MSC newbie help needed.

Bobblehat71

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

Currently looking at a cruise in September 2017 but cant get my head around all the options available! Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Are the different options such as Fantastica,Aurea etc worth the extra money.

I see that you get the classic drinks package with Aurea but on the 8 day sailing I am looking at its £300 pp more than Bella. The classic drinks package costs a lot less than £300 pp.

I appreciate there's a lot of other differences between the options but I am struggling to work out exactly how much this cruise will actually cost.

I am looking for a balcony room with a decent drinks package and great experience.

Any help much appreciated.

Edited by Bobblehat71

Don't be confused, we are here to help!! I must say there are SO many choices now and not just with MSC!

I think with Aurea you will get free access to the spa. However, I have never booked Aurea so I am not sure.

Regarding the drinks package, I have never felt the need for a drinks package and just pay as I go.

We have sailed on Splendida, Preziosa, Opera, Armonia (my personal favourite) and am planning on sailing the Meraviglia. We always go for the Fantastica whether inside, ocean or balcony. I chose this as we have a 7yr old and we just find it easier to have breakfast in our cabin. With the Fantastica that option is included in the cruise price.

MSC are beautiful ships with spectacular shows. However, some classes of ships do not give you full access the ship. (The front areas are dedicated to the Yacht Club). My husband wasn't at all bothered by this. I, however, missed not having a bar or area to go to that give me a bridge view!

You will have a great time whatever chose!

Don't be confused, we are here to help!! I must say there are SO many choices now and not just with MSC!

I think with Aurea you will get free access to the spa. However, I have never booked Aurea so I am not sure.

Regarding the drinks package, I have never felt the need for a drinks package and just pay as I go.

We have sailed on Splendida, Preziosa, Opera, Armonia (my personal favourite) and am planning on sailing the Meraviglia. We always go for the Fantastica whether inside, ocean or balcony. I chose this as we have a 7yr old and we just find it easier to have breakfast in our cabin. With the Fantastica that option is included in the cruise price.

MS

Hi All,

Hope you can help.

Currently looking at a cruise in September 2017 but cant get my head around all the options available! Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Are the different options such as Fantastica,Aurea etc worth the extra money.

I see that you get the classic drinks package with Aurea but on the 8 day sailing I am looking at its £300 pp more than Bella. The classic drinks package costs a lot less than £300 pp.

I appreciate there's a lot of other differences between the options but I am struggling to work out exactly how much this cruise will actually cost.

I am looking for a balcony room with a decent drinks package and great experience.

Any help much appreciated.

With Aurea you get priority boarding as well as the Allegrissimo drinks package and you get one complementary massage per cabin occupant, along with unlimited access to the thermal area of the spa.

You also get MY time dining and access to a reserved sundeck

Pete

Edited by Skier52

We chose the fantastica package, the room locations were defiantly better than Bella, and the premium drinks package and were very pleased with our choice. My husband only drinks decent whiskey (which weren't inclusive in the allegrissimo drinks package). We enjoyed the freedom of snacks and drinks on hand from the mini bar. The unlimited room service was great as well, the kids could have all they wanted at the patisserie, and I could drink French champagne all night.. That's my idea of a holiday[emoji6] The spa wasn't important to us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am a first time Divina cruiser. My question is can we bring snacks on the ship in our checked luggage? I am diabetic & there may be times when I need something to tide me over till mealtime. I know there is food on the ship but I just feel more comfortable having something with me if needed.

I am a first time Divina cruiser. My question is can we bring snacks on the ship in our checked luggage? I am diabetic & there may be times when I need something to tide me over till mealtime. I know there is food on the ship but I just feel more comfortable having something with me if needed.

Officially, no food or drink is to be brought onboard. However they don't seem to care too much about snacks. If they stop you for anything, it would be bringing on alcohol and likely a lot of alcohol.

I often a have serial bars or some other commercially packaged snack with me and they have never bothered about them.

You can bring certain items on board as highlighted in the information that was on my E-ticket last month

Guests are advised that MSC

Cruises operates the following

on-board policy with regard to

prohibited items, which include

alcohol (beer, wine, spirits,

champagne, etc.), firearms,

irons, hair straighteners,

weapons and sharp objects. Any

such items found in your

luggage when scanned during

the boarding process will

preclude embarkation. Unless a

guest disposes of such items

themselves at this point, they

will be confiscated and not

returned to the guest, without

exception. In the interest of

health and safety, beverages

and food (incl. partially eaten or

homecooked items) may not be

brought on board either.

Exception: dry, packaged and

commercially produced foods as

well as confectionary. Any guest

who fails to comply with the

security regulations laid out

above will be denied access to

the ship. Objects that are

considered to be fragile,

personal and/or valuable

(jewellery, electronics, money,

travel documents, backpacks,

medicines, diapers? etc.) must

be carried as hand luggage only

since MSC Cruises cannot accept

liability for their damage or loss.

Pete

Officially, no food or drink is to be brought onboard. However they don't seem to care too much about snacks. If they stop you for anything, it would be bringing on alcohol and likely a lot of alcohol.

I often a have serial bars or some other commercially packaged snack with me and they have never bothered about them. That's because they are allowed

Hi Amomondo

I have to say that you are not quite Correct

see the post above

How's Bedford mark IV these days?

Pete

Edited by Skier52

You can bring certain items on board as highlighted in the information that was on my E-ticket last month

such items found in your

brought on board either.

personal and/or valuable

Pete

I looked at the list and hair straighteners is on it !!!!!!!!!!!!! since when have you not been allowed these? I sailed last year and these were allowed I would think many women and maybe some men take these. I would have thought this would cause outrage a womans hair straighteners being confiscated ???????????????????? am I going to need to disguise them and smuggle them in? :D

I looked at the list and hair straighteners is on it !!!!!!!!!!!!! since when have you not been allowed these? I sailed last year and these were allowed I would think many women and maybe some men take these. I would have thought this would cause outrage a womans hair straighteners being confiscated ???????????????????? am I going to need to disguise them and smuggle them in? :D

I found this by searching the forum

It's a post by MSC's USA office

October 28th, 2013, 10:12 PM

MSC Cruises USA

Customer Care, MSC Cruises USA ~ verified Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

Default Hair Straighteners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by susyq

Hi all.

Is there ANYBODY sailing the Canaries on Armonia on 30th November? Lot's of other roll calls for other ships but nothing for this. Or am I missing it completely?

Also, just noticed somebody responding to a post about irons etc and he told a lady traveller that Curling tongs and hair straighteners were not allowed? Surely not? They are allowed on RCI ships and there can't be a lady on this planet who will go to a formal dinner without straightening her hair??? I can't anyway

Hair straighteners are allowed onboard. Sorry for any confusion.

MSC Cruises USA

You can go by what is said here or by the official wording I the online brochures or on your E-ticket.

AS per usual MSC's left hand doesn't know what its right hand is doing.

Pete

MSC are beautiful ships with spectacular shows. However, some classes of ships do not give you full access the ship. (The front areas are dedicated to the Yacht Club). My husband wasn't at all bothered by this. I, however, missed not having a bar or area to go to that give me a bridge view!

You will have a great time whatever chose!

I wouldnt have a drink , let alone consider a drinks package if we had a 7 year old with us on a cruise !

Boarding MSC Splendida on december 3rd and this is what comes in my boarding documents:

attachment.php?attachmentid=398769&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1479830474

It goes with the words I posted earlier

such items found in your

brought on board either.

personal and/or valuable

Edited by Skier52

I dont mean to hijack, but had a related question. I know you can't bring soda or alcohol on board as the ship sells those things...but what about juice boxes for kids or Capri Sun type drinks? That would really help when I go in december w/kids?