Majestic or Ovation?

Scyl

I am planning a cruise to NZ in Jan next year, basically decided on either Majestic Princess or Ovation of the Seas. This is where I am stuck on.

I went on the Ovation last year, loved it! I am a fan of RCI and would love to collect more C&A points. I don't get to cruise a lot so I want to take every opportunities to earn points. On the other hand, Majestic is new and I want to try it, but I never sailed with Princess before. I will be going with friends, we are in our 20s so RCI seem more suitable than Princess for us?

Should I take a dive into the unknown and try Majestic? or stick with what I know I will enjoy but less excited about?

Would love to hear your opinions!

I am planning a cruise to NZ in Jan next year, basically decided on either Majestic Princess or Ovation of the Seas. This is where I am stuck on.

I went on the Ovation last year, loved it! I am a fan of RCI and would love to collect more C&A points. I don't get to cruise a lot so I want to take every opportunities to earn points. On the other hand, Majestic is new and I want to try it, but I never sailed with Princess before. I will be going with friends, we are in our 20s so RCI seem more suitable than Princess for us?

Should I take a dive into the unknown and try Majestic? or stick with what I know I will enjoy but less excited about?

Would love to hear your opinions!

Which has the better itinerary? If they are both the same itinerary..I would stick with RCI earn your loyalty points and honestly having been on both lines I would say RCI all the way for your age group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Which has the better itinerary? If they are both the same itinerary..I would stick with RCI earn your loyalty points and honestly having been on both lines I would say RCI all the way for your age group.

RCI have Bay Of Islands and Picton while Princess have Wellington and Akaroa. All the other ports are the same. I have been to Picton and Wellington, so the main difference in Bay Of Islands or Akaroa, any opinion on those ports as well?

We are not active/party people, I didn't even go on the flowrider last time, and having done most of the activities on Ovation already, would you say Princess is still worth considering or is RCI still better?

I've just been on the Majestic to the Islands and while there were passengers on board in your age group there were not too many, so I would advise you to go on Ovation.

Ovation will have more activities for people in their 20's. Unless you like doing trivia and have a cup of coffee afterwards.:D

Princess did have a laser tag room but in was only run once a day and not everybody could fit into the small room.

Majestic is a beautiful ship but we have found that after two days the decor means less to us than the activities on board.

For people in their 50's and above the Majestic is a wonderful ship for them.

I have been on both Ovation and Majestic this year.

The Ovation is a beautiful ship with activities and a younger vibe. There are many more bars and lounge areas for a younger age group, much more variety than Majestic.

Even though I have more loyalty on Princess, if I had the choice I would choose Ovation over Majestic to cruise New Zealand as there are more viewing areas on deck for the scenery. A walking jogging track that laps the ship,the cabins have great decor and are modern, you just cannot beat the beautiful 270 lounge and the Solarium Adults only area.

Although Ovation has the flowrider and rockclimbing which we dont utilise, it has many more pluses as a cruise ship for seating, bars and entertainment.

Downside for Ovation is USD onboard.

As a general comment rcl is more appealing to a younger crowd.

However in your case you need to asses what you enjoy in a cruise. If you just want to try new ships than majestic would hold more value. But if you liked the rci experience more and want to continue it it’s best to stay with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Princess isn’t a good ‘first time cruise’ for people in their 20’s in my honest humble opinion even though it is an amazing product in its own right!

If they had cruised before I would say go for it! 

I would say Celebrity Solstice would even be a little better fit if you want the “premium” experience.

In saying that I think Royal and Carnival are best bets for people in their 20’s and still solid products that hold their own with Princess just cater better to a younger demographic with entertainment and activities. 

16 hours ago, Scyl said:

Thanks everyone, I decided on Ovation

I would suggest this is the better option for you as I think RCI is a better fit than Princess. I am yet to try the Majestic (next month) but have sailed on Ovation twice and love the ship. Getting off the ship at ports can be an issue (too many people, not enough gangways) but then that occurs on many ships at many ports.