Tendering on the Prinsendam

Tendering on the Prinsendam

How does the tendering process work on the Prinsendam?

Not sure if there is a specific matter you are getting at with the question. But tendering as a whole....

Tendering is basically the same as the other ships. Go to the showroom and, if you have a shore excursion, get your shore ticket and sticker and wait to be called. If you are independent, go to the showroom, get your tender ticket and wait until you are called.

If you are 4 or 5* you may or may not be able to have priority tendering and walk off without a ticket. Prinsendam tends to have a lot of high star mariners which can prohibit the standard priority tender privilege although they can try to give priority with the tickets.

Like everything else on Prinsendam, tendering works like clockwork, a smooth process, not long waiting.An outstanding crew ,that smile in the face of adversity, as in people who are so dangerously impaired and tenders are a threat to their well being.!..All is taken care of ,Prinsendam is a wonderful experience in so many ways.[6 weeks earlier this year and previous sailing], and could have gone on forever...! A sad day when it is no longer part of the fleet,a real experience of the traditions of being at sea,and Prinsendam always has surprises, of places and sights not included, detours to wonderful places, just the best experience ever. It is ,in my opinion for the real Explorer .! This is all led from the Bridge, a "Happy Ship "simply the best.!Enjoy..

The one significant difference, to me, was exiting and entering the ship when tendering.

There is no outside stairway and platform when exiting/entering the shell door in the side of the hull and then embarking the tender from the platform as the other ships in the fleet use.

On the Prinsendam, there are 3-4 steps from the deck to the area just inside the shell door. From there, one is helped directly into the tender alongside the ship. Personally, I did not care for this arrangement, particularly when the tender was bobbing along side of the ship.

Would this prevent me from booking the Prinsendam? No Would it make me consider whether to use the tender services when the sea is somewhat "active"? Yes.

Like everything else on Prinsendam, tendering works like clockwork, a smooth process, not long waiting.An outstanding crew ,that smile in the face of adversity, as in people who are so dangerously impaired and tenders are a threat to their well being.!..All is taken care of ,Prinsendam is a wonderful experience in so many ways.[6 weeks earlier this year and previous sailing], and could have gone on forever...! A sad day when it is no longer part of the fleet,a real experience of the traditions of being at sea,and Prinsendam always has surprises, of places and sights not included, detours to wonderful places, just the best experience ever. It is ,in my opinion for the real Explorer .! This is all led from the Bridge, a "Happy Ship "simply the best.!Enjoy..

From one who has cruised on Prinsendam for over 300 days, I agree that the retirement of this great ship is a moment of remembrance, if not real sadness, but a reason to celebrate the great times we had on our "home" for such great cruises such as the 2005 World Cruise and others that gave us so much more than just the entertainment and vacation at sea experiences. We were able to visit countries and talk to people in so many different cultures, never to experience again.

Our next cruise is on Prinsendam, just because she will be retired next year and we couldn't pass up this chance to revisit this most wonderful ship. I'll never forget all the great cruises and the great Captain Halle Thon Gundersen, who was so much a part of the best cruises we ever experienced.

Slinkie

Tender tickets for four or five star mariners are generally given out in the ocean bar lounge. For our July cruise, no waiting. Show up, get your priority ticket and head out. Tendering was generally well managed, and soon (an hour?) after tendering began, announcement to just go to tender location without heaing to showroom or lounge. Smaller ship, less passengers to move.

Tender tickets for four or five star mariners are generally given out in the ocean bar lounge. For our July cruise, no waiting. Show up, get your priority ticket and head out. Tendering was generally well managed, and soon (an hour?) after tendering began, announcement to just go to tender location without heaing to showroom or lounge. Smaller ship, less passengers to move.

Hasn't happened on any P'dam cruise we have been on. We were either able to "walk off" as per 4 and 5* status but as of late had to get a 'priority' ticket at the showroom. We were told to go to the same place as everyone else. Probably because there were so many 4 and 5* Mariners. Half the ship can be those ;)