Carnival cruise- St. Thomas tour recommendations

carnivalcruisertobe

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for tour recommendations on St. Thomas for our upcoming cruise in March 2018.

Specifically, we have it down to 3 options:

1) Island tour- This seems to be the most popular.

2) Hang around Havensight- I noticed a new pirate museum and we can do the cable cars nearby.

3) Foodie tours- we're thinking about a drinking tour listed in Charlotte Amalie.

I'm also not sure how everything looks after the storm and if the cable cars will be open?

What do veteran St. Thomas cruiser's recommend? And, which tour operators should we use?

You should do an island tour since this is your first time. Many people expect to see damage from the storms, and you only see that if you get outside of the port areas.

Besides, you'll get to see so much more of the island if you're on a tour than if you just hang around Havensight.

Caribbean Historical Tours is up and running. You can see their tour descriptions the website and also book online.

Some of the taxi drivers have lost some communication capability since the storm, so recommendations for now may be limited.

• 2 weeks later...

This is their site. I contacted them through here. https://brenda-n-frankosfuntours.com/ You can find all of the information you are looking for there. We decided to go on the sightseeing, shopping and beach excursion, it was $40 a person. It was an open air safari bus. There was 8 from our group and then 5 other people. Our tour was 5-6 hours long. As I said there are different tours, different lengths and different adventures. All reasonably priced.

njrover0216, do you have contact information for Brenda and Franko's or info where I can look it up? Was this an open air safari bus and how many people were on the tour? Cost/length of time?

We did an Island tour with Godfrey Tours twice and really loved it. We will be there in Feb and have booked an Island Tour with Sunny Liston. The tours are similar but Sunny seems to be more rambunctious (lots of music) so we will see which one we actually prefer.

• 2 months later...
This is their site. I contacted them through here. https://brenda-n-frankosfuntours.com/ You can find all of the information you are looking for there. We decided to go on the sightseeing, shopping and beach excursion, it was $40 a person. It was an open air safari bus. There was 8 from our group and then 5 other people. Our tour was 5-6 hours long. As I said there are different tours, different lengths and different adventures. All reasonably priced.

When you booked your reservation with them, did they charge you for the full amount of the tour already? We are a family of 6 and are going to be doing the same tour you did and wanted to hear your feedback to see if it was worth it.

I think we paid a deposit, then paid the rest when we arrived. That was a year ago. It was a nice tour. We got to learn a lot about St. Thomas and enjoy the beach. The problem with St. Thomas is the people that live there that came from the US. They are very rude. Best liquor prices in St. Thomas.

I think we paid a deposit, then paid the rest when we arrived. That was a year ago. It was a nice tour. We got to learn a lot about St. Thomas and enjoy the beach. The problem with St. Thomas is the people that live there that came from the US. They are very rude. Best liquor prices in St. Thomas.

Hi!

Do you have any suggestions on where to go to find great liquor prices? I'll be there on a cruise in April and again in December.

Thanks for your advice!:tropical-drink: :tropical-drink:

Hi!

Do you have any suggestions on where to go to find great liquor prices? I'll be there on a cruise in April and again in December.

Thanks for your advice!:tropical-drink: :tropical-drink:

We went right there after you get off the boat. When you walk through the gates there is strip of shops on the main road. Cross the street, go to the right and the liquor store is maybe 3 stores down.

We did an Island tour with Godfrey Tours twice and really loved it. We will be there in Feb and have booked an Island Tour with Sunny Liston. The tours are similar but Sunny seems to be more rambunctious (lots of music) so we will see which one we actually prefer.

How was the tour with Sunny Liston?

• 3 weeks later...
I've done Brenda n Frankos twice. My wife and I love them. We probably spend another day with them when When go back in later this year.

Been doing some research, and I think Brenda & Franko will be a good fit for us, so probably going to book with them.

• 3 months later...

We ended up going to Sapphire Beach. I do not recommend it. The beach was crowded, the water was dingy and the local people were nasty to us. They did not like tourists invading their precious beaches. We are going to St. Thomas again in January, we are either taking the ferry over to St John's or water island.