Bahamas Segway Tours or Blue Lagoon??

USATraveller

Hi has anyone done the 'Bahamas Segway Tours'? It is being advertised as Number 1 activity in Nassau from Trip advisor and I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried it and if it is worth it!!

We wanted to do both Segway Tours and Blue Lagoon Island but i think the Segway tour finishes at 1pm and I am not sure if it is worth going to Blue Lagoon only for 2 hours... (catch the 1.30pm boat from Nassau and leave from Blue Lagoon at 4pm with the last boat)

The other option would be to just visit Blue Lagoon and not do the Segway Tour... so I am not sure what is best. Anyone here tried any of these to suggest?

thanks!

Hi has anyone done the 'Bahamas Segway Tours'? It is being advertised as Number 1 activity in Nassau from Trip advisor and I was wondering if anyone here has ever tried it and if it is worth it!!

We wanted to do both Segway Tours and Blue Lagoon Island but i think the Segway tour finishes at 1pm and I am not sure if it is worth going to Blue Lagoon only for 2 hours... (catch the 1.30pm boat from Nassau and leave from Blue Lagoon at 4pm with the last boat)

The other option would be to just visit Blue Lagoon and not do the Segway Tour... so I am not sure what is best. Anyone here tried any of these to suggest?

thanks!

They start stacking chairs at blue lagoon at 3pm.. so you really would only get an hour of beach time.

Seqway is fun, but I don't know how it got to be #1.. I wouldn't even consider it a top 10..

I did a segway tour in Puerto Rico and it was fabulous. Our tour guide was wonderful and told us things that we would never have known if we had visited the sites on our own. He was a local guy and had a lot of insights - not just the canned tourism stuff.

We will be visiting the Bahamas in April and were considering doing the segway tour there also. My only concern is being pestered by the locals for hair braiding, etc. Does anyone know if that is a problem?

I did a segway tour in Puerto Rico and it was fabulous. Our tour guide was wonderful and told us things that we would never have known if we had visited the sites on our own. He was a local guy and had a lot of insights - not just the canned tourism stuff.

We will be visiting the Bahamas in April and were considering doing the segway tour there also. My only concern is being pestered by the locals for hair braiding, etc. Does anyone know if that is a problem?

Hair braiding is a big thing in nassau. but just say no and keep walking.. they don't attack..

We did the Segway tour last year and loved it. The Segway Beach tour takes you to the other side of the island, far away from the hair braiders. It's about a 30-minute ride to the private property. If you want to get away from vendors and the cruise crowds, this is a great way to go.

Check out this thread about the Segway tour. My review (with pictures) is there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1181266&highlight=segway&page=2

When I was in Nassau last month, I did the Segway. It was the most fun I had in my life.

They also have pouches on the front to keep possessions in, which I didn't know. They also allow cameras, whiz you around the area, and take you to a field to you can ride around.

Melanie

Thanks!! i think we will aim to catch the 10.30 ship for Blue Lagoon. If we can't make that we will do the Segway tour instead. Hopefully we can book those events on the day?

we will be there for 2 days and the second day I booked the Powerboat adventure for Exumas so i wanted to have at least one day of quiet beach time

Thanks!! i think we will aim to catch the 10.30 ship for Blue Lagoon. If we can't make that we will do the Segway tour instead. Hopefully we can book those events on the day?

we will be there for 2 days and the second day I booked the Powerboat adventure for Exumas so i wanted to have at least one day of quiet beach time

Both Blue Lagoon and the Segway tour need to be booked in advance. The Segway tour only takes 8 to 12 people.

If you're just looking for a quiet beach day and don't want to be tied to a schedule, why don't you get a day pass at Sheraton?

Archived