RCI Harmony | 29-Sep-2018 | Roll Call - President's cruise

balkor2

OK, sooooo... I've come to the conclusion that there is no good time to have the FOD meeting lol. There are so many activities on this ship, along with it being the President's Cruise, that I think there will be even more events going on that aren't advertised in the Cruise Compass. So, here is my suggestion- I have a feeling that with the number of people on-board that there will be quite a few folks that may want to attend the meeting. What if we do two a day?? In looking at the dinner/activity schedule why don't we have a happy hour at 5:00 p.m. and then an 'after dinner' meeting at 9:30 p.m.? That way folks have more flexibility with their schedules. We could do both at Bolero's. Let me know your thoughts :)

Say 4:30p since our MDR is 5:30p :)

Personally have not been in Bolero's during the day but in the evenings there have been bands which I would feel would be difficult to "meet" and talk over a live band LOL

But on the Allure is Champagne, here seems there is the Bonic Bar, Maybe that would be an easier place to meet and talk for the pre dinner. Then after words we can see how what in regards to Bolero's. It very well might be a good place

Say 4:30p since our MDR is 5:30p :)

Personally have not been in Bolero's during the day but in the evenings there have been bands which I would feel would be difficult to "meet" and talk over a live band LOL

But on the Allure is Champagne, here seems there is the Bonic Bar, Maybe that would be an easier place to meet and talk for the pre dinner. Then after words we can see how what in regards to Bolero's. It very well might be a good place

We could definitely do Bionic Bar at 4:30 or there is also Schooner Bar. Bionic Bar seems to be centrally located but doesn't have a lot of seating (which actually might encourage people to mingle). Schooner Bar looks like it has a larger seating area and more room at the bar.

What we could also think about doing is putting a time range instead of just a starting time. That way maybe if people have plans or a schedule conflict they will see that the gathering is from 4:30-10:30 for instance. Or we could even do that and list it as a "happy hour/meet & greet" during a certain time but also put that it is a 24 hour LGBTQ "meetup spot".

The cruise lines just need to create a 24 hour gay bar to eliminate all this work lol.

We could definitely do Bionic Bar at 4:30 or there is also Schooner Bar. Bionic Bar seems to be centrally located but doesn't have a lot of seating (which actually might encourage people to mingle). Schooner Bar looks like it has a larger seating area and more room at the bar.

What we could also think about doing is putting a time range instead of just a starting time. That way maybe if people have plans or a schedule conflict they will see that the gathering is from 4:30-10:30 for instance. Or we could even do that and list it as a "happy hour/meet & greet" during a certain time but also put that it is a 24 hour LGBTQ "meetup spot".

The cruise lines just need to create a 24 hour gay bar to eliminate all this work lol.

Meeting times sounds like the perfect way to go.

On other ships, Schooner Bar, was the best place. Good service, great for people watching, etc. So maybe by Day 4p > 8p Schooner Bar & at Night 9p > 1a Boleros? As mentioned, We know nothing of Boleros as in drinks, service, entertainment, etc. I know we have been in Champagne Bar and it is a great place for social and drinks, But have noticed there isn't one on this ship.

An option for those that doesn't like all the noise, would be Vintages. Now they don't have the full service as Boleros and Schooner, but they have wine (great social drink) and tapas $

So to continue the thought on this is maybe:

12 > 4 Vintages [social place]

4 > 8 Schooner [bar, hanging]

9 > 1a Boleros [those that like to dirty dance err umm Salsa LOL]

What do you think? Feedback is always AWESOME

BUT TOTALLY agree we need a Gay Bar 24/7, solves that probably

Meeting times sounds like the perfect way to go.

On other ships, Schooner Bar, was the best place. Good service, great for people watching, etc. So maybe by Day 4p > 8p Schooner Bar & at Night 9p > 1a Boleros? As mentioned, We know nothing of Boleros as in drinks, service, entertainment, etc. I know we have been in Champagne Bar and it is a great place for social and drinks, But have noticed there isn't one on this ship.

An option for those that doesn't like all the noise, would be Vintages. Now they don't have the full service as Boleros and Schooner, but they have wine (great social drink) and tapas $

So to continue the thought on this is maybe:

12 > 4 Vintages [social place]

4 > 8 Schooner [bar, hanging]

9 > 1a Boleros [those that like to dirty dance err umm Salsa LOL]

What do you think? Feedback is always AWESOME

BUT TOTALLY agree we need a Gay Bar 24/7, solves that probably

That sounds great! Let's do 12-4 Vintages, 4-8 Schooner, and 9-1 Boleros. Who should post it on the bulletin board? I'm planning on getting on fairly early but I know nothing about the Harmony boarding process. I'm planning on getting to the port at around 10:30ish.

That sounds great! Let's do 12-4 Vintages, 4-8 Schooner, and 9-1 Boleros. Who should post it on the bulletin board? I'm planning on getting on fairly early but I know nothing about the Harmony boarding process. I'm planning on getting to the port at around 10:30ish.

My expectation is the Hotel will be shuttling us whatever the coordinated time is. In the past times they have at 10a another was 1p. So we (there are four of us) will be on the ship when we get on. My hope is early.

My assumption will be that once you go through security you will go into a holding area until "the gates open". Upon the boarding process, you will then go up the stairs to the ship. Which is what happen the first time on the Allure. Same as when we went on Anthem. Now last time on Allure it was a much quicker process but we were on later then the previous.

So what I will do is, when we get on board, we will go by guest services and look. If I see the sign then we will know you were there first LOL. If not we will fill one out.

After which we will go to Deck Five (5) "Boot & Bonnet Pub" across from 'Sorrentos Pizza' to sit and have a cocktail.

I think Bob from Pittsburgh w/ friend Stacey will meet us there also

My expectation is the Hotel will be shuttling us whatever the coordinated time is. In the past times they have at 10a another was 1p. So we (there are four of us) will be on the ship when we get on. My hope is early.

My assumption will be that once you go through security you will go into a holding area until "the gates open". Upon the boarding process, you will then go up the stairs to the ship. Which is what happen the first time on the Allure. Same as when we went on Anthem. Now last time on Allure it was a much quicker process but we were on later then the previous.

So what I will do is, when we get on board, we will go by guest services and look. If I see the sign then we will know you were there first LOL. If not we will fill one out.

After which we will go to Deck Five (5) "Boot & Bonnet Pub" across from 'Sorrentos Pizza' to sit and have a cocktail.

Alright, that sounds like a plan. Hopefully, we can get a good group of folks to attend. Just out of curiosity where are ya'll staying prior to the cruise? I'm staying at the Crown Plaza right near the port. Also, are any of you attending the Cruise Critic meet & greet?

Were staying in a hotel in "Hollywood", kind of an old hotel [Quality Inn]. This will be our third time in that hotel (meets all of our needs while being reasonable in price with shuttle services)

Yes we are (all four) going to the Meet & Mingle

Are you both?

Did you reserve your entertainment?

Were staying in a hotel in "Hollywood", kind of an old hotel [Quality Inn]. This will be our third time in that hotel (meets all of our needs while being reasonable in price with shuttle services)

Yes we are (all four) going to the Meet & Mingle

Are you both?

Did you reserve your entertainment?

I'm going to the Meet & Mingle but I'm unsure if Bryan and Sean are going. I mentioned it to them.

We have not reserved any entertainment yet. We were on Allure a few years ago though and we didn't do it on that sailing. In retrospect it would have helped us get into the shows we wanted to see. That being said, I feel like we were able to see everything that we wanted to even without reservations though we didn't always have the best seats. That's the only thing that I'm not a huge fan of. I like to kind of play it by ear but that can be difficult to do on a ship this size. We'll figure it out though. To be honest I'm even more hesitant to make any reservations on this cruise because I don't want to miss any of the "special events" for the President's Cruise.

I'm going to the Meet & Mingle but I'm unsure if Bryan and Sean are going. I mentioned it to them.

We have not reserved any entertainment yet. We were on Allure a few years ago though and we didn't do it on that sailing. In retrospect it would have helped us get into the shows we wanted to see. That being said, I feel like we were able to see everything that we wanted to even without reservations though we didn't always have the best seats. That's the only thing that I'm not a huge fan of. I like to kind of play it by ear but that can be difficult to do on a ship this size. We'll figure it out though. To be honest I'm even more hesitant to make any reservations on this cruise because I don't want to miss any of the "special events" for the President's Cruise.

So far that we are aware of ... Michael Bolton is the Headliner, Billy Ocean is Labadee.

This is the third Presidential cruise, and I am sure there wont be any "surprise" you need to drop everything.

That being said, from what I understand there will be only two Michael Bolton's and one Billy Ocean. BUT BUT BUT I totally understand. I booked the cruise for us for over a year ago and waited and waited and waited to schedule anything

So far that we are aware of ... Michael Bolton is the Headliner, Billy Ocean is Labadee.

This is the third Presidential cruise, and I am sure there wont be any "surprise" you need to drop everything.

That being said, from what I understand there will be only two Michael Bolton's and one Billy Ocean. BUT BUT BUT I totally understand. I booked the cruise for us for over a year ago and waited and waited and waited to schedule anything

I'm really excited to see Michael Bolton and for the beach party at Labadee. My friend Bryan is a spectacular singer and likes to sing karaoke so I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time there as well.

I've been looking at things to do in St. Thomas and my normal spot at Frenchman's Cove looks like it is in bad shape from the hurricane so I'm leaning towards taking a ferry to Honeymoon Beach. I'm still looking for something to do in Puerto Rico. I typically don't get off the ship in Nassau as I'm not a huge fan of that port.

Have you guys been to Puerto Rico before?

I'm really excited to see Michael Bolton and for the beach party at Labadee. My friend Bryan is a spectacular singer and likes to sing karaoke so I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of time there as well.

I've been looking at things to do in St. Thomas and my normal spot at Frenchman's Cove looks like it is in bad shape from the hurricane so I'm leaning towards taking a ferry to Honeymoon Beach. I'm still looking for something to do in Puerto Rico. I typically don't get off the ship in Nassau as I'm not a huge fan of that port.

Have you guys been to Puerto Rico before?

As for ST Thomas, the last time we were here, the place was not well. Additionally the excursion we had purchased was canceled and did not choose another. This time we chose

Flavors of St. Thomas Culinary Tour

Which should be awesome.

Nassau, we all are going to walk down the "Fish Fry" and have a local dish.

Puerto Rico, a friend with us has not been to PR in forever and ever. So we will walk around in the area for him to see again. Then for lunch end up at Senor Frog for the PARTY lol!! It was a blast the last time we were there :)

We look forward to meeting you all!

Ready to go now!!

Especially with the hole or whole "Florence" blowing along at CAT 4 ~ expected to hit CAT 5 (heard through the vines)

We'll just let the Atlantic get everything out of her system for now so that we can have some smooth sailing :) Seriously though I hope everyone stays safe on the east coast and that my coworkers are able to rescue those in need.

We'll just let the Atlantic get everything out of her system for now so that we can have some smooth sailing :) Seriously though I hope everyone stays safe on the east coast and that my coworkers are able to rescue those in need.

All is well, nothing to report from the storm. Pray all is well south of us for there has been issues.

I will also be on this cruise. Travelling solo so hoping to meet up with everyone.

Andrew

Welcome Andrew!! Hope to meet you at one of the gatherings. We actually have a decent amount of LGTBQ folks that will be on this sailing. Look for us at the FOD meetings. The times/locations will be posted on the message board near guest services :)