:

Should be perfect for a solo cruiser. Cab fare of about $17 each way covers up to 4 passengers in the taxi, so you might consider posting on your roll call to see if you can find others also heading to Nachi who would share the cab (at least one way).

You might also check out the Money Bar - closer ($11-12 cab fare) with great snorkeling from the shore. Not AI, no admission fee, good facilities, lockers, and good food/drinks/service.

Cab fare 2 years ago was $24 each way for up to 4 people.  Definitely try to find others in line for a cab going to the same destination to share the cost.

7 hours ago, PlanoDebbie said:

Cab fare 2 years ago was $24 each way for up to 4 people.  Definitely try to find others in line for a cab going to the same destination to share the cost.

Hmmm? We were in Cozumel last week and the fare board showed a $17 fare for Sanchos, Nachi , Paradise Beach, etc.  I think $24 would get you a larger cab and up to 6 passengers.