Slower to the fun

Ilovesailaway

Where is the like button? I buy FTTF for every cruise.. And will continue to do so. I'm ready to take it to Judge Judy if necessary...LOL

People should stop directing their wrath over FTTF at the people who buy it; instead, they should complain directly to Carnival. Implying that people who opt to buy it are somehow snobs or stupid is childish and rude. There are dozens of reasons why someone might want to consider FTTF, and they don't have to justify it to anyone.

I bought it for our last cruise on the SPLENDOR just this past November. Not because I wanted to get on before anyone else – I couldn't care less – but because we were traveling with my brother, who is a bad diabetic with severe nerve damage to his legs and feet. He can't stand for a long period of time, and I didn't want to risk getting to the pier and having him stand there for an hour or so. I'm not saying this to justify getting it, but just as an example.

If people want to buy FTTF, fine. If they don't, perfect. If Plat and Diamond people have a problem with it, tell it to the judge...but stop trying to make the people who get it feel bad or stupid.

Edited by awhcruiser

Not interested in spending the $ for FTTF. Also not a big fan of long lines. We usually get to port about 11 and wait with the herd. Anyone have experience showing up in the afternoon after the crowds? We will be on the Breeze out of Miami this summer.

Pre FTTF, as VIP, and our first VIP experience, we actually got on the ship AFTER the people that were in line behing us that were not VIP.

But one time I got to the port about 3:30, and walked onto the ship. Everyone was already on board.

FTTF is a great marketing tool from Carnival. Who benefits from it.

ME and all other Carnival Stock Holders. Thanks you for paying the extra $50 to get on the ship a few minutes early. Folks like you makes sure we (stock holders) continue to receive our $.25 per share dividend every quarter. Do the math most CCL stock holders own at least 100 shares that is $100 per year income plus we get a on board credit on each cruise.

Keep on paying for the FTTF, I need the dividend and obc to help pay for cruises and offset on board expenses.

I never paid for FTTF it was not available before I became plantinum if it had I would not have spent the money to get on the ship a few minutes early, I would have used the $50 I saved getting on a few minutes later to cover tips etc while on the ship enjoying myself.

It all perspective. If I drop a quarter in a storm drain, I am not going to get on my hands an knees to dig it out. My time, energy and health is worth more then the quarter lying in a grate. If I were homeless, I would dig around for an hour to get that quarter.

I do not need an extra $50 "to cover tips". If I want to board 5 minutes early, have my cabin ready, get my luggage 30 seconds early, priority tendering and getting off the ship, or just want to spend 50 bucks to piss off the "elite diamonds", then that is what I will spend my $50.00 on.

Edited by Tutankhamen

People should stop directing their wrath over FTTF at the people who buy it; instead, they should complain directly to Carnival. Implying that people who opt to buy it are somehow snobs or stupid is childish and rude. There are dozens of reasons why someone might want to consider FTTF, and they don't have to justify it to anyone.

I bought it for our last cruise on the SPLENDOR just this past November. Not because I wanted to get on before anyone else – I couldn't care less – but because we were traveling with my brother, who is a bad diabetic with severe nerve damage to his legs and feet. He can't stand for a long period of time, and I didn't want to risk getting to the pier and having him stand there for an hour or so. I'm not saying this to justify getting it, but just as an example.

If people want to buy FTTF, fine. If they don't, perfect. If Plat and Diamond people have a problem with it, tell it to the judge...but stop trying to make the people who get it feel bad or stupid.

Good stuff!!!

It all perspective. If I drop a quarter in a storm drain, I am not going to get on my hands an knees to dig it out. My time, energy and health is worth more then the quarter lying in a grate. If I were homeless, I would dig around for an hour to get that quarter.

I do not need an extra $50 "to cover tips". If I want to board 5 minutes early, have my cabin ready, get my luggage 30 seconds early, priority tendering and getting off the ship, or just want to spend 50 bucks to piss off the "elite diamonds", then that is what I will spend my $50.00 on.

I really like the way you roll!!! Couldn't agree more:)

Our FTTF was purchased for the Thanksgiving cruise because I was boarding with my 7 year old child by myself and was loaded like a pack mule! I wanted to drop all that stuff off and keep it moving.

It was worth its weight in gold when the pride returned to Bmore several hours late and debarkation was VERY delayed. FTTF folks were allowed to be the first off the ship if they carried their own things with Diamond/Platinum guests or Zone 1 if they checked bags.

For me it was money well spent.

For our next cruise I purchased it for both of the rooms we have and with the tender ports I anticipate it being very worthwhile.

To each their own.

Most people? Not many get FTTF and the only benefit is not to board early. I always go to the port early and get on the ship early, but it is nice to get to the room and drop your stuff off. And there are some other benefits. Sorry you are so hard up that you can't afford $50.

Not sure if you meant that statement the way it reads, but if so, that is a really nasty thing to say:rolleyes:.

We always board around 11:30 or Noon and drop off our bags in our cabin, then grab a bite to eat - without having to shell out $50 for FTTF.

As for priority tendering, we needed to get off the ship and meet our private excursion. I told the person managing the numbers that I couldn't wait too long to get off the ship because of it, so they allowed us to get off without having to wait.

These perks have been free, why are people giving $50 away to Carnival?

Well, for some of us, we like abiding by the rules and by your first sentence, I can tell you don't. Unless you are Plat/Dia, the only way you are supposed to go to your cabin before 1:30 is to be FTTF. Then there is the priority boarding, the priority GS line, the priority tendering, and the priority disembarkation and all those things for $50 for everyone in the cabin makes it a good deal to me. It may not make a hill of beans to you and that's fine as well. So if you're happy with breaking the rules and don't care about wait times, don't spend the money. It's all up to you just as it's all up to me as to whether I do or not.

Edited by Out to sea!

Maybe not but what about common courtesy? Sadly it's lacking these days.

Agree. BTW, there is a sign posted right there on those heavy fire doors that you have to open. It says FTTP, Platinum, Diamond guests only past this point....so technically it is in writing ;) I guess ibcnusoon missed it.

You are not supposed to drop you bags off in your cabin prior to them opening up the decks for passenger access.

Edited by Rena921

I always go to the pier around 1:30 and in no time I'm in my cabin!!

I just don't have the urge to be the first one on the ship. What difference does it make 2 hours earlier or later?

I have always said that FTTF is a rip off. But some people think it's worth to spend that money...

To reiterate, FTTF is not a rip off. You get exactly what you pay for. To be a rip off, you have to be promised something that you did not receive. It may be an experience that you do not wish to participate in but just because you don't like the program in no way makes it a rip off.

Its a robbery without a gun!!:eek:

Now how ridiculous of a statement is this? Utter nonsense. A robbery is something taken against one's will.......who has ever been FORCED to purchase FTTF? You don't like it, fine. Hardly robbery and a rather childish statement to attempt to make.

Edited by Out to sea!

I've never been on carnival. Our first cruise is in May. I've cruised DCL, NCCL, and RCCL in the past. As I'm sure you can see from my signature :)

I use CC a lot prior to a cruise; mostly visiting the Roll Call or the specific Cruise line boards. Given that fact I have never really participated in a carnival thread. My only interaction with Carnival forums,of any kind, are on John Heald's FB page. Love him. And the people I've interacted with there.

I have been visiting the carnival forums now for a couple of

Months getting prepared for our first CCL vaca!

My time spent on these boards has made me a little apprehensive . Why?? Well there seems to be more angry cruisers on these boards than I'm used to seeing on the other boards. :(. Well they seem angry based on snide, mean, rude, or whatever term you want to give to the type of comments I see on some of these threads. Not saying this one in particular is that bad.... Just got me to thinking about it and so I posted here!

Having said that.... I've read a few threads lately about FTTF and have noticed the anger it causes in some people.

I bought the FTTF (for our cruise in May) for one reason... I felt it was a small amount to pay for the convenience of being able to drop my carry ons in the room when we board. That's it. I'm not looking to trample or shove anyone out of their place in line. I do not think I'm elite or special (although my mom does )

I am not a rude or presumptuous person. And I try to be very open minded and fair. I'm sad that I now feel as though I better hide my card from view of others, or risk the wrath of the experienced carnival cruiser with an axe to grind over the FTTF program.

I truly hope this doesn't come across as rude or mean spirited.... Because that's not my intention. I'm just saddened to be running into flame type comments so often on these boards.

Oh and all you cruisers who offer constructive replies and encouragement to others... You are the reason I keep reading!! Fortunately, at the end of the day, I see a lot of nice people here!

So..... On May 2nd if you are boarding the Sunshine in Port Canaveral and see a somewhat tall blonde (I know great description) being accosted because of her FTTF status.... I'm looking to YOU, kind Carnival cruisers, to come to my rescue!! Lol.

You all have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great post! I feel the same way you do. We bought FTTF. This is our first cruise. We bought it so we could drop off our bags to our room, and also because we have a fairly early flight to Houston, and we're hoping to board as early as possible. I too feel like I need to keep my FTTF status under wraps, for fear of ticking off a grumpy platinum cruiser. I honestly don't see the big deal, and certainly I don't see how it warrants the anger I've seen on these boards over the issue! I'm glad I was blessed with my late father's laid-back, go-with-the-flow, don't-get-my-feathers-ruffled-easily personality! It makes life so much more enjoyable! :)

Bingo! :)

This is a great post! I feel the same way you do. We bought FTTF. This is our first cruise. We bought it so we could drop off our bags to our room, and also because we have a fairly early flight to Houston, and we're hoping to board as early as possible. I too feel like I need to keep my FTTF status under wraps, for fear of ticking off a grumpy platinum cruiser. I honestly don't see the big deal, and certainly I don't see how it warrants the anger I've seen on these boards over the issue! I'm glad I was blessed with my late father's laid-back, go-with-the-flow, don't-get-my-feathers-ruffled-easily personality! It makes life so much more enjoyable! :)

I really almost never see these grumpy cruisers on the ship, maybe they are too busy in the internet café posting negative things here??:eek: You will have a great time and don't worry about flashing your FTTF. Remember, these boards only represent a very small portion of the cruisers out there.

You people are funny!

Hey! I have 100 shares too.

FTMF (Faster to MY Fun).

CCL Corp trading at $40.87 right now. Got in at $33.65.

CCL closed at a 52 week high again. $41.25

They are obviously doing something right. We paid about $30 a share a few years ago and we enjoy the onboard credit for being a stockholder as well as the dividend.

There's more to FTTF than getting on first. You also get off first. That's a big deal if you're in a time crunch to get home. Another Platinum perk is free laundry and the Captain's Party with free drinks. We've never paid for FTTF because we're Platinum but I can tell you that other passengers say it's definitely worth it. Your choice.

They don't enforce rules. I always drop my bags off first, without making a $50 donation.

This is one of the many problems with society. If rules/laws are not enforced and people feel as tho they can get away with something.....they will do it.

Its no longer good enough to have a rule, it has to be enforced and have repercussions for the rules to be followed.

Edited by Tutankhamen

At the end of the day its how you wish to spend your vacation budget, 50$ on fttf or 50$ on drinks or photo,s etc. I do not deride folk who spend their money on photos so do not deride me because I wish to spend my money on fttp.

and burn it away so dont complain about those who wish to burn their vacation budget on fppt.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Forums mobile app

At the end of the day its how you wish to spend your vacation budget, 50$ on fttf or 50$ on drinks or photo,s etc. I do not deride folk who spend their money on photos so do not deride me because I wish to spend my money on fttp.

and burn it away so dont complain about those who wish to burn their vacation budget on fppt.

Typo at the meant to delete that