Would you choose 6 days on Azamara Quest or 11 days on Eclipse?

webecruzin2

It's been almost a year since we've sailed on Celebrity and 3 years since we've sailed on Azamara.

We now have to decide on a 6 day Quest or 11 day Eclipse Caribbean cruise and time is of the essence.

The location of the cabins are almost identical, we're just trying to compare the best value.

We're not big drinkers these days. Maybe a glass of wine at lunch, a beer or gin and tonic at the pool and some wine with dinner so buying drink packages doesn't seem necessary.

It seems there have been some changes as to what Azamara includes in the cruise fare these days and would appreciate opinions and advice as to what would be the pros and cons of each cruise line.

Also we have liked Concierge class in the past but have read it's not all that it used to be. Would we be just as well with a SV cabin?

As a side note I do love my fancy coffee drinks in the morning and after dinner as well.

We are Elite with Celebrity btw. Thanks in advance!

Edited by webecruzin2
Addition of info

I would think that you have the answer to your question. You have sailed on both and have had first hand experience and should know what the best value is to you.

Why ask others what they think or feel?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I'm not sure if you are saying both cruises are in the Caribbean, the difference being small ship vs. large ship and # of days. I would think it depends on what is more important to you - the small ship experience or a longer vacation.

not in a million years would I take 6 days over 11 given the quality of Eclipse. If you'd have said 11 days on Aida or Carnival then maybe I'd have taken Azamara.

I could not have said it any better than this. 11 over 6 for me too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have only cruised once on Azamara. Azamara ship are to small for us. If Azamara is going to ports that you have not been to and want to visit, then go for it. If your cruising just to cruise, then I would go with Celebrity.

6-7 days is a short reprieve from the outside world. I find that it requires between 11-14 days to truly decompress and enjoy. I have not sailed on Azamara, however no matter how much better anything is....Celebrity is a wonderful experience and I would always opt for more days.

I would think that you have the answer to your question. You have sailed on both and have had first hand experience and should know what the best value is to you.

Why ask others what they think or feel?

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Six days is a very short vacation. The itinerary and ship would have to be very special indeed for me to even consider it when compared to a trip almost twice as long.

not in a million years would I take 6 days over 11 given the quality of Eclipse. If you'd have said 11 days on Aida or Carnival then maybe I'd have taken Azamara.

These 2 posts sum it up perfectly.

I would choose 11 over 6.

Hope you enjoy!

Thanks to most of you for letting me know that 11 days is better than 6.:confused: I never would have thought of that.:rolleyes:

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough or some of you didn't read through the rest of my concerns.

It's not so much the length of the cruise but the quality and the included amenities we're interested in.

If anyone has any recent experience with either X or Azamara and would like to share comparisons and opinions, thanks!

We have done several sailings on Azamara and just 2 on Celebrity. One on Millenium and one on Eclipse.

We are sailing on Constellation in December.

Azamara was our first experience of cruising and we love everything about those 2 ships.

However the cost of 7 days on Azamara in 2017 is just about the price we paid for our first cruise of 14 days in 2009. This was in a balcony cabin.

If money was no object we would choose Azamara every time, the intimate small ship experience we think is wonderful.

We were advised to book Aqua class on Celebrity by seasoned cruisers and really enjoyed the intimate restaurant feel of Blu.

Millenium gave us that, but my husband felt Blu on Eclipse didnt deliver that same experience.

We hope Constellation will!

I think you have a bit of a dilemma.

Good luck!

Jen

Agree with the first part, but not the second. We happen to like Carnival, and I am intrigued by AIDA...So the longer cruise would win anyway. EM