Booking disappeared

boco

Strange itinerary showing for Nov 20 th cruise on Land Discoveries when you open the view brochure section ?? Only shows as 7 day cruise with overnights in Havana and Cozumel ?? Nothing like cruise itinerary booked and where did the last 4 days go ( shows as Nov 20 - 27 ??? Tours show as per the original itinerary.

Bonnie ... WHATS UP ??

Sure hope this is not a shortened cruise as we are on a b2b and really do not want to spend 4 days in Miami between the cruises !!

Good call, Phil.

I just got word from my travel agent.

The Azamara Quest, November 20, 2017 voyage will be re-deployed to two shorter voyages that will include overnights in Havana, Cuba. Both are Miami round trip. The first cruise is 7 days and goes to Key West and Cozumel in addition to Havana. The second cruise is only 4 days and has a day at sea and the overnight in Cuba.

I'm not thrilled with my options.

Good call, Phil.

The Azamara Quest, November 20, 2017 voyage will be re-deployed to two shorter voyages that will include overnights in Havana, Cuba. Both are Miami round trip. The first cruise is 7 days and goes to Key West and Cozumel in addition to Havana. The second cruise is only 4 days and has a day at sea and the overnight in Cuba.

If this is so we are certainly not impressed with these changes !! Cuba yes ---but to cut off all other ports which were the main reason for booking this cruise . Can understand a need to change or drop one port but certainly not all and as for Cozumel overnight !!!! Why drop Cartagena ?? Grand Cayman ?? And then to repeat another stay in Cuba on the so called 4 day cruise. Sure hope there will be some sort of compensation as this cruise is not worth the prices we paid for last March !! Really disappointed with this change !!! And another thing is we will end up being charged 2 x for Cuban visas as these are 2 separate cruises !! That adds up to $300 US dollars and with the Canadain exchange rate at 35 cents on the dollar sure is costly. Another added expense.

We booked our cruise from Stockholm (August) in October 2016. Upon checking the Azamara website approx 3 weeks ago noticed our booking had been cancelled. Contacted Az who immediately told us to contact our TA. Turns out that Az (via a computer glitch) had cancelled our booking without notifying ourselves nor our TA. Lost our room and were placed in an inferior room upon the ship. Susequently, through good work from TA we have secured a better room and are happy and really looking forward to the cruise, but just be aware.

Let's see what happens. visa for us is "only" €25,00 pp, but still a €100, 00 extra for this trip and it looks like we will have the same "amazing evening" twice in Havana:).

Hope to hear something official soon from Azmara

Bob en Cor

Let's see what happens. visa for us is "only" €25,00 pp, but still a €100, 00 extra for this trip and it looks like we will have the same "amazing evening" twice in Havana:).

Hope to hear something official soon from Azmara

Bob en Cor

Bob you may like to read the information we have been given about our cruise to Havana on the Quest. See the Roll Call for the Azaleas and Bourban Street cruise. Because we are on a US ship sailing from Miami we are subject to US regulations and have to purchase the special US Visa for $75 from AZ, even if we go ahead and obtain a visa in the U.K. beforehand!

Bob you may like to read the information we have been given about our cruise to Havana on the Quest. See the Roll Call for the Azaleas and Bourban Street cruise. Because we are on a US ship sailing from Miami we are subject to US regulations and have to purchase the special US Visa for $75 from AZ, even if we go ahead and obtain a visa in the U.K. beforehand!

Note that other cruise lines seem to be charging £15 (€18) for a Cuba visa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bonnie--- could you please explain Azamaras thinking in making such drastic changes to this cruise itinerary ?? Understand a small change to add Cuba but this is really a major overhaul !! For those of us who have booked b2b it has now become a b2b2b with the exact same Cuba call on the first 2 portions. The itineries on the first 2 " new cruises " is more in tune with a Carnival cruise line style not at all indicative of an Azamara quality cruise !! Where was the thought in this decision when altering the itinerary. Most of us base our decision on what cruises to book by the posted itinerary but in this case the whole shebang has been altered. Sorry for the rant but this is very dissappointing and yes we know we can cancel but sort of hard to do when you have flights booked at both ends !!

Guess our frustration shows !!

Good call, Phil.

On the plus side, since you will now be doing a back to back, you should be eligible for OBC

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan/extended-voyages-program

Are these cruise lines also US based and subject to the US regulations?

The one I had heard about was MSC which is not based in the US, Thomson & Royal Caribbean seem to be telling passengers to get their own visa and NCL is charging $75, same as Azamara. I've also seen some information that suggests that Delta airlines charge $50.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Good call, Phil.

I can understand why. Hopefully as it's such a significant change you might get the option to cancel if that suits you better. Looks like the target market is the quick trip to check Cuba market. 😠

I can understand why. Hopefully as it's such a significant change you might get the option to cancel if that suits you better. Looks like the target market is the quick trip to check Cuba market. 😠

You hit the nail on the head UKtog !! Unfortunately the quick trip to Cuba market sounds like something Carnival would do not something one would expect of Azamara !! To alter an itinerary this significantly must really benefit Azamara as it certainly does not benefit those already booked on this cruise. Really too bad ! Certainly not what we expected from Azamara!

Received this from our TA. This cuise is follwed by a 4day Cuba trip. Compensationplan is under way.

Mon 20Nov2017

Miami, Florida

-

6:00 PM

Tue 21Nov2017

Key West, Florida

8:00 AM

Wed 22Nov2017

Havana, Cuba

8:00 AM

-

Thu 23Nov2017

Havana, Cuba

-

Fri 24Nov2017

Cozumel, Mexico

-

Sat 25Nov2017

Cozumel, Mexico

-

5:00 PM

Sun 26Nov2017

Cruising

-

-

Mon 27Nov2017

Miami, Florida

6:00 AM

I spoke to my Azamara contact. They are effectively cancelling the November 20 sailing. Before the 2 new sailings are opened for bookings, all guests on the cancelled sailing will be contacted (as of next week apparently) and asked if they wish to rebook either one or both of the new sailings, or one of five other Caribbean sailings "at a protected rate" - whatever that means. If you re-book, as compensation, Suite guests get $1,000 OBC. (I don't know what the amount is for other categories but assume slightly lower.) If you don't rebook, you get a refund. The whole process is apparently kicking off next week.

Floris

My travel agent has explained that the protected rate is the lowest price ever offered for the cruise that you are booking and you are correct that this offer is only for 5 particular cruises. The holiday cruises are not included. All other cruises will be charged at the current rate. My question is whether or not they are including discounts such as book inside and get a balcony or buy one get one 1/2 off when they determine the protected price.

Cancellation with a full refund is also an option.

Rebooking a suite gets you $1000 OBC. All other categories get $500 OBC.

We are also on this cruise and disappointed with the new itineraries. I noticed the new sailings were available for booking online yesterday but no notice from Azamara regarding the change yet.

Thanks to everyone from Cruise Critic for the information. Hopefully we will be notified soon. We booked directly with Azamara.

I spoke to my Azamara contact. They are effectively cancelling the November 20 sailing. Before the 2 new sailings are opened for bookings, all guests on the cancelled sailing will be contacted (as of next week apparently) and asked if they wish to rebook either one or both of the new sailings, or one of five other Caribbean sailings "at a protected rate" - whatever that means. If you re-book, as compensation, Suite guests get $1,000 OBC. (I don't know what the amount is for other categories but assume slightly lower.) If you don't rebook, you get a refund. The whole process is apparently kicking off next week.

Floris

In our case we get to book on the 7 day for the same price we paid for our 11 day cruise and if we wish to book the 4 day it will cost another 3000 US$ Certainly does not seem to be a fair solution to the changes made that were completely out of our control. It is like being "kicked to the curb "for 4 days as we either pay up or take a costly 4 day hotel stay in Miami whilst waiting to board (what was to be a b2b ) the Dec 1-9 cruise.

Oh we do get $500 OBC as for the change from 11 to 7. Feeling really disillusioned with Azamara at this point.

Ends up being a nice money grab for Azamara

Not impressed