Chianti vs Bolgheri Wine Tasting Tours

jfer8580

Hi,

I will be traveling to the area next May on the Reflection and have been researching wine tasting tours from La Spezia. Not being a wine guy, I am not sure if one is better than the other. I have found a couple, one is to Chianti region by Prestige Rent and the other Bolgheri region by Rome in limo. I'm wondering if it is better to pick by region or by tour company or if there is a lot of difference either way. Any input on this would be much appreciated .

Well... pretty hard to say, as we know nothing about you, and about your research. We can say from our personal experience that Rome in Limo's chianti tour is really nice, and they will customize to assist your desires. We can personally, easily, recommend Rome in Limo.

Well... pretty hard to say, as we know nothing about you, and about your research. We can say from our personal experience that Rome in Limo's chianti tour is really nice, and they will customize to assist your desires. We can personally, easily, recommend Rome in Limo.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you really need to know anything about me except that I know nothing about wine. Ha. It isn't really a question about if it is right for me. I was wondering if either of the two regions I mentioned was better than the other one. Same goes for the tour company. They are about the same price and are offering pretty much the same type of trip so I figured I'd ask if one was better than the other. Rome in limo gets a lot more ink than prestige rent.

Hi,

I will be traveling to the area next May on the Reflection and have been researching wine tasting tours from La Spezia. Not being a wine guy, I am not sure if one is better than the other. I have found a couple, one is to Chianti region by Prestige Rent and the other Bolgheri region by Rome in limo. I'm wondering if it is better to pick by region or by tour company or if there is a lot of difference either way. Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Bolgheri is in Tuscan Maremma area which is much closer to La Spezia then Chianti, wine is amazing in all that area if you are a wine lover which doesn't necessarily means you should be an expert!

You only need find the best winery where you can do a wine tasting and have a great lunch.

Have fun planning :)

If you’re not really a wine guy, I would suggest NOT taking a tour that does wine tastings at several wineries. Find a tour that walks you through the wine making process. One that shows you the vineyards, processing area, cellar and ends with tastings.

My DW who’s not a wine drinker found it very educational and have started to try some whites.

We’ve done this type of tour in Valpolicella, Napa, Oregon, Washington and BC and enjoyed every one of them.

A weeks stay in a Tuscany winery b&b is on my bucket list.

If you’re not really a wine guy, I would suggest NOT taking a tour that does wine tastings at several wineries. Find a tour that walks you through the wine making process. One that shows you the vineyards, processing area, cellar and ends with tastings.

My DW who’s not a wine drinker found it very educational and have started to try some whites.

We’ve done this type of tour in Valpolicella, Napa, Oregon, Washington and BC and enjoyed every one of them.

A weeks stay in a Tuscany winery b&b is on my bucket list.

That's not a bad idea, I can compare it to my Grandmothers wine making from many years ago. Thanks.

Bolgheri is in Tuscan Maremma area which is much closer to La Spezia then Chianti, wine is amazing in all that area if you are a wine lover which doesn't necessarily means you should be an expert!

You only need find the best winery where you can do a wine tasting and have a great lunch.

Have fun planning :)

Thanks, if we do go with one of these, I think the closer one wins......less time traveling is always better!!