Rome In Limo - Continuation of Previous Thread, Community Guidelines Apply

palermo22

We were a party of 7 who used Rome in Limo for tours in bothFlorence and Rome. Both days we had a wonderful experience. We were in both cities from a cruise ship sotime was limited but our guides made sure we had the best experiences. They were waiting for us as we got off theship and made sure we were back in time to board. They were knowledgeable, flexible and verypersonable. We would definitely use Romein Limo for future trips. A specialthanks to Simona for showing us Florence and Maurizio for showing us Rome. We had a great time.

My step-daughter and I also used Rome in Limo for tours to Pompeii/Amalfi coast, Rome, and Florence/Pisa while on a cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas 10/28 sailing out of Venice.

This was our first cruise in Europe, and Rome in Limo made it very easy through their tour sharing website to book the tours and then find folks on our roll call who wanted to join us. There were 8 of us total for each tour, and our drivers were nothing short of remarkable - Alex for Pompeii/Amalfi coast, Vinny for Rome, and Simona for Florence/Pisa! We can't say enough wonderful things about the efficiency, friendliness and knowledge of all of these wonderful RIL drivers, and they truly made each tour memorable for our entire group!

Special call out to our private guide for the Vatican, Francesca - she was worth every cent, as we never would have been able to see as much as we did without her. She was waiting for us when Vinny dropped us off, she navigated us through the crowds expertly and provided great information along the way - absolutely enabled us to maximize our short time there.

We used Rome in Limo (RIL) to transport us from the airport to the port (Civitavecchia ) for our 6 Nov. 2017 TA cruise on the Jewel of the Seas. We have used RIL many times for transfers, as well as tours in many Italian cities. They are always timely in responses to emails and the drivers are great!

• 2 weeks later...
“Corleone House in Messina”

Alex picked us up at the pier and we went first to see the Estate where the last Godfather was filmed. The owner was so gracious and welcoming. We were stunned to actually get invited inside. It is so worth a visit.

We saw much of the countryside after and ended in Taormina for a fabulous lunch. Don’t miss the wine from Sicily...delicious. I had one problem with Alex...he bought us a huge box of cannoli and I HAD to eat some....unbelievable. There went my diet! Worth every calorie. Romeinlimo has yet to disappoint.

• corleone-house-castello.jpg
  • the-proud-owner-and-his.jpg

Would LOVE to read more about your day out of Messina Alice PLEASE :D

Would be happy to answer any questions.

I have done several tours from Messina with RIL....to Mt. Etna, the “Godfather Tour” and this tour

Thank you, Alice, I was wondering if you have done any wine tasting out of Messina and if the Corleone house worth the trip?

We have used RIL for many years and although they were unable to accommodate us on our recent trip in 10-2017, they were able to provide fantastic airport transfer and Jany recommended other tour companies to provide our private tours. Who else would refer you to the competition? I'll tell you, the smart business that recognizes loyalty to the brand and wants you to come back to them in the future.

Thanks again Jany!:D

• 2 weeks later...
We are 6 of us and are considering RIL tour from Naples that includes Sorrento, Pompeii and Capri. Has anyone done that tour? I know 10 hours is a long day, but since we'll be with our children, we really want them to have the full experience. What do people think? Good tour? Too crazy? We'll be in Naples 7 am to 8 pm.

TIA

You have an ambitious plan. I would go with romeinlimo and eliminate Capri. Too much.

We are 6 of us and are considering RIL tour from Naples that includes Sorrento, Pompeii and Capri. Has anyone done that tour? I know 10 hours is a long day, but since we'll be with our children, we really want them to have the full experience. What do people think? Good tour? Too crazy? We'll be in Naples 7 am to 8 pm.

TIA

Do one or the other. Either go to Capri or go to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Both are very full days, trying to do it all will ensure you do not get the full experience as you will spend most of your time trying to get to the next stop. My sons and I did Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano in 2013 and we did Capri in 2016. Both were very full days.

• 2 weeks later...
Do one or the other. Either go to Capri or go to Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast. Both are very full days, trying to do it all will ensure you do not get the full experience as you will spend most of your time trying to get to the next stop. My sons and I did Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano in 2013 and we did Capri in 2016. Both were very full days.

Yes, agree with you. We did Pompeii and Sorrento/Positano with RIL and it was a fun day but very full. I wouldn't have wanted to add Capri to it too. RIL picked us up first thing in Naples and we were among the 1st to enter Pompeii that day with a guide through RIL. It was amazing. The rest of the day we spent on the Amalfi Coast, including lunch at a seaside restaurant recommended by RIL that was wonderful. Enjoy, whatever you decide to do.

Is there any place to advertise RIL tour for sharing other than in roll call?

We go in April and most in our roll call have been before and are doing something else. TIA

Go to the board for the cruise line involved. Start a thread, and ask anybody on that cruise that wants to join a private tour group in Rome on ________ (enter date), to come join the Roll Call, and provide the link to the Roll Call.

Also, check Rome in Limo's website for their share feature.

Go to the board for the cruise line involved. Start a thread, and ask anybody on that cruise that wants to join a private tour group in Rome on ________ (enter date), to come join the Roll Call, and provide the link to the Roll Call.

Also, check Rome in Limo's website for their share feature.

The roll call for my cruise is very small, only 10 people. Have you ever used Rome in Limos tour sharing feature?

Is there any place to advertise RIL tour for sharing other than in roll call?

We go in April and most in our roll call have been before and are doing something else. TIA

I would highly recommend you to use also your FaceBook page to find others and share your excursions, their sharing site is also on FaceBook ;p

https://www.facebook.com/SharingToursInItaly/

Hi ... We are also considering RIL for this trip .. would you happen to remember what were their charges for the guide for Pompeii ?

We used RomeinLimo for our day trip to Naples/Sorrento/Positano. Our guide was Alex & he was fantastic! We halos had a great guide through Pompeii Luciano who was friendly & knowledgeable. Alex was a great driver esp as I had motion sickness. We asked him to choose an authentic Italian family restaurant for our lunch. I would thoroughly recommend this company

Hi .. was it comfortable traveling with 8 adults in the van for these tours or was it a bit tight as RIL suggest keeping it to 6 in the van ideally ?

My step-daughter and I also used Rome in Limo for tours to Pompeii/Amalfi coast, Rome, and Florence/Pisa while on a cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas 10/28 sailing out of Venice.

This was our first cruise in Europe, and Rome in Limo made it very easy through their tour sharing website to book the tours and then find folks on our roll call who wanted to join us. There were 8 of us total for each tour, and our drivers were nothing short of remarkable - Alex for Pompeii/Amalfi coast, Vinny for Rome, and Simona for Florence/Pisa! We can't say enough wonderful things about the efficiency, friendliness and knowledge of all of these wonderful RIL drivers, and they truly made each tour memorable for our entire group!

Special call out to our private guide for the Vatican, Francesca - she was worth every cent, as we never would have been able to see as much as we did without her. She was waiting for us when Vinny dropped us off, she navigated us through the crowds expertly and provided great information along the way - absolutely enabled us to maximize our short time there.

We've travelled in both the 8 and 6 passenger and found the 6 passenger more comfortable. And the ride to Pompeii is not short so being comfortable is better. You'll be doing some walking when you get there so you want to be rested. Great place to visit. We've used RIL several times and will use them again when we get back to Italy. Have a great trip.

We've travelled in both the 8 and 6 passenger and found the 6 passenger more comfortable. And the ride to Pompeii is not short so being comfortable is better. You'll be doing some walking when you get there so you want to be rested. Great place to visit. We've used RIL several times and will use them again when we get back to Italy. Have a great trip.

Thanks ... will then maybe just go with 6 of us in the van as you suggest. Have booked tours with them in Rome and Livorno as well as in Pompeii.

My vote is also Pompeii and Sorrento Amalfi via Romeinlimo, not Capri. That’s too hard of a day especially dealing with the times of the ferry. We’ve been in each of their vehicles, you cannot go wrong with their vehicle size recommendations. We had them quite a few times from Naples, just used them last year in Rome for 2 roots tours, Rome by night, etc, and just booked April for Rome, Messina and Naples. Years of business and all services superb