Oops! Anyone had this happen?

812664_10200571631432754_1528203402_o.jpg

A friend just posted from her Carnival cruise returning from Hawaii today...looks like a bit of trouble with baggage handling.:rolleyes:

She said 3 went over, looks like only one floated:eek:

Anyone ever see this before? Or worse, have it happen to YOU!

I can't imagine... I would be horrified! People laugh at me for packing a pool noodle around the outer edge of my suitcase (for Labadee - usually leave it there but maybe i'll take it back on the ship with me from now on)

maybe the floating suitcase person does that too ;)

Ya, Beth, I think my clothes all packed in separate 2.5 gallon zip bags would keep mine afloat!! I like how all the LA dock workers are just watching...one even looks like he's giving the thumbs up :p

These would be kind of a crappy end to a nice cruise in HI I think!

Nothing in the drink, but on our last Mariner cruise out of Galveston, we watched one guy in a golf cart they were using sling people's bags off the bag wagons and run right over them about 4 times, everybody in line to disembark out on the promenade deck saw it, we couldn't believe it...and he knew we were watching!

OMG that happened to someone on our Freedom cruise ... she had packed all her electronics and medicines in her suitcase, as well as her clothes. It was a nightmare to restock her meds from the onboard pharmacy!

OTOH, she got a whole wardrobe from the RCI LOGO shop onboard.

Ya, Beth, I think my clothes all packed in separate 2.5 gallon zip bags would keep mine afloat!! I like how all the LA dock workers are just watching...one even looks like he's giving the thumbs up :p

These would be kind of a crappy end to a nice cruise in HI I think!

I don't necessarily pack the contents of my luggage in large zip bag for fear of them falling in the water - although maybe now that will be another reason to do so. I do so to prevent them from being ruined by spilled liquids from other luggage packed on top of mine.

OMG that happened to someone on our Freedom cruise ... she had packed all her electronics and medicines in her suitcase, as well as her clothes. It was a nightmare to restock her meds from the onboard pharmacy!

OTOH, she got a whole wardrobe from the RCI LOGO shop onboard.

I'll never forget that, Patty. Then she complained that Royal did not compensate them enough for the damaged electronics and lost meds, plus the suffering she went through during the cruise because she didn't have her meds. Even though all of the documentation from the cruise line says DON'T check bags containing valuable items, expensive electronics, or necessary meds!

Royal actually gave them more than their cruise contract required them to, but still they weren't happy.

Oops somebody forgot to tip the porter:D:D

I actually heard a porter tell the woman next to me: "your bags may not make it on the ship if you don't tip"!

Now, I always tip $2 per bag at least, but I thought that was horrible to say!

I actually heard a porter tell the woman next to me: "your bags may not make it on the ship if you don't tip"!

Now, I always tip $2 per bag at least, but I thought that was horrible to say!

I heard a porter say that once too, I looked at him and his name tag called him by his name and said beg your pardon I have bad hearing but did I hear you say you wont deliver the bags. His tune change and said of course they will be on the ship.

Greedy longshoremen make 125.000 a year and have to act like a panhandler

NEVER watch them load your luggage. It is really scary. I have seen two bags go in the drink, both at NOLA. I have on several occasions seen bags dropped from the carts and run over, left in a pouring rain. The list could go on. I am sure there is a much better way to load and unload a ship, but then that would run afoul of those dock regulation and work rules. :rolleyes:

NEVER watch them load your luggage. It is really scary. I have seen two bags go in the drink, both at NOLA. I have on several occasions seen bags dropped from the carts and run over, left in a pouring rain. The list could go on. I am sure there is a much better way to load and unload a ship, but then that would run afoul of those dock regulation and work rules. :rolleyes:

Would probably not want bag back after fall in Nola port. See them fall from carts at every port where I've watched.

I am always so nervous with my bags being moved around the ship without me. Wish there was a carry on option. Despite the ticket warning not to check valuables that seems like an unreasonable expectation. The value of formal night clothing alone can max out the lost baggage allowance of some airlines... I cannot remember off hand what RCI's is but it is not too high and is inline with many airlines IIRC. I do tend to carry on my electronics and documents, and send best wishes to my valuable checked luggage haha.

Often I wear my military mess kit for formal night. That bad boy is worth quite a bit. Hopefully it never goes missing!!

I Never look! Its like watching them prepare your food. I don't want to know! I try to avoid all stress once I get on the ship. If luggage doesn't make it I'll buy clothes in the first port. It would be an inconvenience, but nothing I pack is irreplaceable.

On the right side of that photo it looks like there is another suitcase floating under the pier.

Big ziploc bags sound like a great idea now.

I think so too! It's easier to see on FB, it's huge here and a little distorted, sorry, I just copied the URL and din't process the photo. And my friend said she saw at least 3 go in!

Archived