Cheers Comparison Chart

AndrewD65

I found this information online and thought it would be useful for anyone debating if the cheers program would be worth it to them or not.

The question many are asking: "Is it worth it?"

Program Cost = $49.40 per day with gratuity

Sample 1

5 - Martinis

($8.95/per)

= $51.50 with gratuity

Sample 2

7 - Top Shelf Vodka Drinks

($7.50/per)

= $53.63 with gratuity

Sample 3

8 - Domestic Beers

($5.75/per)

= $52.96 with gratuity

Sample 4

4 - Domestic Beers

3 - Sodas

2 - Drinks of the Day

= $50.43 with gratuity

If you can drink on average one of the samples above in a day, this program will save you money.

If you can drink on average one of the samples above in a day, this program will save you money.
You need to also factor in the consumption of any other adults traveling with you in the same cabin, as they would also be required to purchase the package.

Thank you for doing that math. If we were traveling without DD, it would be worth it for us, but with her aboard, we'll have to take turns being a bit more responsible. :rolleyes: Either of us could drink that much in a day, but we won't both consume that much on the same day.

Not worth it to us since we drink Fosters Beer. At $6.75 a can we would have to drink 7 Fosters a day each which is about 14 regular beers a day for each of us. (Fosters beer cans are 25 ounces where a regular can of beer is 12 ounces).

We would both have to buy the package and no way could I see us consuming 28 beers together a day on a cruise. :eek:

I would like to remember my cruise.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Stupid Question : if i am alone in a Room, so logically i can book it for myself because i'm alone, or is it a " Must be a 2 persons " System ?

Thanks

The rule is all adults (over 21) in the cabin, so I think you're safe as a solo.

I found this information online and thought it would be useful for anyone debating if the cheers program would be worth it to them or not.

The question many are asking: "Is it worth it?"

Program Cost = $49.40 per day with gratuity

You missed a big factor.

The rules include: Each adult (21 years or older) assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

So for a cabin with 2 adults, you will be charged $98.80 per day for every day of the cruise.

Good luck with that beverage program.

I did a "sample" drinking menu of my own just yesterday and feel the program is well worth it. Since DH and I love beer, enjoy wine with dinner, and crown & 7 during "cocktail hour", it added up to well over $50/day. Besides, I do plan on having some of those umbrella drinks considering I'm on vacation!;)

There is one other factor that needs to be remembered and that is port days. If one is missing 6-8 hours of "drinking time" on the ship per port day, then it may not be such a great savings for some.

Blazley: If there is only one adult in your stateroom, then that is all who pays for the program. They won't allow only one person to partake in the program if there are more than one adult in your stateroom... both/all have to.

For instance, DD (9) and I are booked in one room. I will have the option of partaking in the Cheers program. DH and DS (14) will be in the other stateroom so DH can partake if he chooses to. If DH and I were in same room, but he didn't want Cheers, then I couldn't get it either.

Hope that wasn't too confusing! :rolleyes: :p

You missed a big factor.

The rules include: Each adult (21 years or older) assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

So for a cabin with 2 adults, you will be charged $98.80 per day for every day of the cruise.

Good luck with that beverage program.

That is correct, but for my party this would be perfect. I could Easily run up a 200 bar tab before the end if the first day. So me and my friend this will work perfect..

Thanks for sharing and saving me the time to figure it out. I think the program will work for us since we only have 2 port days and the rest are see days. I am not sure I would do it on a port intensive cruise.

They won't allow only one person to partake in the program if there are more than one adult in your stateroom... both/all have to.

So that means that i can Buy this Packege for myself. They say " All adults in one room". So i'm Adult, but Alone in a Room, i can Book it no ?

( I dont understand it realy sorry .. )

Thanks

I also like the 25% discount on bottles of wine and drinks over $10. It does exclude the wine dispensers in the Library and buckets/pitchers/tubes of beer, which we intend on still doing!:D

In addition, I like knowing that our bar bill will be a set price, for the most part. We are on an 8 day cruise so the bill will be even higher if we don't partake in the Cheers program.

So that means that i can Buy this Packege for myself. They say " All adults in one room". So i'm Adult, but Alone in a Room, i can Book it no ?

( I dont understand it realy sorry .. )

Thanks

Yep, you can purchase it! :)

Maybe I missed it - I didn't read all these in detail - but if you have to pay the $98 approx. for 2 adults per day - and you end up spending 3-5 days on an ave. 7 day cruise on islands - can you really consume that much alcohol on the ship - plus what you drink on the islands?! We typically have plenty of rum punch and beer on excursions and beaches! We have always ordered what we wanted on the ship - drinks of the day, wine, and beer primarily - and never spent $700 on liquor. Maybe $400 - $500 - but not $700!

Maybe I missed it - I didn't read all these in detail - but if you have to pay the $98 approx. for 2 adults per day - and you end up spending 3-5 days on an ave. 7 day cruise on islands - can you really consume that much alcohol on the ship - plus what you drink on the islands?! We typically have plenty of rum punch and beer on excursions and beaches! We have always ordered what we wanted on the ship - drinks of the day, wine, and beer primarily - and never spent $700 on liquor. Maybe $400 - $500 - but not $700!

Well, then, this package is not for you :-)

The port days are what is keeping us from doing this. We can easily get our moneys worth on sea days, but we will have 4 port days in a row and will be buying drinks on the islands. We usually come back on board hot & tired, so don't have a lot of drinks those evenings.

I'm curious, has anyone used the program on the Legend yet? We are sailing Jan. 20 and just wondered if anyone had any experience with it yet.

I used it on the Victory, and it worked for me. And it would have been perfect if they had it when i was on the Liberty. You average out over the cruise what you have. I drink wine and some of the classic cocktails, so on a sea day, i might spend say $80, and on a port day $25, but it averaged out. Also, on the Victory i didn't drink as much in port, because i had already prepaid for my drinks on board.

The best way is to think about what you spent last cruise and see if it works.