Age, height and weight limit question about water slides

Mybearsbaby

Hi! Does anyone know of hand if there is a weight limit, and if so, what it is for the water slides onboard (Specifically, Carnival Sunshine)? I'm a bigger gal. :loudcry: Working on losing some weight, but I dont have much more time. Please no rude comments regarding people's size. I am a plus size girl. I know it. I'm trying hard to remedy it. In the meantime, I want to know if I will be able to do some of the fun things offered.

Also, my son wants to do the slides. Anyone know the height or age that they allow youngsters to slide?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1122 once on their site click on the following:

To read about shipboard water sports policies, click here.

If you are at all worried about getting stuck in a water slide, you'll want to pay attention to your body position as you go down it. Don't splay your arms and legs out, tuck your limbs in. The idea is to reduce the drag of your body surface in order to go fairly quickly and not 'catch'.

To go most quickly, no matter your body size, lay down at the top of the body slide and arch your back a tiny bit. Fold your hands over your chest, and GO! Your shoulder blades and your bum will be the main things touching the slide.

Conversely, if you feel as if you're going too fast on a slide, curl your back a little to make sure it all hits the slide, spread your legs a bit and put your arms to the sides. That will give you a bit more drag and slow you down!

Please don't dwell on your weight issues, love yourself, be happy...things will fall in to place when your ready and ok if you stay fluffy and beautiful.

When I weighed over 700 lbs just climbing the stairs was a challenge but I did it ONCE. Now that I am below 300 I couldn't get enough.

Have FUN

Formerly,

BigCraig

"

NOTE - the slide is only open on Port Days when the ship docked - on our first cruise, my brother and I were the last ones down on the very last day"

The slides are always open, even at anchor. We stayed aboard at Princess Cay as the ferries were having a cluster day. Of course they are open at sea, weather permitting.

Thank you! This is what I needed! :)

Now...have any bigger guys and gals used the slide? I don't want people to cringe in horror as I get on the slide. 😳😂

YES! (y):D

I'm there with ya--I'm plus size, I know it, and I'm taking steps to correct it. I've enjoyed the water slide on several cruises. And I don't even care if people make fun of my "fat lady swim dress"!

Go and enjoy!

YES! (y):D

I'm there with ya--I'm plus size, I know it, and I'm taking steps to correct it. I've enjoyed the water slide on several cruises. And I don't even care if people make fun of my "fat lady swim dress"!

Go and enjoy!

You got this! Keep on taking those steps, and you will achieve your goals! This original post was made a little over a year and a half ago, and after we got back from that cruise, I started taking steps to get where I need to be too. I'm thankful to report that I have now lost 110 lbs!

On the cruise I was asking about, I totally rocked my "fat lady swim dress" and my son and I had a blast making memories on the slide! I wouldn't take anything for those fun times. I'm so glad I decided to go ahead no matter what anyone else thinks, and not let my worries hold me back. Thank you so much for your encouraging words, and happy cruising!