Mini Cruise

Marronnier

I'm booked on a mini-cruise Soton-Hamburg-Soton on the QV, which it appears to me is the end of one cruise (from the Canaries) and the begining of another (world cruise). My question is whether embarkation at Soton will be as per a full cruise or crossing or are there likely to be many fewer passengers boarding making for a quicker and quieter embarkation?

Assuming we are talking about the January 6-10, 2019 cruise (V901), it looks to me like this should be pretty much a normal voyage turnover day in Southampton. There is no single voyage being sold where passengers can book the Christmas cruise to the Canaries and then continue on to Hamburg. There is a separate 2-day voyage being sold from Southampton to Hamburg on January 6-8, 2019 (V902) as well as your 4-day voyage. So, it is certainly possible that some passengers could book two back-to-back voyages combining the Canaries cruise with a continuation on to Hamburg. But I would think the numbers of passengers wanting to do that would be relatively small. I would expect most of the passengers on your voyage will be newly embarking in Southampton rather than continuing on from the previous cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 2:31 PM, Marronnier said:

I'm booked on a mini-cruise Soton-Hamburg-Soton on the QV, which it appears to me is the end of one cruise (from the Canaries) and the begining of another (world cruise). My question is whether embarkation at Soton will be as per a full cruise or crossing or are there likely to be many fewer passengers boarding making for a quicker and quieter embarkation?

This is quite a popular "after Christmas" cruise which we have done several times. I know several passengers who have done this many times too. Embarkation is pretty busy as per normal, what is a little different is that there may well be a good number of German passengers embarking in Hamburg on the 8th for the World Cruise as V910 on the 28th April will/can return them to Hamburg after the final leg of the WC from Capetown. They can also move ship to the QM2 on the 10th Jan.

Both Oriana and Arcadia are in port on the 6th so do not expect a quiet day in Southampton.