Pitons in St. Lucia

HDNomad

We did the La Soufriere Volcano Tour in September and we saw the Pitons. I can not tell you if that is the best tour to see them, but we loved that tour :)

Cindy

We did that tour as well and thought it was worthwhile. Though the ride there and back was just a bit scary. I think next time I'll take a boat tour there!

We did that tour as well and thought it was worthwhile. Though the ride there and back was just a bit scary. I think next time I'll take a boat tour there!

I have heard about the scary ride from other people as well. I guess we were sitting on the "right" side on the bus and it wasn't scary at all.

Just go up on deck or go out on your balcony when the ship is sailing by on the way in. They were right there in front of me when sailing by. Of course I was on the starboard side. Got some nice pics of them. And I didn't have to pay for an excursion. But, I'm sure an excursion would be the way to go.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used Cosol tours last year. While the tour was an all day event, it was well worth it. They kept us fed and hydrated, tons of stops for pictures, and we saw so many sights that it was hands down the best tour we have ever been on. We got to swim between the Pitons, got in a volcanic hot spring, put on some volcanic mud, and washed it off in a waterfall.

But yes, if you get motion sick in a vehicle, this might not be the tour for you. Going out (away) from the ship wasn't too bad as you stop every now and then, but the ride back is just driving for a long time on switchback roads. They stop once on the way back for a quick snack and stretch your legs, but vans are moving pretty well on that part of the drive.

Edited by Rewind

We used Cosol tours last year. While the tour was an all day event, it was well worth it. They kept us fed and hydrated, tons of stops for pictures, and we saw so many sights that it was hands down the best tour we have ever been on. We got to swim between the Pitons, got in a volcanic hot spring, put on some volcanic mud, and washed it off in a waterfall.

But yes, if you get motion sick in a vehicle, this might not be the tour for you. Going out (away) from the ship wasn't too bad as you stop every now and then, but the ride back is just driving for a long time on switchback roads. They stop once on the way back for a quick snack and stretch your legs, but vans are moving pretty well on that part of the drive.

I had a group of 12 take Cosol and agree with everything mentioned here (though not sure about the hydrated part, we drank the provided beer the entire day ;) ). I think my favorite part of the tour was riding in a boat over to Sugar Beach in between the pitons - absolutely gorgeous! I definitely recommend Cosol Tours!

We did The Cosol tour as well. Best tour I've ever taken, well worth the money. We got a couple views of the Pitons on that tour but the best was when we took the speed boat ride over to the beach and swam between them.

We did not find the car ride portion to be bad at all, but we are from Colorado and are very used to mountain driving so that might be why it didn't phase us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Cosol .

We had a group of 4 and all of us thought it was one of the best excursion we had ever done.

My sister was worried about making it back to the ship on time... I calmed her down saying this is their bread and butter. If people missed the ship, they wouldn't have such a high rating. We got back with over an hour to explore the lil shops...

The water was not rough at all and it was on a Catamaran.

Thanks!

Forgot to ask- did you do this through the cruise line excursions (RCI) ?

And we are traveling with my 87 year old sister. She gets around ok. Do you think she would be comfortable on a catamaran?

I appreciate your help.

Jalousie Beach Break with Spencer Ambrose. You board his boat right at the cruise port in Castries and off you go to the Pitons. The beach is snuggled in right between the two. On the return, you explore the coastline between Soufriere and Castries.

From our tour last March:

[YOUTUBE]Qb6eipq9Pxo[/YOUTUBE]

But yes, if you get motion sick in a vehicle, this might not be the tour for you. .

Motion sick? For me it was being on the side of a mountain with no curbs passing another vehicle at 30mph. :eek: Your tour did sound good, ours was similar but with no swimming or hot spring baths, did see them though.

I'm currently booked with Cosol but I am seriously thinking about switching to an RCI tour. I've read horror stories about Cosol getting back to the ship with 2-10mins to spare.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions. Still on the fence. I know they get such high ratings but I want to be able to enjoy the day and not worry about cutting it that close.

I'm currently booked with Cosol but I am seriously thinking about switching to an RCI tour. I've read horror stories about Cosol getting back to the ship with 2-10mins to spare.

I'm open to suggestions and opinions. Still on the fence. I know they get such high ratings but I want to be able to enjoy the day and not worry about cutting it that close.

I have no experience, but since its a private tour, email them with your concern and see what they say. Its possible they keep a cell phone with the port officer's number on it and can relay that they are on their way back. I haven't read of anyone not making the ship, but I do understand the trepidation of not making it.

I haven't read any horror stories about them...

If you feel it is getting to late, let them know, they were more than willing to skip something and take people back early.

The van I was in had 6 from Adventure, 2 from Jewel, 2 that were just island hopping... I think there were 9 vans that day, plus the manager was in his own van with few crew personal and if need be, he would bring someone back to the ship.