Packing cube recommendations?

I think one of the best features of using the cubes is that the individual cubes can be packed before the "last minute". Then it's easy to just put the cubes in the suitcases before leaving. I used to end up packing clothes "last minute" and I would lose time when I needed to be leaving.

I do feel like I can pack more clothes in less space. The compression cubes from Eagle Creek are good for pajamas, jeans, fleece jacket, etc. I used several cubes when packing for Alaska. I don't think I could have done 2 weeks of packing and traveling without the cubes.

Cubes make life easier!

Patti

We use them. I don’t care if they take up more space because frankly we hit the 50 lb weight limit long before space.

I really like them for focused packing. For example, we stay over night by port before cruising. I put all our pjs in a cube and our embarkation clothing. That way I don’t dig around in the cases before getting on the cruise. I do the same for our flight home clothes.

I love packing cubes for the reasons a few others mentioned - keeps my things a bit more organized, lets us keep track of three people's clothes in two suitcases, and you can get a surprising amount in. Plus so much more tidy in the suitcase. I've bought all of ours from Mountain Equipment Coop (mec.ca) in Canada. Checked REI just now and they have lots too, although MEC is cheaper at a quick glance.

I have also used Ziploc bags for years pros and they're pretty effective too, packing cubes are prettier and hold a bit more is all the difference I can think of. [emoji1]

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Re: the large cubes being less useful than the others... I use the large cube for items that I am going to hang up. I take the full cube to the closet area and hang the clothing without running back and forth to the suitcase. Less bumping into each other in the limited floor space.

I bought the cheap JJ Power Lightweight ones from Amazon. Haven't used them a ton, so can't speak to the durability, but I felt like I got the most sizes for the cost. I originally got a set for both my husband and I for the cruise, but ended up getting to try them out for a weekend at my in-laws. I normally just take a duffle bag for a long weekend, and after that, I was sold! It's so much more organized. It appears that I'm one of the few that like the large size, though I admit I use the other sizes more. The large one I used for jeans, sweaters, and on the cruise, I was able to fold my sun dresses in 3rds. I LOVED being able to separate my packing by type of clothing and use. Swim suits/cover ups, under things and socks, gym clothes and sweats, jeans and sweaters, etc. Our next cruise we will have to fly, so definitely going to use the idea of having our outfits for the next day in a separate cube. Even if I'm not technically able to pack more, it sure feels like it because all the cubes fit together like tetris, leaving an obvious spot for my hair dryer and douche kit.

I have ebags as well as different companies, just depends on the price.

I can tell you I iron all my clothes prior to a trip and pack in cubes (EVERYTHING) goes in a cube, even shoes, and I NEVER have wrinkles. I am leaving for a cruise in two weeks and packed six weeks ago and everything is in the cubes in the luggage and ready to go. I will not have any wrinkles and LOVE my cubes!

I am a huge fan of packing cubes and have been using them for years. I first bought them when we were using the duffel bag type of luggage, and the cubes kept everything from shifting when we were wheeling the duffel bags. But the real value is how neat and organized everything is, and wrinkle-free. They are most effective if you will be traveling around to different locations and need to keep organized, rather than rifling through your suitcases and everything becoming a mess each time you reach your next destination. I got mine from ebags.com and have three sets: sm/med/lg size each for DH and me, and one set of large.

https://www.ebags.com/category/travel-accessories/packing-aids/packing-cubes/b/ebags?sourceid=ADWBRAND&gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MbMDW2H0_BUa7ohpN1w-tZFXkhBKhAvXqtY7D_a95jc7kEav-2K3MQaAmWAEALw_wcB

I am sold on packing cubes after using them last year during a trip to 3 hotels. We were able to pack each person's clothes for each stay separately, then pull out only that packing cube, wear, repack and move on. I don't know that it helps with getting more "in" the suitcase, but it is certainly more organized which I love. Now for my DD, if you have a youngin, I think it is much better to use gallon ziplocs with 1 day of clothes (all pieces) packed in it. Sit on it and remove all air, then it is very compact and organized so they can see each daily choice.

The packing cubes we use are from MOC (amazon). I liked them because they came with 4 sizes. The smaller ones are used for undergarments or child usually. Link below to the ones we bought.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MDJCOQR/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We’ve been using Pro Packing Cubes which I got from Amazon. They have various sizes but I prefer the medium and small, although the bigger ones are good if you meed to bring winter clotging or snorkeling gear.

We’re a family of four, so it’s pretty challenging to fit everything for longer trips, especially if you’re going to be facing different climates during one. They are so helpful in keeping our suitcases, hotel rooms and staterooms in order!

https://propackingcubes.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, I don't get the fact how some people say you get more in your bags, thats impossible because you loose space for each cube that goes into your suitcase, it takes up space too. :confused:

Understood, but it sure feels like we do and if that keeps my wife happy it's worth it.

Love packing cubes! They definitely save space and help prevent wrinkles. When we have an overnight before cruise or extended hotel check in, I pack one with our clothes to wear the next day. Less to unpack and rearrange. They also fit nicely in cabin drawers.

I bought mine through eBags when on sale, but also found them discounted at TJ Maxx

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can I tell my DH that they are “Vikings Creek” cubes? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read a lady used different colors to separate items of clothing. I also feel that I can get more in the packing cubes then laying them down in the suitcase then as earlier mentioned, you only need to take out the one cube or two that you need clothing from and not disrupt the rest of the suitcase.

I read a lady used different colors to separate items of clothing.

That could be my wife. This cruise she is experimenting with one cube per day. I get 4 cubes - underwear, shirts, shorts, slacks. It works ok, then she get the other suitcase and a half. That's normal, isn't it? :D