*Live* Oasis of the Seas 11/17-11/26

LG123

Fantastic start , LG. Hope you are enjoying the cruise so much you forget to come back here until you return:D:rolleyes:

Sad to here the Radisson isn't what it used to be. And thanks for the info on check in. 60 days til our Oasis. My first RCL cruise, but DW has been on the Independence of the Seas in the Ben and Jerry Cow Suite and thinks she knows it all:D:eek:

Since your changed itinerary is the same as ours, looking forward to thoughts on ports. Been to Coz many times but not since the redo of the International Pier.

We've stayed at the Radisson 7 times in the last 12 years and I'm not sure what the OP is talking about. We were there a few weeks ago the night before we boarded Oasis. I was expecting a sleep number bed (we sleep on one at home), but our room had a new mattress and it wasn't a sleep number one. The Radisson was fine and I didn't see anything that needed updating. It was in good shape. We had dinner at Grills (with friends who live in Cocoa) because of our late arrival and I thought the food was bad. The drinks weren't very good either. Grills does well because of where it is. We did get to watch a HAL ship leave from our table inside. We came back to the Radisson and had drinks with friends who traveled with us. We had breakfast at the Radisson which was decent and went to the port to board Oasis around 10. Dropping luggage was the slowest part of the process and the fact traffic crosses each other just makes it worse,

Day 2 - At Sea

The first full day always starts early for me. I like to get up and wander around the ship when it is still quiet. I got up around 7:30 and went to the diamond lounge. There were only a few people in there. The continental breakfast is nice. I grabbed some fruit and headed to Central Park. I sat at a table next to the Trellis Bar and got some blogging done. After that I took a walk through the Boardwalk and the Promenade. We grabbed Starbucks and ate breakfast at Johnny Rockets, which is always our favorite.

b6edaee9a42761aeef60e1627e2bb981.jpg

After breakfast we found some chairs in the Solarium. We only stayed for about an hour because it was really hot. The rest of the day consisted of wandering around the ship, snacking and drinking.

eb9a27ab78679b12e0c6482ee87bf843.jpg

I was lucky enough to get a nap in before getting ready for formal night. We have the photo package so we made sure we took lots of formal photos. After dinner we went to Bolaros for the Majority Rules game show. One thing we have noticed about this cruise is that the trivia and game shows are in venues that are way too small for the crowd. All of the trivia's we have attended have been standing room only and very crowded. This continued throughout the rest of the week so we didn't go to as many trivia's as we had planned.

45469dfa5cddc94311b4d4ad92393857.jpg

We ended the night at Blaze which is always fun for some dancing and people watching.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day 3 - Cozumel

DH and DS left the cabin early for their snorkeling excursion. DD and I had breakfast and Johnny Rockets again went back to the cabin so I could blog and she could get some homework done.

75b0411d1b09006036d08035f1a677e8.jpg

As we were leaving he ship we saw them starting to get the Christmas decorations out.

8e635cd3dcd9b1c4b5e433f207241b54.jpg

We left the ship around noon and wandered around the port doing a little shopping. We were supposed to meet the rest of our group at Senior Frogs for lunch but found out the one closest to the port had closed down. We ended up eating at Margaritaville.

f13b278661ea5fb3a6d0877127047648.jpg

Back on the ship they already had the big tree up.

8395e809ecc6da446bd3435d50b4f0b8.jpg

We got back on the ship around 3, grabbed a snack and relaxed in our cabins until it was time to get ready for dinner. We managed to lose track of time at dinner ended up staying there for 2 hours! After dinner we had reservations for the adult comedy. The comedians were the same as when we were on the Oasis in May 2016. Not sure if they are still on the ship or just happened to be back again. They were very funny. After the comedy show we went to the Rising Tide Bar. This is where we found our favorite bar staff. LaMarsha from Jamaica and Robert from Croatia are amazing! We rode up and down for an hour until the bar closed. We left that bar and went to the Solarium for the Malibu Party. By this time it was very late so we headed to bed.

290c249b0c31a62954d345062f846bb1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loving the review! I noticed that you’re from Prior Lake, and have a daughter at UMN - small world! I live in Woodbury (east metro area) and am a commuter student in my freshman year at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, majoring in accounting, where many of my classmates come from your hometown. I also have friends at UMN who love it there. It is so great to read a review from a fellow Minnesotan!

I have not been on Oasis since 2014, but have been on both of her sister ships since then and love everything about the class, and your review brings back so many wonderful memories. Sidenote - I just saw you on the Royal Caribbean Snapchat story, and immediately recognized you from the review!

I hope you have had a wonderful cruise, and safe travels home tomorrow - weather here has been fairly mild, but I couldn’t imagine coming back to this from the Caribbean! Also, congratulations on being 5 years cancer-free! I have an aunt who recently beat endometrial cancer once and for all, a grandmother currently suffering from breast cancer but with a good prognosis, and a beloved high school teacher who battled breast cancer, and has now been 2 years cancer-free among tremendous support from her colleagues and students such as myself and my (now former) classmates. The key is to stay strong, and I wish you all the best. Thanks again for a great review, I can’t wait to read more. Excellent job!

Edited by CreativeCruiser119