Seaside - Daily Housekeeping charges/15% service charge

beachliving01

We are leaving next week for our much anticipated cruise. There are 4 families in our group with 3 having the Aurea deluxe package and 1 couple with the Fantastica package. For the 3 that have the Aurea we have $150 onboard ship credit. The Fantastica package has a $50 credit. One of the individuals in our group saw the following:

I just read it, 12.95 per adult per day and 6.95for child, so for me 33 bucks a day for housekeeping charges. Andyou get charged a 15% tax for all drinks you order.

We were planning on using the on board credit to cover our tips, but none of us were aware of an extra charge for housekeeping. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed an added charge? Is this considered the service charge?

I believe the 15% tax is only on drinks that are purchased out of pocket. Since we have the Aurea deluxe drink package I don't believe that if affects us, but not sure. The couple that has the Fantastica package has the drink coupons. Will they have to pay the service charge when using their drink coupons?

We would appreciate any feedback. We do plan on tipping above and beyond for great service. We usually would leave a few dollars a day for the housekeeping staff when staying at an all inclusive resort. We had planned on doing that as well, but if we are paying $26 - $33 a day that may change.

The daily service charge is $12.50 pppd and half that for minors and will be added to your onboard account each day.

The 15% service charge only applies to drinks purchased; it will not apply for anything covered in your inclusive drinks package (which, bytheway, is NOT the Deluxe one but the Classic one. Items with asterisks on the menus are not included in Classic; items with one asterisk are the extra included in the Deluxe. Items with 2 asterisks are not included in any packages).

Drinks covered by the vouchers will not incur the 15% service charge, either.

(which, bytheway, is NOT the Deluxe one but the Classic one. Items with asterisks on the menus are not included in Classic; items with one asterisk are the extra included in the Deluxe. Items with 2 asterisks are not included in any packages).

Drinks covered by the vouchers will not incur the 15% service charge, either.

Perhaps the OP upgraded to Deluxe. We certainly did. For $112 total it is a no-brainer.

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app