wristbands

mgm536

• 1 month later...
What are the wrist bands for?

The wristbands can be used in lieu of cruise ID cards while on the ship for purchases and to open the cabin door. Yacht Club passengers can use the wristband for access to the YC and to priority override ("hijack") some of the elevators. You still need your cruise ID card when leaving and entering the ship. The wristband has no passenger information printed on (such as name, cabin number, etc).

Yes. I definitely see the appeal I’m just uncomfortable with a watch or Fitbit or something on my wrist.

Thanks for your help

You don’t need to wear the wristband, you still get a cruise ID card. I didn’t put on the wristband on Elegant Nights while wearing a tux.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Glad to hear they are waterproof. Still wondering where can you purchase them? Also, know you need to put key card in to a slot by the door in your cabin for lights etc. to work. Question is....can you use any other type of card to accomplish this?

Thanks, Glad to hear they are waterproof. Still wondering where can you purchase them? Also, know you need to put key card in to a slot by the door in your cabin for lights etc. to work. Question is....can you use any other type of card to accomplish this?

Yes, but it has to be an RFID card. Many hotels have gone to those, so we use an old RFID hotel room card.

Thanks, too bad I didn't know that sooner - just threw out a RIFD hotel key. Oh Well!

Still need to know where Bella passengers can purchase the wristbands????????

Depending Ii think on your room steward but they can give you a MSC generic RFID card to put into the slot. Ours did, were on the Seaside now. We did try the RFID hotel card and it also did work.