Choice Air

macaroni

If flights are available through the airline you can call Choice Air and most likely book them. While

I use Choice Air I can often find better routing options by looking at ITA Matrix. Once I have the routing that I like, Choice Air has always been able to book that same routing.

Be sure to be price aware, unless there is a decent price saving you may want to book with the airline instead.

It is all driven by the airlines. Most airlines open bookings 11 months prior to flight but there are some that open 12 months prior to flight.

If trying to book in-between the 11 and 12 month period you will only see the flights that are open.

I find it advisable to wait until the 11 month mark unless you find a really good rate from the open airlines.

When do Choice Air flights usually open for a cruise? We have a cruise scheduled for next January and the airline flights are open but no Choice Air yet. Thanks!

The major airlines release flights 330/331 days ahead. So for next January flights you'll have to wait until a day or two beyond the same date this February. If booking round trip, you'll have to wait til 330 -ish days prior to your RETURN date. What are your dates of travel and what airline shows them as available? Is it possible that only your departure date has been released by the airlines and not your return date?

The major airlines release flights 330/331 days ahead. So for next January flights you'll have to wait until a day or two beyond the same date this February. If booking round trip, you'll have to wait til 330 -ish days prior to your RETURN date. What are your dates of travel and what airline shows them as available? Is it possible that only your departure date has been released by the airlines and not your return date?

No...both flights are available to purchase from the airlines....it does not show up on choice air yet. I will just call and not do it on the website. Thanks!

I booked my flights for my cruise--Departing on December 19, returning January 5 a couple of weeks ago--On February 12...

The flights actually started showing up on Choice Air a few days before that--right at about 330 days prior to my return flight...Of course, all of the flights weren't showing up the first time I looked...but more flights kept getting added as that week went on...

And, yes, there were--and still are--flights I was able to find on Kayak or other sites that weren't showing up on Choice Air...but that was okay since I was able to find the flight times I really wanted via Choice Air--including nonstops both ways.

When in January is your cruise? If your return flight is late January or early February, just show a little patience...those flights should start popping up soon...

Something I learned along the way: I visit the web site of the airline I want to fly (Lufthansa or KLM) and pick out the flights I want to take, and then call Choice Air. I tell them what I want and they tell me if it's available. I've never been disappointed (but I live in NY and fly out of JFK which has so many options). The big thing for me is that fare for business class is usually almost half of booking with the airline or a consolidator and I get to choose my seat right away.