Splendor VS Miracle

toriasloan

Trying to decide on what Mexican Riviera cruise to book out of Long Beach in 2019. There isn't much price difference between the ships, it's like an 80 dollar difference. I'm just trying to decide which would be the better ship to go on? If anyone has been on both and they like one better than the other, I'd be grateful for any input. Thanks!

Also, if I did book Splendor I could get it a little cheaper going from an OV to a Porthole but I've read those could be noisy. Especially the one I can get which is 2220 because it's right under the stage. Has anyone else had that room?

I would go on the Splendor without hesitation. Larger ship and newer ship.

Plus I love the Splendor. It's unique!

Thank you! I tend to always go for the newer, larger ship anyway. I'm told Splendor has a whole lot of pink and I'm kind of intrigued.

I haven't been on the Splendor before, but I would choose it over the Miracle. We had a good cruise, but the Miracle would have to get a facelift and some upgrades before I'd sail on it again.

Thank you! I've heard and seen some pictures that kind of had me double guessing myself when it came to booking Miracle, which was why I was happy I came across the Splendor.

Have been on both the past year. The two ships are unique in their own way. The Splendors pink and the Miracle, lets say is different. We like the smaller ships and enjoyed both. Both are without the 2.0 upgrades, no Guys, Blue Iguana burritos, Red Frog, and Blue Iguana Bars and no Red Frog Pub. Splendor has the dive in theater. Both could use a dry dock face lift ( Splendor is going to Asia soon ). We would make our decision based on itinerary.

Have been on both the past year. The two ships are unique in their own way. The Splendors pink and the Miracle, lets say is different. We like the smaller ships and enjoyed both. Both are without the 2.0 upgrades, no Guys, Blue Iguana burritos, Red Frog, and Blue Iguana Bars and no Red Frog Pub. Splendor has the dive in theater. Both could use a dry dock face lift ( Splendor is going to Asia soon ). We would make our decision based on itinerary.

One correction, Miracle has a Red Frog Pub and also has an Alchemy Bar. The Alchemy Bar alone makes Miracle very appealing in my book. Miracle also has a much nicer Serenity area with a pool, which is a big plus. However, as the last poster mentioned, Splendor has the Cloud 9 Spa with the Thalassotherapy Pool. Also, Splendor is a newer and larger ship as previously mentioned in this thread. No matter what ship you go on, you will have a good time. All things being equal, which they never really are, I would go with Miracle. But I would not have an issue sailing on Splendor either.

Splendor has a T-pool and wonderful spa rooms. I took an ocean view on deck ten. There is a private elevator to the spa floors.

I found the Miracle to be more crowded, with less dining choices. Overall the ship seemed a bit threadbare.

I would choose Splendor .

One correction, Miracle has a Red Frog Pub and also has an Alchemy Bar. The Alchemy Bar alone makes Miracle very appealing in my book. Miracle also has a much nicer Serenity area with a pool, which is a big plus. However, as the last poster mentioned, Splendor has the Cloud 9 Spa with the Thalassotherapy Pool. Also, Splendor is a newer and larger ship as previously mentioned in this thread. No matter what ship you go on, you will have a good time. All things being equal, which they never really are, I would go with Miracle. But I would not have an issue sailing on Splendor either.

Alchemy Bar is one of the main reasons I would book Miracle, I loved it when I was on the Sunshine.

• Like 1

Trying to decide on what Mexican Riviera cruise to book out of Long Beach in 2019. There isn't much price difference between the ships, it's like an 80 dollar difference. I'm just trying to decide which would be the better ship to go on? If anyone has been on both and they like one better than the other, I'd be grateful for any input. Thanks!

Also, if I did book Splendor I could get it a little cheaper going from an OV to a Porthole but I've read those could be noisy. Especially the one I can get which is 2220 because it's right under the stage. Has anyone else had that room?

I've been on the Splendor twice this year and have booked once more for June of next year. Porthole cabins all the way. :) I've not been in 2220 but was in 2216, I think it was, and I really didn't hear any more noise there than I have in other cabins. I'm usually at the show or strolling the Promenade so I've not heard anything from the theater. You do hear the anchor and/or thrusters more in those forward lower cabins but I'm usually up and out before those start so it's definitely not a deterrent for me. Which sailing are you looking at?

I have been on both three times to the Mexican Riviera. I like both but do prefer the miracle for the much better serenity area. Splendors is on one of top decks with no pool. Also I like the fact the the Miracle is much less crowded. Spirit class have the best ratio of passenger to space in the Carnival fleet. Also getting around is easier on spirit class- no mid dining room getting in the way. And last but not least I love the giant " bowling alley " balconies on the Miracle.

Love the Splendor !!!

I've been on the Splendor twice this year and have booked once more for June of next year. Porthole cabins all the way. :) I've not been in 2220 but was in 2216, I think it was, and I really didn't hear any more noise there than I have in other cabins. I'm usually at the show or strolling the Promenade so I've not heard anything from the theater. You do hear the anchor and/or thrusters more in those forward lower cabins but I'm usually up and out before those start so it's definitely not a deterrent for me. Which sailing are you looking at?

I've never been in a porthole room, I'll be honest I usually book balconies but I'm trying to go the budget route on this one. That kind of noise doesn't really bother me and like you I'd be out of the room before they started most likely anyway. And I think the sailing I'm looking at is Splendor's last one in LA, which is September 28th 2019.

Have sailed both ships many times. Have future cruises booked on both ships.

Prefer the Spirit Class (Miracle). Huge Serenity Deck, better comedy club and main showroom, Alchemy Bar. All decks go thru.

ETA- Miracle has two Lido pools, but Splendor has an outdoor screen.

I’d avoid any cabin under a potentially loud public area. Avoid Galleys and showrooms. On the Splendor —to save some money, look at Riviera deck . We prefer cabins midship deck 2, under Guest services and under the aft dining room.

Miracle we prefer French Door inside, Ocean View, and obstructed balcony cabins.

I have been on both three times to the Mexican Riviera. I like both but do prefer the miracle for the much better serenity area. Splendors is on one of top decks with no pool. Also I like the fact the the Miracle is much less crowded. Spirit class have the best ratio of passenger to space in the Carnival fleet. Also getting around is easier on spirit class- no mid dining room getting in the way. And last but not least I love the giant " bowling alley " balconies on the Miracle.

I was worried about the crowding on Splendor for the sake of my brother and aunt who I've invited along to come with me. Both of them have high anxiety when it comes to a lot of people. I've been on bigger ships and it's not a worry for me, but I want to make sure they feel comfortable. Plus I'll admit I saw the pictures of the serenity and loved the one on Miracle because it had a pool. I'm not big on kids so I love the serenity area and wish all of them would have pools.

On the Oct 12th 2019 cruise on the Miracle there are still two of the triple length balconies , extended width available. Rooms 7258 and 8232. i am booked in 6232 below these two rooms. It is nice having two loungers and two chairs!

I've never been in a porthole room, I'll be honest I usually book balconies but I'm trying to go the budget route on this one. That kind of noise doesn't really bother me and like you I'd be out of the room before they started most likely anyway. And I think the sailing I'm looking at is Splendor's last one in LA, which is September 28th 2019.

Budget restrictions is how I discovered the porthole cabins--I don't mind the intside cabins but I'll always choose sunlight whenever possible. Definitely not a balcony, but i've not ever done one of those because I spend so little time in the cabin. I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you decide on. I booked the Splendor for next June, since I'm starting that as my birthday tradition.

I love, love, love the Splendor.  I guess I'm gauche, cause I didn't notice the pink being too, too bright.  Sister and I were on Deck 11 and had a spa inside.  I love the spa on Splendor.  The T-pool is just divine.  I found the ship very easy to get around and was just a delight.  

30 minutes ago, LuckyStar said:

I love, love, love the Splendor.  I guess I'm gauche, cause I didn't notice the pink being too, too bright.  Sister and I were on Deck 11 and had a spa inside.  I love the spa on Splendor.  The T-pool is just divine.  I found the ship very easy to get around and was just a delight.  

I ended up booking us on the Miracle, mostly because the date worked with my schedule more and for my brothers anxiety I felt it was better on a smaller ship for him. I'm excited because there is a ton of amazing feedback on the Miracle, so I'm looking forward to it.

1 minute ago, toriasloan said:

I ended up booking us on the Miracle, mostly because the date worked with my schedule more and for my brothers anxiety I felt it was better on a smaller ship for him. I'm excited because there is a ton of amazing feedback on the Miracle, so I'm looking forward to it.

Good choice. It is much easier to navigate than the Splendor. JMHO