Say it ain't so --- Limit on Lobster Tails

Good to hear there is a limit. Two is plenty. If still hungry, order another entree too!. The way some people try to pig out on those awful lobster tails is what will lead to them being eliminated completely. A reasonable limit is a good idea to save them for those that want them.

Good to hear there is a limit. Two is plenty. If still hungry, order another entree too!. The way some people try to pig out on those awful lobster tails is what will lead to them being eliminated completely. A reasonable limit is a good idea to save them for those that want them.

Agreed, I rarely even order it and when I do we get 1, maybe 2. No need to stuff your face just cause its free. Enjoy and indulge all the foods, dont over eat lobster tails to get your money's worth.

Because the next cut will be Limit 1!:mad:

Nahh, probably just 2. Maybe they should add 1 additional tail per C&A tier...

3 Tails Platinum

4 Tails Emerald

5 Tails Diamond

6 Tails Diamond +

Whatever the hell you want Pinnacle

My parents just came back from a 9 day cruise on the Legend of Seas and they claim that there is a limit of TWO Lobster Tails per person in the dining room?!?! Is this fleet wide? or just this ship?!?!?!?!?

Never experienced anything like this on Princess or Carnival....

if you are that greedy just ask your table mates who would not order them to do so and then give them to you.

Nahh, probably just 2. Maybe they should add 1 additional tail per C&A tier...

3 Tails Platinum

4 Tails Emerald

5 Tails Diamond

6 Tails Diamond +

Whatever the hell you want Pinnacle

Wow best idea ever!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My parents just came back from a 9 day cruise on the Legend of Seas and they claim that there is a limit of TWO Lobster Tails per person in the dining room?!?! Is this fleet wide? or just this ship?!?!?!?!?

Never experienced anything like this on Princess or Carnival....

It isn't wrong to limit the number per guest per dinner.....in this way it ensures that everyone that wants them can have them. It isn't as if they can call the local food supplier and have more delivered the next day.

If I'm not mistaken NCL has done away with lobster in most dining venues on most ships. From my understanding you can only get it in some of the restaurants you pay a cover for.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If I'm not mistaken NCL has done away with lobster in most dining venues on most ships. From my understanding you can only get it in some of the restaurants you pay a cover for.

So if NCL does it it's ok for RCI to follow suit.

What's the problem? Two is more than enough!

I wonder how many people would eat at home or in a restaurant t if there was a direct cost. My bet not the number that some brag about that either they or their children ate - term glutton comes to mind.

So if NCL does it it's ok for RCI to follow suit.

That's not what I said at all...just making a statement.

Wonder if its the start though!?

I wonder how many people would eat at home or in a restaurant t if there was a direct cost. My bet not the number that some brag about that either they or their children ate - term glutton comes to mind.

Touche, its sad

I don't even order the fisherman's platter any more. I do not have a dog in this fight, as the southerners say.

And I do not go on a cruise and try to "get my money's worth" in food, as so many cruisers do. I continue to eat in my same healthy manner on board as I do off.

But I think that imposing a limit here IS problematic, and not a good sign.

It certainly is easy to get around the limit, as spookwife suggested.

But in the context of so many recent changes and cutbacks, this is NOT a good sign, IMO.

if you are that greedy just ask your table mates who would not order them to do so and then give them to you.

LOL!!! Don't give anybody any ideas. Based on the gluttony I have seen on my cruises, I bet there are people who would actually do this. I feel sorry for the poor waiters who have to inform the overeaters that they have reached their limit.

I don't even order the fisherman's platter any more. I do not have a dog in this fight, as the southerners say.

And I do not go on a cruise and try to "get my money's worth" in food, as so many cruisers do. I continue to eat in my same healthy manner on board as I do off.

But in the context of so many recent changes and cutbacks, this is NOT a good sign, IMO.

I agree totally. Makes you worry and makes you wonder how far cuts will go over the coming several years :(

I totally agree.

Putting limits on things not a good sign.

It will lead to other things...

I totally agree.

Putting limits on things not a good sign.

It will lead to other things...

100% agree with you. I don't even eat lobster but a cut is a cut. How long until 1 appetizer per person? Or being allowed soup OR salad, but not both? Etc...

I hear there is no limit on Carnival. They would probably fell at home there since everyone just keeps ordering like they have never ate lobster before.

I know you love to dig at Carnival but reality is is if they don't limit it and RCI does, well, advantage Carnival no matter how you spin it.

I actually want to go back to OP's question.

Has anyone else seen this happen on board? I'm curious.

As for the debate on how much is too much. I've ordered a second helping of an entree before, but can't imagine a third.... well there was the risotto on Allure... OK scratch that moving on.

My point was going to be, a 2nd lobster tail is likely as far as 95% of cruisers out there will go, so this "limit" I doubt will make or break anything for most of us.

As for the changing the "anything you want" mindset which keeps so many of us coming back, I understand. I'd love to see some data on how many people eat more than two.

But it brings me back to a story from Monarch years ago.

It was my high school graduation present. Me & 7 friends left the day after graduation, flew to San Juan and did a 7 day on Monarch. A group of unsupervised 18-year olds probably scared the heck of crew and our fellow passengers at first, but before long most on board took a liking to us.

One night we were hanging by the pool enjoying a bucket of beer and the captain walks by and starts talking to us. He reminds us of his free champagne party that night, and lobster at dinner.

Now being from New Orleans, we loved us some seafood. A good chunk of us were ready to go throw on our suit and go drink with the captain and down some lobster.

But ultimately the group decided to stay together, avoid dressing up and hang out by the pool.

Next thing we know, 3 waiters show up at the pool. They spread butcher paper on a table and dump about 2 dozen lobsters on the table, like a mountain of crawfish. Our bartender brings over another bucket of beer, and they say "compliments of the captain"

That right there made our cruise.

and is why at 18-years old, on my first vacation without my parents I knew my next and the one after that would be on a Royal Caribbean cruise. And they were.

So, I get it, limits can make future captains less likely to do something like that, which i think

changes the RCI I feel in love with. But hopefully not.

Now if if they put limits on that risotto.....