Below passenger decks

silver service

i would love to know what is below deck a, on queen victoria.

The passenger lift goes down to deck a. Been there on going

Off deck 4. Unable to find any hull plans on the net. I know there

Are some of us here, with the information, thanks!

Have you asked Cunard directly? They'll be happy to answer.

i would love to know what is below deck a, on queen victoria.

The passenger lift goes down to deck a. Been there on going

Off deck 4. Unable to find any hull plans on the net. I know there

Are some of us here, with the information, thanks!

I have the full deck plans....is there anywhere in particular you are interested ? Its fairly busy down there and a lot going on!

sorry guys these are the actual build plans - they are not publicly available for sale or loan but if you have a specific question about an area (within reason) that doesn't affect the security of the ship Im happy to photo it and post it.

Ive loved the Victoria since she was launched...so they are well thumbed!

Does Cunard offer Behind-the-Scenes tours of all their ships? I know I enjoyed the tour on the QM2 last year. (Limited number of slots, sign up at Tour Office when it opens the first morning.)

yes they do Mark, they offer a behind the scenes tour, I think its about $125 and includes a glass of champagne on the bridge. It will give you a good understanding on what goes on behind the scenes, theatre, galley, limited crew area. It used to include the engine control room - hopefully it still does. I think you would enjoy it.

sorry guys these are the actual build plans - they are not publicly available for sale or loan but if you have a specific question about an area (within reason) that doesn't affect the security of the ship Im happy to photo it and post it.

How did you get them,then?Are you an industrial spy,lol.

I'd like to know what is beneath the deck 1 midship cabins (port and starboard) please. I'm thinking about booking one and worried about noise from the crew areas. I've been in 1085 before and there was some noise from below at times. Hoping other cabins in this category won't be similarly affected.

Thanks

Daisy

I'd like to know what is beneath the deck 1 midship cabins (port and starboard) please. I'm thinking about booking one and worried about noise from the crew areas. I've been in 1085 before and there was some noise from below at times. Hoping other cabins in this category won't be similarly affected.

Thanks

Daisy

Hi Daisy,

Im not surprised you heard the occasional noise, thats the baggage area. Although it should have only been a little noisy at the beginning and end of your trip. I've taken a pic of 1085 and also what is directly under it ( and have put it up temporarily on one of my blogs.. The little x in the left hand corner of the baggage area shows the point directly below 1085.

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com/2018/10/deck-plan.html

Ill leave it up there for a couple of days, I was unable to upload it here on CC to a reasonable size that you would have been able to read. There is a lot of cruise accommodation on this level so if you want to avoid bakeries, crew messes the engine control room etc maybe starboard and forward would suit you which is all mainly crew accom....

regards Roscoe

There is a lot of cruise accommodation on this level so if you want to avoid bakeries, crew messes the engine control room etc maybe starboard and forward would suit you which is all mainly crew accom....

Thanks Roscoe - very helpful. That certainly explains the loud bangs and thuds I heard! Do you know if it's a similar crew area layout on the QE?

Daisy

Thanks Roscoe - very helpful. That certainly explains the loud bangs and thuds I heard! Do you know if it's a similar crew area layout on the QE?

Daisy

Yes comparing the hull designs for both ships (and I have revision "04" which was the last one done before launch, they are very similar apart from the recent changes made to the QV in the recent revamp.

I've done the full ship's tour on both QV and QM2. The baggage areas are big wide open spaces. The baggage is put into large metal cages on wheels. These cages breakdown into smaller units for storage during sailing. I bet they can make quite a bang when being broken down/assembled. Some of the noise you might hear will be at the beginning and end of the voyage as the space is cleared to receive these carts because they are stacked against a bulkhead. During the voyage, the area is used for storage. You may hear the odd scraping or rumble depending upon whatever else is stored being moved about. At least you will understand what is going on below you. You can ignore it, roll over and go back to sleep. You certainly won't miss arrival.