Cabanas for Solo Cruisers

ShipsInBergen

Hi All,

Next month I'll be taking my first HAL cruise on NA. As a solo cruiser I have a few specific questions about the Lido cabanas...

The cabanas include a glass of fizz each day...is it cheeky to assume that as a solo I could have two glasses since I'd be paying the full cabana rate? Sounds daft but I'm not on the drinks package so this little extra could swing the decision to make more sense financially ;p

Is it possible to invite a guest into the cabana to join for lunch every now and then?

Since I've booked an inside cabin it's really tempting to have a private outdoor space, and somewhere to leave my things whilst I take a dip in the pool or hot tubs or just a stroll around deck. Plus those big double sunbeds look wonderful for afternoon naps! Just want to make sure I wouldn't be throwing $200 down the drain (that is if there are still any cabanas available).

I had a Lido cabana on Eurodam last December and I have one booked for my upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on NA. I think you will find that your requests will be honored. I was the only cabana that wanted the sparkling wine in the afternoons, so I got most of the bottle every day. The cabana boys are super friendly, and kindness and appreciation go along way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

It's definitely convinced me that the Lido cabana is the way to go...only trouble is now I've left it too late and the last ones have been booked for my sailing! Guess I can try to call them again in a few weeks on the off-chance there's been a cancellation, but I won't hold my breath.

Otherwise that money seems destined to go towards a thermal suite pass and a couple of nice dinners on board :D

You may want to ask if there is a wait list for the Lido cabanas. I don't know if there is, but if there were one, I'd try to get on it.

I checked this out when I was on the phone with Ship Services and sadly no wait list, so lesson learnt on my part...no Cabana for me this time ;p

I checked this out when I was on the phone with Ship Services and sadly no wait list, so lesson learnt on my part...no Cabana for me this time ;p

It's a long shot -- but someone might cancel once onboard. I would go to Guest Services as soon as you board and tell them you would like to be notified if there is a cancellation! Couldn't hurt!