Trying to justify Cheers Program. Can someone post current prices of drinks w/tips

I remember seeing a while back someone posted current prices of various drinks w/tip.

I'd like to look this over as we are "considering" Cheers for our next Cruise in October.

I've compared the prices to the only sail & sign bill I can find from our 2011 cruise and it looks almost like a wash based off the price of Cheers. However, I'm sure in 6 years the price on drinks has increased.

Does someone have a list of current drink prices please. IE Beers, Wine, Moquito, Jack & Coke, etc.

I know it says it doesn't include drinks in souvenir cups.

One thing to think about with cheers is you can try different drinks your normally would not try. If you don't like it you have 15 a day so no big deal. Especially if you have an alchemy bar on your cruise. If you don't but it you will be Likely to not try different things. I enjoy the freedom of pre paying and then ordering anything I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Those prices above are a little low compared to last week on the Paradise, about $1 each. Most frozen drinks were $8.95+tip, beer $6.95+, simple mixed drinks $7.95+, martinis were $10.95+.

Edited by ray98

It's a nobrainer for me. If you drink soda, coffee and even just have 6 to 8 drinks a day, it's a screamin deal. A few sodas and a couple starbucks put you at $20. I pulled the plug yesterday and got it for our July cruise

Those prices above are a little low compared to last week on the Paradise, about $1 each. Most frozen drinks were $8.95+tip, beer $6.95+, simple mixed drinks $7.95+, martinis were $10.95+.

Really? That's a big jump on beer in a few months. It was almost all $5.50-6.25 three months ago.

3d6ec83978d6e60bd65615a6f789b03b.jpg

49b42c2789000abb96afe87f94fa76ec.jpg

Edited by Saint Greg

I know the deal is everyone 21 and over in the same cabin has to purchase CHEERS, but I am curious if they have to be purchased at the same time. If there are 3 over 21 in the cabin, can you purchase 1 CHEERS for pax 1, then a couple weeks later purchase another CHEERS for pax 2, then a few weeks later purchase for PAX 3, so they all have it before the sail date, but did not have to purchase all 3 at the same time.

I know the deal is everyone 21 and over in the same cabin has to purchase CHEERS, but I am curious if they have to be purchased at the same time. If there are 3 over 21 in the cabin, can you purchase 1 CHEERS for pax 1, then a couple weeks later purchase another CHEERS for pax 2, then a few weeks later purchase for PAX 3, so they all have it before the sail date, but did not have to purchase all 3 at the same time.

I think once you attempt to buy cheers it will only allow you to buy it for everyone over 21 in the cabin

We had Cheers on our cruise last summer. Everynight we went to the bar in the steakhouse (you don't need to be eating dinner there to go to the bar) and had a pre-dinner glass of champagne that was about $20 per glass and took a glass of wine with us to dinner. Definitely worth having the cheers package.

One thing to think about with cheers is you can try different drinks your normally would not try. If you don't like it you have 15 a day so no big deal. Especially if you have an alchemy bar on your cruise. If you don't but it you will be Likely to not try different things.

I never thought about it that way. I think you just sold Cheers to someone who wouldn't have otherwise considered it.

It's easy to justify to me. 5-7 drinks a day is pretty easy. Coffee, soda, water, shakes etc. Make it really easy for me to see how we could spend more than the cheers program costs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Looking at the Red Frog Pub menu, with the Cheers package, can you order the pitcher of Spiked Lemonade or Margaritas and Yards or frozen Twisters? Would those count as 1 since they are under the maximum price? I know you are not allowed to purchase the buckets or beer

Tips and or additional tips...

This is a very common question. Yes, when you purchase the CHEERS package there is a 15% gratuity already added. Essentially you could go all cruise without adding additional tips. I however, like to add tips when I have a certain bar tender or bar waiter who is giving above and beyond friendly service. At home if I receive excellent service at a restaurant I give more than the 15-20% suggested, so on a cruise I do the same thing.

It is completely up to you. They do appreciate any extra given. Like with a lot of service workers, their tips are really the bulk of their income.

Looking at the Red Frog Pub menu, with the Cheers package, can you order the pitcher of Spiked Lemonade or Margaritas and Yards or frozen Twisters? Would those count as 1 since they are under the maximum price? I know you are not allowed to purchase the buckets or beer

No, you can't get pitchers and yards or tubes of beer. Not even a floater, which makes zero sense to me. You just need to wait 5 minutes and add an extra full shot of rum to your frozen drink.

The best bang for your buck though is the Alchemy Bar, where the mixologists put together some great concoctions for you to consume using fresh ingredients, not the syrupy sugar crap that most of the bars use.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app