Room service tipping ?

Dog Drool

Room Service -- there is no receipt for you to sign for regular food. So you need to have small bills handy if you wish to tip. You can get change at the front office. For items that you will be charged for -- there are a few -- you will get a plain receipt.

HAL doesn't even have receipts from the bar area where you can add on extra tips if you want to.

I will most likely have excess non refundable OBC on my upcoming cruise.

Does room service come with a receipt like the bar, so the tip can be added there or do I need a stack on 1$ bills?

HAL bar tabs do not have a place to write in a tip.

If you are going to tip for room service (and we do), have your money ready. They are in and out quickly. They do not wait around for a tip, but they appreciate receiving one.

So true - they are gone quickly, so be ready with your tip ahead of time.

Use the slot in the back of the door where the "Do Not Disturb" tag is stored.

But, then, in my just awakening "fog", I'd have to remember to remove the money.

I prefer leaving the cash on the desk or on the table by the sofa so that I have a better chance of seeing it and grabbing it before answering the door.

If you are going to tip for room service (and we do), have your money ready. They are in and out quickly. They do not wait around for a tip, but they appreciate receiving one.

Good advice. I always take the c ash out the night before (if having RS reakfast) so I can quickly grab it to give to the steward.

But, then, in my just awakening "fog", I'd have to remember to remove the money.

I prefer leaving the cash on the desk or on the table by the sofa so that I have a better chance of seeing it and grabbing it before answering the door.

If you think you might miss the money when it's attached to the door, you can always staple a few bills to the back of each hand. (Not to your palms because of washing and wiping.)

DH would grab some bills from the safe as I was on the phone ordering. In the evening, if we ordered breakfast room service, we'd place the bills on the table before going to bed. As one of us went to answer the door the next morning, that person was responsible for grabbing the money.

Everyone is correct, though, about these guys being in and out like a flash. They truly appreciate the tip but don't linger waiting for one. And they always have smiles on their faces! They are the best. Of course, I feel that way about HA's crew, regardless of where they serve. In 10 years of cruising with this line, I've only run into one person who wasn't helpful/friendly, and that was the personal cruise consultant on one cruise. She sticks in my memory because it is so unusual, at least in my experience, to find a rude/inefficient crew member on a dam ship.

Use the slot in the back of the door where the "Do Not Disturb" tag is stored.

I love this tip and have used it for some time. I stay at the door, out of the steward's way and give it to him as he leaves and I can shut the door. It's always handy. I put the cash there the night prior after I put out the hang tag.

OK. I am using glue. Now, I have to ask the Steward to stand there and wait while I try to get the money peeled off my hand without tearing it.:D:D :D

I think I will stick with my "tried and true" method of tipping my Room Service Stewards.

A

OK. I am using glue. Now, I have to ask the Steward to stand there and wait while I try to get the money peeled off my hand without tearing it.:D:D :D

ANOTHER use for the ever handy duct tape. :cool: