Cheers Comparison Chart

AndrewD65

I know energy drinks are not included in this, but we REALLY would love to know if you can get a cocktail with red bull in it, since it's really not much more than a splash out of the can. If anyone is cruising soon and gets the plan, would you please ask the bartenders if Vodka/Red Bull cocktails are part of the program? It's my husband's favorite drink, so he's going to be bummed if he can't get at least a few of those in between sampling the various specialty offerings at Alchemy, Blue Iguana, etc.

Can't wait to read all about it! Our cruise is the 20th, and I'm soaking up every bit of information! I just had two surgeries, so I've had two weeks of no alcohol - I may be too much of a lightweight by the time the cruise rolls around to even do the Cheers package ;-)

You can always have a few with alcohol and mix it up with soda and the non alcoholic margs or daq's ")

I tried taking a picture but I couldn't get it where it was nice enough to read so I will type out the whole card that we received while purchasing the CHEERS program

WHAT"S INCLUDED?

Here are the program's details (yep, that means 'program guideline'!) about our awesome nre bar program-- CHEERS!

. With the purchase of this program, you will enjoy the ease and convenience of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages (yep, that's with alcohol!) all cruise long! AT ONLY $42.95* per day, this program is an amazing value!

. smiply use your newly-stickered Sail & Sign Card and you're ready to enjoy!

*Prices are per day; gratuities not included.

BEVERAGES INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM ARE:

. All spirits (including cocktails) as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price.

. Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

.25% discount off the menu price for bottled wated.

.25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine above $10.00 per drink.

. 25% discount off the menu price for wine or champagne by the bottle.

BEVERAGES EXCLUDED FROM THE PROGRAM ARE:

. Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

. Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

. Bottles of liquor.

. Bottled water ((offered at a 25% discount).

. Beverages offered at gangway while debarking.

. Beerages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

. Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes, and buckets.

. Wine and champange by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount).

. All spirits and wine above $10.00 per drink. (offered at a 25% discount).

. beverages offered through enomatic wine machines.

. Coffee beverages and food items.

. All other beverages- related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

. Must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.

. Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

. Only one drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.

. Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the gurst folio when this program is used withinn US waters.

. Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

. Program is non-refundable.

The above post is typed out exactly, to the word & punctuation as what is printed on my CHEERS cards.

I did have more then one drink at a time, sometimes, because I would order when I was almost empty on the days that I drank.

I hope this clears up a few questions for anyone wondering what it entails.

It really wasn't worth it to us either. I only wanted to drink 1, maybe 2 days & I felt like I had no choice but to drink. Oh well, live & learn.

I'm just curious - if that's your drinking style while on vacation, why did you purchase the Cheers package? I'd much rather pay as I go than feel like I'm being forced to drink.

I tried taking a picture but I couldn't get it where it was nice enough to read so I will type out the whole card that we received while purchasing the CHEERS program

WHAT"S INCLUDED?

Here are the program's details (yep, that means 'program guideline'!) about our awesome nre bar program-- CHEERS!

. With the purchase of this program, you will enjoy the ease and convenience of paying one flat price for your spirited beverages (yep, that's with alcohol!) all cruise long! AT ONLY $42.95* per day, this program is an amazing value!

. smiply use your newly-stickered Sail & Sign Card and you're ready to enjoy!

*Prices are per day; gratuities not included.

BEVERAGES INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAM ARE:

. All spirits (including cocktails) as well as beer and wine by the glass with a $10.00 or lower menu price.

. Sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

.25% discount off the menu price for bottled wated.

.25% discount off the menu price for any spirit or wine above $10.00 per drink.

. 25% discount off the menu price for wine or champagne by the bottle.

BEVERAGES EXCLUDED FROM THE PROGRAM ARE:

. Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

. Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

. Bottles of liquor.

. Bottled water ((offered at a 25% discount).

. Beverages offered at gangway while debarking.

. Beerages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

. Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes, and buckets.

. Wine and champange by the bottle (offered at a 25% discount).

. All spirits and wine above $10.00 per drink. (offered at a 25% discount).

. beverages offered through enomatic wine machines.

. Coffee beverages and food items.

. All other beverages- related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

THE FOLLOWING RESTRICTIONS APPLY.

. Must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.

. Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

. Only one drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted.

. Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the gurst folio when this program is used withinn US waters.

. Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason.

. Program is non-refundable.

Thank you for taking the time to type all this out.

There is NO mention of "15 drinks" anywhere..so, I don't see why it's still an issue.

There is NO mention of "15 drinks" anywhere..so, I don't see why it's still an issue.

I would assume its the second to the last line

Being a bartender for 20 years the laws differ from state to state but I can refuse service for any reason.For example if I think they are intoxicated I can refuse to serve them (I also am held responsible if I serve someone and they fall and have an injury ,I can be sued personally)

Because my husband asked me to try it & I did. It was still fun but we wanted to see if it was worth the price for us & it wasn't.

Fair enough! We may very well feel the same way, but I think it will be an interesting experiment.

There is a 15 drink limit on the free card. After that they will charge your sail and sign card.

Yep, I'm hoping they have all this ironed out soon. If someone is not falling down drunk, and there is no reason to suspect drink-sharing, there should be no limit at all.

Here again the comment from JOHN HEALD

John Heald ;; as you will have read above there is no limit but at 15 drinks the bar tender is alerted and a manager will make sure you are OK to continue to e served.....this of course for your own safety. So no limit is the simple answer to your question. cheers

Here again the comment from JOHN HEALD

Thats absurd and I cannot believe a spokesman for a company would write this.The bartender is responsible all the time and should have the proper training to see when someone needs to be flagged and not need to get a manager to make that decision.The 100 pound lady who drinkis like a fish and the 300 pound man who takes prescription meds have a different tolerance level

Edited by mikel24m

Thats absurd and I cannot believe a spokesman for a company would write this.The bartender is responsible all the time and should have the proper training to see when someone needs to be flagged and not need to get a manager to make that decision.The 100 pound lady who drinkis like a fish and the 300 pound man who takes prescription meds have a different tolerance level

I have seen bartenders alert their managers on several occassions in the States. I would think the manager makes the final decision. Takes the heat of the bartender.

Edited by gfy012