Food Recommendations

Hi all, I'd like to hear from folks about favorite onboard food items. MDR, buffet, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service ($7.95, I know), snacks, whatever. We will be embarking on our third RCL cruise soon. Celebrity has been our favored line in the past and the Celebrity boards are always full of "don't miss" food recommendations. I can't seem to find that level of "food enthusiasm" here on the RCL board. I can't believe the food is "bad." Surely there are some favorites...BESIDES the roast beef sandwich?

Hi all, I'd like to hear from folks about favorite onboard food items. MDR, buffet, drinks, breakfast, lunch, dinner, room service ($7.95, I know), snacks, whatever. We will be embarking on our third RCL cruise soon. Celebrity has been our favored line in the past and the Celebrity boards are always full of "don't miss" food recommendations. I can't seem to find that level of "food enthusiasm" here on the RCL board. I can't believe the food is "bad." Surely there are some favorites...BESIDES the roast beef sandwich?

Similar recent threads on the subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2426982

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2410197

Love the chilled soups in the MDR. Also you have to try the molten chocolate cake or something of the other, like warm chocolate melting cake on Carnival but in my opinion better.

Also I LOVED the smoked fish rilettes!

And I don't think the food is bad. It's pretty good, but it may depend on the ship as on my most recent cruise on Navigator the food was very very good versus mediocre on Enchantment two years ago, even with the same menus.

Edit: prime rib is also good, but it may be better to me than it is because it's always something I order on the first night of a cruise and it's kind of a tradition.

Sent from Tapatalk

MDR, the prime rib was good. Husband love the lamb shank!! The only item we heard from our table there was a issue with was the chicken being dry.

Salmon was good, as most of the seafood we had. Lobster a bit dry, other than that entree's were good.

Hope this helps. We were on the FOS Mar 4th. Starters, we all ordered a green and a soup of some sort and they were all fun to try. Ate pretty much everything.

The only thing I can think of that wasn't liked very much was the battered cod and seafood the last night.