G&T/Glasses Of Wine/Coffee prices for a European cruise

janny444

Hi...trying to decide if a drink package is worth it for us...I know the drink packages are excellent value but we are not "big" drinkers....a couple of G&Ts ....couple of glasses of red wine and a few coffees a day and that's us. We even have days were we don't bother at all apart from coffees and water. So if I have some idea of prices that could help me decide. Also when buying drinks on-board is there a service charge on top of the stated price on the price list? The cruise would be from Southampton.

There are no drinks packages on P&O which some of the other lines offer like Princess and Celebrity.

The good news is that there is no service charge automatically added onto the cost. You pay the price you see.

Have a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can buy a Costa coffee card (10 coffees) which I believe gives a 10% saving - equivalent to getting a free cup after buying 10 on your card in a High Street branch. Prices comparable to the High Street.

There are wine packages (6 bottles for....) and whilst they do offer savings we find very acceptable wines at reasonable prices so we prefer to buy day by day and try different wines or stick with favourites. We like South American reds and find bottles for under £20 to suit us and there is no service charge added.

Glasses work out very reasonable too - 3 x 250ml usually work out more or less the same as the bottle would though there is a more limited choice of wine by the glass than the wide range bought by the bottle. If you want to drink only half the bottle one evening at dinner they will save the rest for the next evening.

In general drink prices are very reasonable on P&O and from your description of your drinking habit I wouldn't bother with the wine package (no drinks package as such) and perhaps just get coffee cards to suit.

Here is a link to the drinks menus which will give you an idea of what's on offer though no prices however there is a list of example prices for a limited selection of drinks.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

You can buy a Costa coffee card (10 coffees) which I believe gives a 10% saving - equivalent to getting a free cup after buying 10 on your card in a High Street branch. Prices comparable to the High Street.

There are wine packages (6 bottles for....) and whilst they do offer savings we find very acceptable wines at reasonable prices so we prefer to buy day by day and try different wines or stick with favourites. We like South American reds and find bottles for under £20 to suit us and there is no service charge added.

Glasses work out very reasonable too - 3 x 250ml usually work out more or less the same as the bottle would though there is a more limited choice of wine by the glass than the wide range bought by the bottle. If you want to drink only half the bottle one evening at dinner they will save the rest for the next evening.

In general drink prices are very reasonable on P&O and from your description of your drinking habit I wouldn't bother with the wine package (no drinks package as such) and perhaps just get coffee cards to suit.

Here is a link to the drinks menus which will give you an idea of what's on offer though no prices however there is a list of example prices for a limited selection of drinks.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/drink_cost

Nice of you to reply, but the OP has already said she is on a different cruise line.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Nice of you to reply, but the OP has already said she is on a different cruise line.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Yes I did notice as I posted but decided not to delete in case it was of interest to someone else. Her post was timed ten minutes before mine - I was obviously typing my response when she posted and as I'm not that quick it clearly took me longer than the ten minute difference. :o