Earliest Domestic Flight on Disembarkation in Sydney

lovestx

we will be arriving at Circular Quay on Celebrity Solstice at 6:30 a.m. On Friday, April 12, 2019. We want to fly to Melbourne that day. What would be the earliest flight you would consider? Would 11 a.m. Work?

11:00 should be doable, I’d prefer afternoon personally.

we will be arriving at Circular Quay on Celebrity Solstice at 6:30 a.m. On Friday, April 12, 2019. We want to fly to Melbourne that day. What would be the earliest flight you would consider? Would 11 a.m. Work?

We usually get an 11.50am flight to our home town, mostly we get off the ship at 9am.

Lovestx, we have to fly to Melb following most cruises and 11am is certainly doable, especially on either a Saturday or Sunday, but on weekdays with the chaotic Sydney traffic 12 noon would give you more wriggle room just in case you hit delays. But if you are prepared to catch the train (not too much luggage) that is also a great option. We always arrange a car service as getting taxis can involve long delays in the taxi queues, and stress that we will miss our flight.

The traffic around Sydney airport is getting worse by the day. Weekends are probably as bad as or worst than during the week.

Give yourselves plenty of time to get there or, depending on baggage, get the train in Circular Quay to the domestic airport. I think it's $15 each but gets you to the terminal without traffic concerns.

The only problem you could have is track maintenance on the train line and then they use buses. :)

NSW school holidays start April 13 so the airport will be extremely busy by the 12th. :mad:

Up until my last cruise, I would have said you will be fine, unfortunately the weather along the East coast of Australia decided to play with us and we were delayed by over 4 hours and missed our 11am flight! I will go back to choosing late afternoon flights from now on, at least we know we will be safe to get home (we have 2 flights and half the country to cover to get home).