Breeze vs Legend

shaycamp21

DH and I are looking to do a cruise (sans kiddos) are interested in two sailings in July and can't decide between a sailing on the Breeze or the Legend. The Breeze is a newer ship which is appealing but the Legend cruise has more interesting ports IMHO (Belize, Roatan) and is a 7 day as opposed a 6 day on the Breeze, pricing is pretty similar. We have never sailed on Carnival so we don't have anything to compare it to though we are not new to cruising. We have done 4 other cruises, 3 with Disney most recently on the Fantasy (which we loved) and one with NCL (Pride of America). So I am asking you seasoned Carnival cruisers which ship / cruise you prefer and why? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated in helping us make our final decision.:D

I greatly prefer a ship the style of Breeze to the Legend's style. I thought very little of Breeze's entertainment, but I think Legend just got the same sad shows, so that's a wash. For your situation though, the Legend might work better for you. That style of ship is the least crowded of all Carnival ships, tends to be a more sedate crowd, and it will definitely draw fewer kids & families than the Breeze. Breeze, with it's awesome waterpark, ropes course, & 3D theater, is a big draw for families. (I personally would take Dream or Magic over Breeze, but that's beside the point.) For more of the atmosphere that it sounds like you're looking for, an extra day, plus better ports, it sounds like Legend is the easy winner here. Save the Breeze for when you bring the kids.

Edited by k2excursion

We have sailed both the Legend and the Breeze sans kids. We loved the Legend, the ship never felt crowded and the food was good. On the other hand the Breeze was great as well, there are more food options and things to do, but it is a bigger ship and more passengers and at times it felt crowded.

If I had to pick between the two, I would pick the Legend. The Serenity area on the Legend is great, as there is a small pool. There is no pool in the serenity area on the Breeze, just one hot tub and its located right behind the kids splash zone, so it can be a it a bit loud at times. But on either one, you will have a good time.

We also LOVED our cruise on DCL Dream.:)

The Legend hands down. IMO Carnivals Spirit class of ships is its best. The Dream class ships feel extremely crowded at all times. Narrow areas with large crowds equals no elbow room. The comedy club was disorganized and over crowded. I've done the Legend twice and would do it a 3rd time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would choose the Legend. 1) It is going to Australia soon, so its sort of the last chance to cruise the Legend. 2) Extra day. 3) It was recently updated during a drydock so has some new amenities. 4) I really like the Spirit class, it never felt crowded, though I haven't been on Breeze so I can't really compare. 5) If the ports are more interesting on the Legend, that is also something to consider.

That style of ship is the least crowded of all Carnival ships, tends to be a more sedate crowd, and it will definitely draw fewer kids & families than the Breeze..

I definitely agree, we just came of the Legend 4-27-14 and had a good time but the ship did feel empty.

Just curious, what makes you say that the Legend stykle is the least crowded?