One week to go. What jobs are left to do?

Jo and Rob

If you get your shopping delivered book a slot for the evening you get back. Keep a carton of UHT milk in to save you having to go to a shop on the way home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a specific card that I use abroad and on my online account I can just advise where I am travelling to. I don’t expect to use it much but you never know!

I have meals in the freezer for when we return and am hoping that my daughter will at least have the basics in as we will not return to Manchester until the evening of Good Friday.

I am getting very excited now :)

Have you told your bank you are going abroad?

Tesco don’t want to know. They say they assume we holiday abroad. Just dyed my hair and wearing a face mask. I hope the post lady doesn’t come!!

Maybe one thing you shouldn't do is check the long range weather for where you are going,we too fly on Friday & on checking the supposed long range forecasts for the islands we visit shows rain on each port day,hopefully they will be as accurate as usual,I say supposed long range forecast as they tend to change every day!

Some really great advice here, thank you everyone. I have just taken photo's of our passports and also of our travel insurance documents with policy numbers and emergency medical telephone contacts. It might seem like overkill but I've also photographed a list of the (sadly far too many) medical conditions I'm covered for. Next I've gotta find some magnets! Lol I'm nearly packed but I'm not going until 22nd April! Not too long now - yippee.

Some people photograph their passport page with their phone- same with insurance papers.

I'm packing now, and most of my evening tops are man made fibres...and this weather is filling everything with electricity- in fact, 2 items crackled when I pulled them out.

So tomorrow I'm soaking a lot of things in softener.

I'll also be raiding my cruise drawer for several items- at last I've reached enough points with P&O to have free slippers, so I'll leave the various pairs of slipper socks people have bought me for cabin use, until my summer cruise with Fred!

Julie, go for the hot pink!!!

Have copies of the passports but hadn't thought of photographing them, great idea.

Cases have been down for weeks, just sitting there. Flying out on 12 April for Western Mediterranean for 14 nights on Azura then 7 Nights on Celebrity Silhouette to the Fjords. So will have to pack two lots of clothes!! As soon as that front door is closed behind us I'm on my holidays. Hubby is different he won't be in the holiday mood until we're in Southampton.

Have just put the luggage tags in their plastic holders, they are a great job.

Couldn't imagine leaving it until the day before for packing, I'll probably start at least two weeks before. I have a couple of items sitting beside the cases already.

My last week will be cleaning out my pets. I have Degus, Leopard Geckos and an bird shed with an aviary attached with approx 60 birds. Hubby has two tropical aquariums. That stresses me more than anything getting all them sorted. We have a guy who has looked after our animals for years (it's his business). Handover of spare keys a couple of days before we leave.

Next is to start the checklist,will start that at the weekend.

Happy & safe sailing to all of us.

Edited by purdo

Couldn't imagine leaving it until the day before for packing, I'll probably start at least two weeks before. I have a couple of items sitting beside the cases already.

Years ago I used to start packing weeks before ,must be an age thing,if I try that now I soon forget what I have put in!

Years ago I used to start packing weeks before ,must be an age thing,if I try that now I soon forget what I have put in!

I forget what I have put in if I start packing 2 days before so I have to leave it to the day before. 😂😂😂

Porto - hot pink it is :) and I have a lovely lipstick to match.

I have to admit I am stressing a bit now, I have clothes and shoes all over the spare room I just need to pack them and dare weigh the case :eek: This is a different type of holiday for us, we usually do beach holidays so it’s relatively lightweight clothes and sandals.

My magnets came today (thanks Jaywader) and lanyard at weekend (thanks Jo), too late to order anything else now !!

Going for pink myself!!!

Anyone using packing cubes, bought four sets a couple of years ago, they're a great job even hubby uses them. Bought them after reading about them on cruise critic. Saves the clothes getting creased, you know when you pack your suitcase then as soon as you lift it up everything moves and gets all crumpled. Some of the cubes I don't have to unpack, underwear in one, t shirts, blouses etc in another, at least when you takes the cubes out of the suitcase you can see what is in each. Even use them now on city breaks in my carry on.

I forget what I have put in if I start packing 2 days before so I have to leave it to the day before. 😂😂😂

Exactly, same here. I do everything the day before. I'm not including printing of e-tickets and pre-planning our DIY, but as far as going on holiday, it's the day before. Get the dogs stuff ready for the pet sitter and pack. That's it. What else is there to do?

Purdo - I bought 2 sets of packing cubes last year, pink for me, blue for husband and used them for the first time in December. I would highly recommend them, so easy to find things and virtually no creasing. In fact when we came back and I had washed and ironed my ‘holiday wardrobe’ I put them back in the cubes with some Bounce tumble dryer sheets ( so they smell nice) and they are all set to go.

My husband was quite sceptical when I bought them but I found them invaluable. Mind you our taxi is booked for 9.00am on Friday and he has yet to sort anything out :mad:

Edited by JulieG57
Reply to post

Purdo - I bought 2 sets of packing cubes last year, pink for me, blue for husband and used them for the first time in December. I would highly recommend them, so easy to find things and virtually no creasing. In fact when we came back and I had washed and ironed my ‘holiday wardrobe’ I put them back in the cubes with some Bounce tumble dryer sheets ( so they smell nice) and they are all set to go.

My husband was quite sceptical when I bought them but I found them invaluable. Mind you our taxi is booked for 9.00am on Friday and he has yet to sort anything out :mad:

What are packing cubes? and where would I get one from? I havent heard of these but they sound like a good idea.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

What are packing cubes? and where would I get one from? I havent heard of these but they sound like a good idea

I got mine from an Amazon daily deal, but it is this sort of thing

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_3?url=search-alias%3Dluggage&field-keywords=packing+cubes&sprefix=Pac%2Caps%2C157&crid=3P7XNH6GKIZFX

Edited by JulieG57

What are packing cubes? and where would I get one from? I havent heard of these but they sound like a good idea

I got mine from an Amazon daily deal, but it is this sort of thing

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_2_3?url=search-alias%3Dluggage&field-keywords=packing+cubes&sprefix=Pac%2Caps%2C162&crid=1ECD6PQSWXWQ5

Thanks for that. I just had a look on ebay and there seems to be a lot to choose from at various prices.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Not sure if packing cubes are a good thing or not for us,my Wife tends not to unpack a case until she needs to pack again,hence the need to unpack 3 cases to pack for this holiday,she hadn't a clue what was in them so I don't know how she would handle the cubes,may be easier!

Stressing? Why would you stress over a holiday? Sheesh!

I’m always stressed before a holiday. I’m usually working down to the wire and we have this thing in our family, where generation to generation seems to have passed down the need to leave the house in an immaculate condition [emoji30] roll on retirement!