Meraviglia - Booking of Cirque du soleil shows

nese12

Hi

Can anyone help?

- I read somewhere that there is 2 different Cirqu du soleil shows on Meraviglia is that correct?

- What is the ticket price only for the show without dinner?

- Can we book in advance from home?

Thanks in advance :cool:

When you log on to your booking you can book cirque through the customise option. Select food and beverages and keep clicking on more at the bottom until you see cirque. With dinner it's £27 pp uk and with cocktail it's £12pp. You need to book the specific day and time when you get on the ship OR contact msc reservation / your TA who might be able to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

Can anyone help?

- I read somewhere that there is 2 different Cirqu du soleil shows on Meraviglia is that correct?

Yes - Viaggio and Sonor are the names.

- What is the ticket price only for the show without dinner?

There are only 2 options: show with dinner is €35 pp and show with cocktail is €15 pp.

- Can we book in advance from home?

Thanks in advance :cool:

Yes, you can book by logging into your booking and then "Enhance your cruise". As Rossco said, it is listed under the 'Food and beverage' section.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Looking for an answer to the two different shows and what is recommended like dinner vs drinks only.

Thanks!

There are full videos of both shows on YouTube. Dinner tables are further away from the stage and it is a fixed menu.

Do they do each show once per night? Are they performed at the same time each night, what would the show times be if so and how long do the shows last?

And finally, is it more impressive live than it looks on YouTube?

We are thinking of booking for next year but I'm not familiar with Cirque and feel we should book but the clips aren't encouraging me.

The shows are on different nights, CF. I imagine the showtimes will be dependent on the specific itinerary. It'll be interesting to see exactly when they're on for our cruise. Hopefully we'll get an idea from the previous 10 night sailing.

We saw the Sonor show when we were on last year and enjoyed it (though I wouldn't book to see it again). I can't remember how long it lasted - somewhere between 30 and 45 minutes?

On our cruise the shows lasted around 45 minutes and were on twice a night. They had Viaggio for a few days, then Sonor for a few days, rather than once each night. As said before, this can and probably will vary on your cruise! Pre book as it will save you money- it's £12pp online or 15EU+service charge on board. On boarding day visit the desk outside Cirque to get allocated a time/date. There was very little choice left when we went even though we went on boarding day.

The shows are worth watching but not mind blowing, in all honesty. I liked them equally- the first half of Sonor isn't great, but the second half is really good. All of Viaggio is fairly good.

I wouldn't pay much mind to the 'Mediterranean Dream cocktail'. They seemed to have a random choice of 2 different cocktails each night, plus a non alcoholic option. The first show we didn't like the drinks at all, they were super strong. The second time they were better. You are also given a little plate with 2 chocolate macarons on.

We received a free dinner with cirque show as part of our booking. How do we reserve this on our booking.

We have the same. Our booking seems to have a date attached to this on the confirmation which we assumed was the date we would go.

• 7 months later...
Just now, frannie said:

oh wow nothing on the confirmation saying i need to pay for our 7 year old

Its dinner for two promotion so I guess they assume we figure it out LOL . I did not pay attention as well, my TA asked me if I want it. 

4 minutes ago, GOLDENBONNY said:

just got answer from my TA , my DD booking for show cost me 42$ and she got day and time for me. 

How old is your daughter that seems pricy . Our granddaughter is 7

4 hours ago, frannie said:

Ok told my TA to book the show for our Granddaughter . hope she enjoys it 

In response to your question on another thread; It took a bit to remember where I saw a Cirque menu from Meraviglia, it was in Hey Tina's review linked below.  There is another review with more food pics, but right now I can't remember where.  Pete, @Skier52, had a Meraviglia review showing Cirque where he mentions needing a mallet, perhaps he can elaborate.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2551434-msc-meraviglia-live-review-northern-europe-june-10-june-24/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-55056381