A new Azamara cruiser's Journey on the newly refurbished Journey

margbem

Well, we have had a great cruise. So much so that we have booked another one for next year. We had only minor glitches, unlike a lot of people who had major ones. Azamara have been generous with their compensation, we think. Some think not and want their money back! We will be refunded 30% of the cost of this voyage to apply to a future one, plus 25% discount, plus onboard credit. We couldn't resist booking a Norwegian fjords cruise for next year with those offers!

The poor staff were exhausted and were evidently abused by some passengers - not their fault that things were incomplete. They were, however, brilliant. We had excellent service all cruise.

The food was very good, only a couple of times I had overcooked fish but it was speedily changed for perfect fish. Superb flavours and generous pours of, on the whole, good wines. We missed the free champagne that we usually get on Seabourn and found the cabin small but we really enjoyed our cruise. Thanks Azamara Journey and the wonderful captain, Johannes.

Oh, and the Azamazing evening was truly dreadful but we won't hold that against you! Even Eric, CD, apologised for it!

So glad you enjoyed the refurbished Journey.

What class cabin were you in- pictures already posed have been suites. I am interested to see the ones that Andy said he would post of a balcony cabin, as we have one on the Quest in September.

Have a good flight home.

Well, we have had a great cruise. So much so that we have booked another one for next year. We had only minor glitches, unlike a lot of people who had major ones. Azamara have been generous with their compensation, we think. Some think not and want their money back! We will be refunded 30% of the cost of this voyage to apply to a future one, plus 25% discount, plus onboard credit. We couldn't resist booking a Norwegian fjords cruise for next year with those offers!

The poor staff were exhausted and were evidently abused by some passengers - not their fault that things were incomplete. They were, however, brilliant. We had excellent service all cruise.

The food was very good, only a couple of times I had overcooked fish but it was speedily changed for perfect fish. Superb flavours and generous pours of, on the whole, good wines. We missed the free champagne that we usually get on Seabourn and found the cabin small but we really enjoyed our cruise. Thanks Azamara Journey and the wonderful captain, Johannes.

Oh, and the Azamazing evening was truly dreadful but we won't hold that against you! Even Eric, CD, apologised for it!

So glad you enjoyed your first Azamara cruise but sad that you reported that some of the crew were treated badly by some guests.

I can't imagine how hard they will have worked during the dry dock and as you said none of the glitches were down to them.

Can't wait to see the refurbished ship for myself. Welcome home.

Glad it was such a good cruise.

As ever there are those who just cannot behave and it is so wrong the crew have to put up with it with a smile.

Interesting Andy was more positive about the evening, but if Eric has said sorry there have to have been issues and I am sure they will be looking very closely at any repeat performances.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. People who kick up a stink and take it out on the crew should be made to walk the plank!

Phil

and they are rude people, they are just working they are not guilty of anything, how sand that people behave that way !!

:confused:

Glad you enjoyed the cruise. People who kick up a stink and take it out on the crew should be made to walk the plank!

Phil

Absolutely Phil....and I would have no problem giving them a push either. :D

I don't mind anyone making a valid complaint to the Senior Officer concerned but abusing the crew is completely unacceptable. It's just rude and ill mannered.

So glad you had a great time margbem. It does seem that the Caribbean Azamazing Evenings do not match up to the usually wonderful Med events.

Thanks for all the good wishes! We are in Miami at the moment and it is COLD!!! After high 80's in the Caribbean we miss the sun but these low temps are getting us prepared for home.

The Azamazing evening consisted of three young ballet dancers who were quite good but went on a bit. There was also a young lady with the most wonderful soprano operatic voice. This would have been great but she had a couple of very strange dresses on, the second of which had yards and yards of fabric in the skirt. She then climbed up on to a table, very inelegantly(!) and proceeded to sing with her dress hanging down so she looked tiny above this massively long dress. OK, but then when she got down she had to gather up all these yards of fabric in front of her to be able to walk. As Eric put it, she looked like a massively pregnant lady trying to walk around us. What a shame! A lovely elegant dress and the whole thing would have been transformed!

We were assured by many regular Azamara sailors that this was not the norm!

So glad you enjoyed the refurbished Journey.

What class cabin were you in- pictures already posed have been suites. I am interested to see the ones that Andy said he would post of a balcony cabin, as we have one on the Quest in September.

Have a good flight home.

We were in a window cabin on deck 4. We didn't take any photos, sorry!

We are originally from Huddersfield - where are you?

Thanks for all the good wishes! We are in Miami at the moment and it is COLD!!! After high 80's in the Caribbean we miss the sun but these low temps are getting us prepared for home.

The Azamazing evening consisted of three young ballet dancers who were quite good but went on a bit. There was also a young lady with the most wonderful soprano operatic voice. This would have been great but she had a couple of very strange dresses on, the second of which had yards and yards of fabric in the skirt. She then climbed up on to a table, very inelegantly(!) and proceeded to sing with her dress hanging down so she looked tiny above this massively long dress. OK, but then when she got down she had to gather up all these yards of fabric in front of her to be able to walk. As Eric put it, she looked like a massively pregnant lady trying to walk around us. What a shame! A lovely elegant dress and the whole thing would have been transformed!

We were assured by many regular Azamara sailors that this was not the norm!

We are on the March 16th Journey sailing and not sure if this is something we should book. Did they mention any improvements to this experience? From what you posted, does not sound like the typical Azamara special experience.

Glad it was such a good cruise.

As ever there are those who just cannot behave and it is so wrong the crew have to put up with it with a smile.

Interesting Andy was more positive about the evening, but if Eric has said sorry there have to have been issues and I am sure they will be looking very closely at any repeat performances.

Hi Uktog,

As mentioned in my "Live from" thread, there were a number of technical issues, which hurt the overall presentation, but it appeared that nothing was cut short due to the issues. I have nothing to compare it to, but it probably wasn't one of the better AzAmazing evenings... but I totally enjoyed the Opera singer, and genuinely appreciated the effort that the officers and crew made to put the evening together. On top of that, it was a beautiful night, so we we thought it was good enough. Of course, others opinions will differ.

Edited by Host Andy

For sure some are better than others depending upon location. I'd say if they bring people on it's not going to be quite so Azamazing. A lot of the fun is getting of the ship and going to new venues. The Three Tenors in Livorno and the Odeon in Ephesus are two that immediately spring to mind as being excellent. The evening in Bergen was just plain odd, but we had the best strawberries I've ever tasted and whatever the circumstances they always make a big effort.

Phil

We are on the March 16th Journey sailing and not sure if this is something we should book. Did they mention any improvements to this experience? From what you posted, does not sound like the typical Azamara special experience.

Dear Loucat, we were on a Quest cruise last year and had a great Az-Amazing evening in Kerala India, we were met by Painted elephants an were entertained with local Dancers even the Kathikali performers in very high temperatures.

We are currently en route to our second Azamara Quest cruise to Astralia and the great Barrier reef, the Az-Amazing evening is in an Aboriginal cultural centre in Cairns.

All the nights are different depending on where the ship is on the Itinerary, don't boycot it, it will be great -enjoy!

G

We also had a good Azamazing evening aboard the ship in Egypt. They brought on board a fortune teller, henna hand painter, whirling dervishes, snake show etc. The pool deck and jogging track deck were beautifully decorated and there was a great atmosphere, so it can be good when it's on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We also had a good Azamazing evening aboard the ship in Egypt. They brought on board a fortune teller, henna hand painter, whirling dervishes, snake show etc. The pool deck and jogging track deck were beautifully decorated and there was a great atmosphere, so it can be good when it's on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to that one. I thought it was strange. The funniest part was when they put a snake down the Activity Manager's trousers!

Phil

We did a similar cruise on the Quest in 2014, and also had a poor (but different) AzAmazing evening on-board in St Barts. It started out good with a kids' Carib marching band, but quickly devolved into a poor hip-hot/go-go girl raucus! Not even good reggae. Buffet was not great either.

But it's clear from all posts on AzAmazing Evenings that some are great, some mediocre, some bad --- depends on cruise location and passenger perspective.

For sure some are better than others depending upon location. I'd say if they bring people on it's not going to be quite so Azamazing. A lot of the fun is getting of the ship and going to new venues. The Three Tenors in Livorno and the Odeon in Ephesus are two that immediately spring to mind as being excellent. The evening in Bergen was just plain odd, but we had the best strawberries I've ever tasted and whatever the circumstances they always make a big effort.

Phil

Phil,

What was your evening? We are on the Quest in August and the Azamazing Evening is a Concert at Grieg Hall. Is that what your evening was?

Phil,

What was your evening? We are on the Quest in August and the Azamazing Evening is a Concert at Grieg Hall. Is that what your evening was?

No Bob. It was an evening of local entertainment held outside which consisted of people dressed from the Middle Ages reenacting songs and dances from Bergen's past. It included some dressed as "ladies of the night" flirting with the men. They had strange costumes too. As I said it was all very odd, but the food was really good. Yours sounds very good if it's at Grieg Hall. Much more cultural!

Phil

Dear Loucat, we were on a Quest cruise last year and had a great Az-Amazing evening in Kerala India, we were met by Painted elephants an were entertained with local Dancers even the Kathikali performers in very high temperatures.

We are currently en route to our second Azamara Quest cruise to Astralia and the great Barrier reef, the Az-Amazing evening is in an Aboriginal cultural centre in Cairns.

All the nights are different depending on where the ship is on the Itinerary, don't boycot it, it will be great -enjoy!

G

We attended the AzAmazing Evening in Kerala (Kochi) this past November as well and I thought it fabulous. Sometime later this month a blog I wrote about it will be published on our site.