Luggage Question

SeaHoliday

I was wondering if Carnival offers luggage being sent directly to the airport. I have only sailed on Royal Carib and I know they do.

Has anyone had this done? Our plane does not leave til 7 pm and I hate to have to keep up with lugguage all day.:(

Thanks!

Kari:)

I was wondering if Carnival offers luggage being sent directly to the airport. I have only sailed on Royal Carib and I know they do.

Has anyone had this done? Our plane does not leave til 7 pm and I hate to have to keep up with lugguage all day.:(

Thanks!

Yes they do from some ports.. it will be listed on the Funtimes.. or you can check with guest services..to make sure your airline is covered..

Thanks!

Debarkation Port

Ships

Port Canaveral

Carnival Dream

Port Everglades (for FLL/MIA)

Carnival Freedom

Miami (for MIA/FLL)

Carnival Liberty / Carnival Valor / Carnival Glory

Carnival Destiny / Carnival Breeze

Tampa

Carnival Legend

Seattle

Carnival Miracle

Rather than check in at the airport for the return flight, eligible guests may choose to participate for just a nominal fee of $20 per person in addition to baggage fees that may be required by the specific airline for checked luggage. Guests will receive both their airline boarding passes and their luggage tags while they are enjoying their vacation at sea. Better yet, they will only need to place their checked luggage outside of their stateroom and will not touch it again until they claim it at their final destination.

Applicable to all guests with proper travel documentation

Only a maximum of two bags per guest can be checked-in

Applicable on most major domestic airlines – guests will need to check on board for participating airlines as they are subject to change.

Flights must be on a participating airline, departing from the airport on the same day of debarkation

All flight destinations may be available including Canadian and International airports. Note: For ships from the homeport of Seattle, flight destinations are to the U.S. only

The Luggage Express Program cannot be used for those guests purchasing a post-cruise shore excursion.

Early in the cruise, eligible guests will receive an invitation to participate in this program. The guest must complete the registration form and sign it to authorize the fees to be charged to their Sail & Sign account and then drop it off at the Guest Services Desk. The day prior to debarkation, airline boarding passes, luggage tags along with a letter are delivered to the stateroom. Guests place the tags on the luggage that will be checked in and then place it outside their stateroom for collection. On debarkation day, participants may debark at their convenience.

The luggage will be transferred from the ship to the corresponding airline and flight. Guests must claim their bags upon flight arrival at their final destination. If there are any delays or problems with their luggage, guests need to contact the airline to report any problems.

If I recall, Luggage Express is only available to those with earlier filights, I think 12 noon *may* be the cutoff.

Also, your airline must participate in the program, it is not automatic for all airlines.

If I recall, Luggage Express is only available to those with earlier filights, I think 12 noon *may* be the cutoff.

Also, your airline must participate in the program, it is not automatic for all airlines.

Not earlier flights .. later flights.

We tried to use it from POM flights out of FLL. We missed the earliest flight time by 10 minutes.

Our flight was 1:50 pm and they said 2:00 pm or later. They will not waver on the times either.

What ticked me off was we were the only ship in POM and there was only 1 ship at Everglades. I saw both LE trucks arrive at FLL hours before our flight!!!

We tried to use it from POM flights out of FLL. We missed the earliest flight time by 10 minutes.

Our flight was 1:50 pm and they said 2:00 pm or later. They will not waver on the times either.

What ticked me off was we were the only ship in POM and there was only 1 ship at Everglades. I saw both LE trucks arrive at FLL hours before our flight!!!

Interesting, the couple traveling with us used LE at PoM for a 12 noon flight.

So if our flight is 7 pm out of FLL, we can use it?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad to read about this program. I've spent hours researching rental car options (from POM, flying out of FLL at 5 pm), but really didn't want to spend the money or time on a car rental. And, Liberty is not offering post-cruise excursions w/transfer to FLL airport.

So this looks great, but a couple of questions:

- why isn't this info posted in the FAQs on Carnival's website? where is the description copied from?

- we are also flying USAir--how can I check closer to the cruise date to confirm that they will still be participating at the time of our cruise? I'd hate to have to do a car rental at the last minute)

- would it be realistic to use SAS Transport from POM to the riverwalk area in FLL, get around by foot for the day in that area, then get a cab to the FLL airport?

THANKS!

I'm so glad to read about this program. I've spent hours researching rental car options (from POM, flying out of FLL at 5 pm), but really didn't want to spend the money or time on a car rental. And, Liberty is not offering post-cruise excursions w/transfer to FLL airport.

So this looks great, but a couple of questions:

- why isn't this info posted in the FAQs on Carnival's website? where is the description copied from?

- we are also flying USAir--how can I check closer to the cruise date to confirm that they will still be participating at the time of our cruise? I'd hate to have to do a car rental at the last minute)

- would it be realistic to use SAS Transport from POM to the riverwalk area in FLL, get around by foot for the day in that area, then get a cab to the FLL airport?

THANKS!

Oops--I did find this on the Carnival website FAQs after searching in a different way . . . but still wondering how I know if I will be an "eligible" guest in order to get an invitation for this???

Archived