If the price drops am I..

emt6121

I booked under the current sale in a junior suite. Since I did not book early saver, if the price drops for my 4-12-14 Elation cruise am I eligible for credit?

You are eligible for price drops up until your final payment due date.

If you have paid your cruise in full prior to that date, price drops will be given to you as an OBC.

If you have not paid off your cruise yet, the price drop will be given to you as a deduction to your balance due.

You are eligible for price drops up until your final payment due date.

If you have paid your cruise in full prior to that date, price drops will be given to you as an OBC.

If you have not paid off your cruise yet, the price drop will be given to you as a deduction to your balance due.

But it won't be automatic. You must monitor prices yourself and ask for the credit.

and what if there are no more rooms in my category available? how do I even know there is a price drop? Or am I out of luck because I'm in a popular category?

No rooms available in your category, no price drops.

You only know about price drops from monitoring Carnival (or some other site). Do a mock booking to find current price.

You may also upgrade to a higher category. For example, no more cabins available in your category (junior suite) but a grande suite drops so that it's only $10-$20 more than what you paid, you can pay the difference and upgrade. Not saying it will happen but it is another option to monitor if no more junior suites available.

Ok so for instance. Price went from 629 to 599. And im on Lido Deck, which is a extra 2.90 a day. I paid this anyway to start off with so actual price would be 619.for that category. Before it was 654. So shouldn't i still get the difference?

Carnival said the 599 is a diff category such as for the empress or Upper deck. I don't get it cause I still paid the extra up front for LIDO. Which now its cheaper. i haven't paid for all the cruise yet

Thanks!

Ok so for instance. Price went from 629 to 599. And im on Lido Deck, which is a extra 2.90 a day. I paid this anyway to start off with so actual price would be 619.for that category. Before it was 654. So shouldn't i still get the difference?

Carnival said the 599 is a diff category such as for the empress or Upper deck. I don't get it cause I still paid the extra up front for LIDO. Which now its cheaper. i haven't paid for all the cruise yet

Thanks!

You will not not get the price drop. The previous people are wrong. You are only eligible for price reductions with early saver.

Thanks!

Check fareviewer for your exact category. If the price you paid is less, you get the difference as long as you are before the final payment date. You have to check the category prices.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You will not not get the price drop. The previous people are wrong. You are only eligible for price reductions with early saver.

Not correct. As long as you are before final payment you can get the difference.

Otherwise you could just cancel and rebook because there is no penalty ;). So they do allow it....

Thanks!

The empress/upper probably won't be in the same category as the lido.

You are entitled to drops until final payment date, but they need to be the same exact category. Use this link to check your prices: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/# You need to figure out what category your booked cabin is (8A, 6B, 9C, whatever) and compare only to that same category.

This is incorrect. Everyone can get price drops up until the Final payment deadline. After that, it's only for the early savers. Also, if you booked during the sale and only paid 1/2 deposit, you will likely have to pay the remaining deposit before you get the price adjustment.

Booked and paid in full for a 5 day Eastern for Feb 2014 last week. Looked yesterday and the price of our suite dropped $130. Called Carnival and the rep said that since it is before the final pay date, they would refund me the $130 even though I paid in full. Works for me. I'll put it away and then use it to purchase Carnival Cash.

Of course, I'll keep checking the price...you never know, it could go lower :)

The empress/upper probably won't be in the same category as the lido.

You are entitled to drops until final payment date, but they need to be the same exact category. Use this link to check your prices: http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/# You need to figure out what category your booked cabin is (8A, 6B, 9C, whatever) and compare only to that same category.

Ok, Booked in 8E and The price that I paid is 70.00 More PP than what is being shown on The Fare viewer, For Instance I paid 1308.00 for 2 Cat 8E Lido and Fare view is showing 1238.00 For Cat 8E Lido. Do I get the diff? and no I haven't paid in full.

Ok, Booked in 8E and The price that I paid is 70.00 More PP than what is being shown on The Fare viewer, For Instance I paid 1308.00 for 2 Cat 8E Lido and Fare view is showing 1238.00 For Cat 8E Lido. Do I get the diff? and no I haven't paid in full.

You should be be able too.

Also when your category is sold out check the next higher one it might be cheaper. I've received 3 OBC for my boys room for a total of $234 even though their category was sold out.

:(we booked our cruise for Oct. 26 only 5 weeks ago. we were able to save a good deal when I called them directly to book it. they used the "fall/winter" sale as our price guide. Then I heard from the roll callers on my cruise that they were able to get a reduced rate when they called directly ONLY if they booked "early saver". since we didn't we are not allowed a lower rate... we paid in full when we booked and since we already got a discount, no lower rates apply. too bad!

Fare viewer doesn't show taxes/fees, so make sure you're comparing cruise fares only.

Fare viewer doesn't show taxes/fees, so make sure you're comparing cruise fares only.

I only posted the cruise fare only, The fees were 88.91 pp the the 95 for the trip insurance total I paid for two pp, ( my daughter n son n law ) was $1675.00

The Cruise fare that is showing for just balcony and upgrade to Lido which is 8E is 654 pp . Fare viewer for that cat is 8E is 619 pp. ( So my total bill would be if i get this price drop )$1605.00.. Which is 70 in savings. If I did the math right?

Archived