Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One (two threads comb.)

cltnccruisers

Unfortunately not included in the job listings is a new CIO. Problems that are as chronic as these can almost always be traced to failure of executive management.

This may be an opportunity for someone to shine and ascend to the position, or someone who believes that they can do a better job than those in place now regardless of position.

bon voyage

Oh this sounds like a bad idea on so many levels.....with all the problems RCI had with "updating X web site to make it easier to use" what makes them think that merging passengers from two separate cruise lines into ONE web site would be a good idea? :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

sorry only intended 1 evil smile!

Oh this sounds like a bad idea on so many levels.....with all the problems RCI had with "updating X web site to make it easier to use" what makes them think that merging passengers from two separate cruise lines into ONE web site would be a good idea? :evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

I think the concept is a good one. It's the execution that could be problematic. Ultimately I think the objective is to wind up with a single site for at least RCL and X with maybe Azamara down the road. It will be a huge project and I for one am encouraged by the range of job postings on the RCCL corporate site.

I think the concept is a good one. It's the execution that could be problematic. Ultimately I think the objective is to wind up with a single site for at least RCL and X with maybe Azamara down the road. It will be a huge project and I for one am encouraged by the range of job postings on the RCCL corporate site.

I have no problem with the concept......the problem as you said is the execution....

Thanks for the warning...

As soon as we can, we will download, print and screen shot everything we have for preservation...including Cap Club and Crown Anchor points, in advance of the inevitable mess ups, systemic gremlins etc...

Why don't they fix what they have already have before trying the next level of technology? The continued blending of Celebrity and Royal is disturbing but predictable...we are almost at the end of our ride with X and Royal....

Edited by hcat

As soon as we can, we will download, print and screen shot everything we have for preservation...including Cap Club and Crown Anchor points, in advance of the inevitable mess ups, sytemic gremlins etc...

Why not fix what they have before trying the next level of technology?

Good idea and a good question!!!

As soon as we can, we will download, print and screen shot everything we have for preservation...including Cap Club and Crown Anchor points, in advance of the inevitable mess ups, systemic gremlins etc...

Why don't they fix what they have already messed up before trying to move up to the next level of technology? The continued blending of Celebrity and Royal is disturbing but predictable...we are almost at the end of our ride with X and Royal....

These kind of things can be done in parallel but I'm not sure the existing staff is up to it. But the job postings provided by Bo in #12 give reason to be optimistic I think. Several key positions that seem to have been MIA are there and it's also an indication that they are bringing things in house rather than outsourcing.

Hollywood script writers looking for a new direction could never imagine such a horror story. When they can't even get one of the websites working properly, why would they ever think that it would be a good idea to merge them? :eek:

Hollywood script writers looking for a new direction could never imagine such a horror story. When they can't even get one of the websites working properly, why would they ever think that it would be a good idea to merge them? :eek:

I have to believe the "development" has been done by the same folks. Theoretically that could make it reasonable to take what works from one and what works from the other and build a hybrid. Easy? No. Quick? God I hope not. But I think the new crop of job postings is very encouraging.

So just for fun I logged into the RCL site and was faced with the new login rollout. It's not the sexiest looking page in the world but it did work. I reset my login/password, entered some profile info (it auto-filled some which was good), was informed that I could use the login for RCL and X. I was then able to go to the homepage which looks different but is probably just a content change since I haven't been there for a while.

Then I went to the X site to test since my login IDs were different. Surprisingly, the RCL login worked on X and pulled up all my correct information.

I have to believe the "development" has been done by the same folks. Theoretically that could make it reasonable to take what works from one and what works from the other and build a hybrid. Easy? No. Quick? God I hope not. But I think the new crop of job postings is very encouraging.

Given their track record, it's more likely that we'll end up with a hybrid incorporating the worst features from both. Ah well, maybe it will be a horror story with a happy ending and we'll all be posting what a wonderful website it is, truly intuitive and a breeze to work with. :cool:

Sigh. Again, no real world testing before release.

Logged in, filled in everything. Great. Looks good. But as previously reported, no cruise history. Although my status and point balance was there. After a bit, cruise history does appear. So it is probably some sort of propagation issue. A message would have been nice.

So far, fairly good. Lets click Plan a new cruise. That is where things break down. Takes me to a cruise search page that doesn't know I'm logged in and is fixed to the US. I'm in Canada and normally I see CA$ pricing. No longer. Nor is my C&A number known in the search engine.

Well, tried it again after a bit of time. Now the search engine knows I'm logged in. But it still thinks I'm in the US. Click on United States and get a country selection windows. Click Canada English and get

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

Previously clicking United States did nothing. Are they really changing live pages on the fly? Really?

Just an update. I logged out, did some more cc reading. Opened a new browser tab and typed in http://www.royalcaribbean.com. First up was the Bad request message noted in previous post! Eventually got to the log in windows. Browser remembered my username and password, failed login. Typed in the username and password, failed login. ????? Thought about it a bit, typed in my email address and password. Works!

Does this mean that RCI is switching to email addresses for usernames?

Just an update. I logged out, did some more cc reading. Opened a new browser tab and typed in www.royalcaribbean.com. First up was the Bad request message noted in previous post! Eventually got to the log in windows. Browser remembered my username and password, failed login. Typed in the username and password, failed login. ????? Thought about it a bit, typed in my email address and password. Works!

Does this mean that RCI is switching to email addresses for usernames?

I switched to email address as well. If that's a hard requirement it will cause problems.

Sigh. Again, no real world testing before release.

Logged in, filled in everything. Great. Looks good. But as previously reported, no cruise history. Although my status and point balance was there. After a bit, cruise history does appear. So it is probably some sort of propagation issue. A message would have been nice.

So far, fairly good. Lets click Plan a new cruise. That is where things break down. Takes me to a cruise search page that doesn't know I'm logged in and is fixed to the US. I'm in Canada and normally I see CA$ pricing. No longer. Nor is my C&A number known in the search engine.

Well, tried it again after a bit of time. Now the search engine knows I'm logged in. But it still thinks I'm in the US. Click on United States and get a country selection windows. Click Canada English and get

"Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Size of a request header field exceeds server limit."

Previously clicking United States did nothing. Are they really changing live pages on the fly? Really?

I didn't try creating anything but all my info, including cruise history, was available. I was more concerned with whether or not the new login from RCL would work with X and it did.

I didn't try creating anything but all my info, including cruise history, was available. I was more concerned with whether or not the new login from RCL would work with X and it did.

X doesn't like my RCI password, but perhaps it will take a while. My RCI history didn't show up initially, but appeared once I logged off and then back on again. For some reason it defaults to the US site, even though I'm in Canada and has always recognized that in the past, but the location selector is right at the top and it switched me immediately once selected. Strangely, the URL becomes: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=CAN&StickToDomain=USA

The most positive aspect for me in the initial foray is that it provided prices in CAD once I made the location change.

X doesn't like my RCI password, but perhaps it will take a while. My RCI history didn't show up initially, but appeared once I logged off and then back on again. For some reason it defaults to the US site, even though I'm in Canada and has always recognized that in the past, but the location selector is right at the top and it switched me immediately once selected. Strangely, the URL becomes: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/?wuc=CAN&StickToDomain=USA

The most positive aspect for me in the initial foray is that it provided prices in CAD once I made the location change.

Curious, I tried several times to change my location to Canada and kept getting Bad Request messages. It switched to Australia no problem, but then I couldn't switch back to Canada or the US. So I copied the line and pated, changed http to https and it worked. Hmmmm . . . different servers with slightly different pages?

I'm not expecting any major improvements much before the end of 2018 - some bug fixes would be great while the new team gets their sea legs.

So just for fun I logged into the RCL site and was faced with the new login rollout. It's not the sexiest looking page in the world but it did work. I reset my login/password, entered some profile info (it auto-filled some which was good), was informed that I could use the login for RCL and X. I was then able to go to the homepage which looks different but is probably just a content change since I haven't been there for a while.

Then I went to the X site to test since my login IDs were different. Surprisingly, the RCL login worked on X and pulled up all my correct information.

I just tried and can't log in to RCCL with my current password - UGH!

I just tried and can't log in to RCCL with my current password - UGH!

and all of my past cruise information is gone! It is unbelievable that a Fortune 500 company could be this bad at websites.