Is Hidden Beach in Puerto Vallarta still open?

cruise356

Hi,

Can anyone confirm if hidden beach is still open to the public? I was able to visit the beach 10 years ago using a local fisherman. Now I am hearing the beach is closed and only open at select times with limited numbers of people to visit per day. Has anyone been to Hidden Beach lately? If so, what was your experience? Crowded? Expensive? Limited time to stay at the beach? Worth it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts ;)

It is still open but indeed with many rerstrictions to save it from the too many people that visited before. Only a certain number of people are allowed each day and cannot stay longer then 20 minutes. Also just a few touroperators have the licence to come there. Be aware that due to e.g. high tide it can happen you cannot enter as you have to swim through a small kind of cave.

• 2 months later...
On 10/5/2018 at 11:20 PM, Ine said:

It is still open but indeed with many rerstrictions to save it from the too many people that visited before. Only a certain number of people are allowed each day and cannot stay longer then 20 minutes. Also just a few touroperators have the licence to come there. Be aware that due to e.g. high tide it can happen you cannot enter as you have to swim through a small kind of cave.

I see that this post is a couple months old but I was wondering if you could give me some advice? I just booked the Marieta Islands Eco Tour through NCL. I thought it would have hidden beach as part of it but when I go back and read it, it doesn't actually say anything about that. Its more for sight seeing, snorkeling and partying on the catamaran. Is there anything to see that far out snorkeling? 

Marietas Island is good for snorkeling and diving. The water there is often more cleaner then in the bay. However in wintertime it might be a bit cooler too. Be aware of possible current as you swim at the place where the bay meets the Pacific Ocean. While sailing to and from the Marietas in wintertime you might spot some whales!

As I posted before not all boats have a licence for passengers entering the hidden beach. Also ships donot dock but anchor near the Marietas. So you enter the water from the boat.