Vomit from the balconies?

Ok, so this may be a really bizaar question, but im sure seasickness is certainly common on a cruise ship. We are scheduled for a balcony room, has anyone ever experienced vomit hurtling down from an upper deck splattering on the balconies below. Sorry for the grossness of this question but it just occured to me.

Oh good Lord, something I wouldn't even want to envision, but suppose it could happen. Just like someone spitting their gum out of a car window and it hitting your windshield. Yuck but reality :eek:

There was another thered where a lady mentioned that kids were dropping their ice-cream cones down on her aft balcony, so perhaps vomit would qualify as incoming too.

EWWWWWWW!!! :eek: I'm really glad after reading this we tend to book on the top deck of balconies on a ship!

Seriously, though - we went through 20 foot seas last May and never noticed anything odd from the balconies. Granted, our balcony on deck 8 was soaking wet from the spray and the waves so probably not too many people out there.

The answer is YES -- we had an ill passenger above us -- he was "at the rail" more than once during the cruise. We noticed the "spray" all over our balcony door and window, called the steward and it was all cleaned up for us every time it happened.

Disgusting, I know, but you asked ...

Watched an intoxicated passenger throw up in one of the spas on the Triumph in February. There must have been 10 people in that spa and seconds later it was just her. She must of stayed in there another ten minutes until security made her get out.

Well, now this is terrific. Here's a good reason why NCL Epic will have the bathroom configuration in three areas. You can vomit into the sink in one area, the toilet in another, and finally if these two facilities are busy, vomit right into the shower.

Please don't vomit above our balcony!!! :eek:

Yes, my son was laying out on my aft balcony when some drunk guy leaned over the side and let it go. My son got up and rushed up to the top deck and just so happened to grab security on his way up. The guy was taken some where to sober up.

That's the first time in all of my cruises that this has happened, it just happened to be his (my son's) first.

OK, well I guess if folks could vomit over their balcony then they could pee too. I'm sure this happens too. A guy of course.

HEY! Don't be sexist! That Japanese company made those "funnels" for women so they could stand up!! :p

:eek::eek::eek: I hope I never ever ever ever experience that. NOTHING scares me more than vomit. Not at all. :eek:

After working in an ER for ten years vomit really doesn't scare me. Although not being at work i probably wouldn't be prepared for it.

Archived