Cheers program specific questions

lil nemo

i'M WONDERING about drinks that they exclude or included on the program.

Like the drinks of the day, as long as you get it as a refill and not in a souvenir glass, included?

how about NA beer? it always in a bottle included?

and all beers have to be by the glass no bottled beer?

would it include drinks such as shots

and if that is the case could you then get a frozen non-alcholic drink and add a shot to it? (I like pina colada's)

they claim alcholic frozen drinks are not included, but non are thats weird to me.

Mojitos like drinks?

And specifically on the rocks type drinks

or things like Brandy?

or champagne?

THANKS I KNOW SOMEONE WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

i'M WONDERING about drinks that they exclude or included on the program.

Like the drinks of the day, as long as you get it as a refill and not in a souvenir glass, included?

how about NA beer? it always in a bottle included?

and all beers have to be by the glass no bottled beer?

would it include drinks such as shots

and if that is the case could you then get a frozen non-alcholic drink and add a shot to it? (I like pina colada's)

they claim alcholic frozen drinks are not included, but non are thats weird to me.

Mojitos like drinks?

And specifically on the rocks type drinks

or things like Brandy?

or champagne?

THANKS I KNOW SOMEONE WILL BE ABLE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS

Yes to all your questions.. except beer can be bought by the bottle.. as long as the drink is under $10.. alcoholic frozen drinks are INCLUDED.. if your drink is over $10 you pay the difference.. water is not included you get 25% off.. and I think side juices like clamato for a red eye you pay extra for.

Allie is 100% correct.

No drink of the day, unless it's in a normal glass.

Exactly why I answered yes to the OP's question

Allie is 100% correct.

No drink of the day, unless it's in a normal glass.

I heard that as well, but it makes no sense to me. The DOD's cost less than $10, but you can't get them in the DOD hurricane glass under the Cheers program.:confused:

The last I heard, this program was only on 4 ships. Is that still correct or have they expanded the list. For the life of me I can never find the info I am looking for on Carnival's website.

LOL its on another thread here.. still 4 ships...

The last I heard, this program was only on 4 ships. Is that still correct or have they expanded the list. For the life of me I can never find the info I am looking for on Carnival's website.

According to Carnival its on 3, Carnival Victory, Carnival Splendor and the Carnival Breeze. They haven't updated yet to add the Dream which they just announced the other day was getting the "Cheers" program, the renamed My Awesome Bar Program~

Yes to all your questions.. except beer can be bought by the bottle.. as long as the drink is under $10.. alcoholic frozen drinks are INCLUDED.. if your drink is over $10 you pay the difference.. water is not included you get 25% off.. and I think side juices like clamato for a red eye you pay extra for.

thank you so much for the clarifications.

I could care less about the glass, no room to take them home anyhow!

Is this first hand knowledge from use of program? If so did you find anything unusal that wasn't included?

Would be so worth for me IF ONLY it didn't have to be "everyone in state room" has to purchase!:( There is no way my DW would ever drink enough to make it worthwhile and I can't drink enough for both of us to make it worth it...could I:confused::confused::confused:

Would be so worth for me IF ONLY it didn't have to be "everyone in state room" has to purchase!:( There is no way my DW would ever drink enough to make it worthwhile and I can't drink enough for both of us to make it worth it...could I:confused::confused::confused:

I think you can! Think of it as a goal!

I heard that as well, but it makes no sense to me. The DOD's cost less than $10, but you can't get them in the DOD hurricane glass under the Cheers program.:confused:

Another stupid quirk with the program is that the $2.00 optional floater for on top of frozen drinks is not included. Most frozen drinks are 7.25, with the floater included they would be only 9.25, which is under the 10.00 rule and they would still contain less alcohol than any of the long island iced tea varieties that are included in the program. :confused:

• 1 month later...

So the Cheers program states it must be purchased for everyone in your stateroom. I understand the reasoning behind this. However my wife is pregnant. Carnival has the documentation for this (they required a doctor to sign off saying it was ok for he to cruise). No way am I going to purchase one for her. Does anyone know if they are flexible with this rule?

Thanks.

So the Cheers program states it must be purchased for everyone in your stateroom. I understand the reasoning behind this. However my wife is pregnant. Carnival has the documentation for this (they required a doctor to sign off saying it was ok for he to cruise). No way am I going to purchase one for her. Does anyone know if they are flexible with this rule?

Thanks.

Nope, no exceptions.

Thanks.

Clarification: Every adult (age over 21) in each stateroom; I have seen people split two adults into two cabins if you are traveling with kids to avoid this rule (if you have more than one child and not all in one cabin)

Stateroom A: Mom with one or two kids; (Mom may not drink enough to make this worthwhile)

Stateroom B: Dad with one kid listed- (Dad can drink 9 drinks average a day and not even be affected)

Please note that the genders above can be switched at any time... lol

People can sleep where they want at the end of the day between the two cabins of course :)

Just an FYI.

Another stupid quirk with the program is that the $2.00 optional floater for on top of frozen drinks is not included. Most frozen drinks are 7.25, with the floater included they would be only 9.25, which is under the 10.00 rule and they would still contain less alcohol than any of the long island iced tea varieties that are included in the program. :confused:

i have heard of people just waiting 5 minutes then just ordering a shot to pour in themselves....also like with crown and coke you can't order a double....but you could order one and then wait 5 minutes and order a shot to pour in....silly but thats how ya do it....LOL

I have a question. If we get onto the ship and buy a beverage before we are able to purchase Cheers (long lines etc), and then we sign up, will that previous drink be adjusted to be included in the package?

Archived