Hapag-LLoyd Europa 2.

English Voyager

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are the itineraries released for German speakers, before the English versions make their way online?

I just got the email to say the new Europa 2 2019-2020 catalogue had been released, and so I went onto the website to check the new schedules (which weren't there when I looked a couple of weeks ago). However, I see the Valparaiso to Rio cruise in Jan/Feb 2020 is already entirely sold out. Is this possible, or is it an error?

Are the itineraries released for German speakers, before the English versions make their way online?

I just got the email to say the new Europa 2 2019-2020 catalogue had been released, and so I went onto the website to check the new schedules (which weren't there when I looked a couple of weeks ago). However, I see the Valparaiso to Rio cruise in Jan/Feb 2020 is already entirely sold out. Is this possible, or is it an error?

In November Hapag-Lloyd issue a German language Preview Brochure on the strength of which one can take options on specific cruises.

When prices are subsequently released one can either confirm, or cancel, an option.

The following thread is from November of last year:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2567351

Thanks for the extra info - guess that particular cruise is pretty popular!

In November Hapag-Lloyd issue a German language Preview Brochure on the strength of which one can take options on specific cruises.

When prices are subsequently released one can either confirm, or cancel, an option.

The following thread is from November of last year:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2567351

• 1 month later...

If it is an itinerary you are particularly interested in, check again later. We wanted to go from Buenos Aires to Iquito on one of the 2 new H-L expeditions ships that aren't even built yet. Date is 2020. The Amazon was immediately sold out on the German booking site. Half a year later, it was available and we reserved a cabin.

A similar thing happened when Oceania offered their first world cruise. Sold out immediately, then cabins became available again and they started selling segments.

• 3 months later...

i was on board for this short cruise - despite the lavish party and gala dinner or buffet ( there was a choice ) i will not repeat that particular cruise announced already for 2020

Moët champagne was served out of magnum and double magnums

i am far more into gastronomy as into fashion

also there were a lot of guests on board "to be seen "

aside that the ms Europa 2 was great as usual

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Europa 2 definitely does high tea every day 4-5, with a pianist playing. I did not go every day on my two times there but recall no themed teatime.

Their teatime is even more fancy than on Europa, as there were about 30 different teas you could select from, ( mostly loose leaf) and the cake etc display was larger ( more pax).

Service was excellent and ambience civilized, no loud yellers.

I had fun exploring, as I knew so little about teas ( a few basic favorites, am mostly a strong coffee gal).

For the hardcore coffee drinkers there are also special coffees served in the same venue. Germans are more coffee than tea drinkers, unless ill or taking something medicinal, but you would not guess it looking at the elaborate tea menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A reasonable way to figure out if there are any Brits on board, and who they are, (reception won’t tell you who and where they are, for privacy reasons, though they may tell you how many) is to go to high tea on the E2 or

Europa a couple times, and listen for their proper and beautiful pronunciations of the English language . If present at all, they are a tiny island mixed in between the German pax talking German and some German crew or pax stiffly talking school and college English to a few entertainers who speak no German ( Spanish, Russian, etc.)

Eventually, the Brits will likely surface at tea, especially if it is a sea day (though usually unaccompanied by geishas :)), and you can decide if you want to approach them.

On the Europa a couple years ago, that is how I approached and met a very nice couple, and had tea with them a couple times, we had some interesting talks. On my latest cruise, I heard a couple people who were likely Brits talking at tea time, but they were surprisingly and uncharacteristically loud over the piano music. Based on the topics of their conversations, I decided to pass on approaching them, so I just eavesdropped instead in between listening to the piano music.

On the E2, the ship also offers a cocktail get-together for international pax early in the cruise ( last fall there were a couple dozen, though mostly Americans, where the cruise was along the U.S. coast).

Tea is held in the beautiful Belvedere lounge in the bow of the ship, equivalent to the observation lounge on SB. It is a wonderful, oddly underutilized venue.

On the E2 you can also get sit-down tea and coffee there earlier in the day, e.g., late morning, but without the the piano music and with less people, very calming.

I eagerly await the advance release of new itineraries this month ( unknown when) for both the E2 and the Europa for mid-2020 and beyond. If solo, you have to jump on them.

I know I will be pursuing an Ocean Sun Festival booking on the Europa in 2020, wherever and whenever it is, and have deliberately made no other travel commitments for that year until I see the schedule. Hopefully my illnesses will also stay in reasonable check until then ( so far so good). If the E2 were to also have a classical music fest, I would try and book that too, with or without DH ( I hope to drag him back there, even though he somewhat preferred SB).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Best tea selection with the highest quality tea on any cruise line I know.

Is it Ronnefeldt on the E2 as well? I always get Ronnefeldt care packages sent to me in Australia. While I have found some decent tea here, the prices are incredibly high. :rolleyes:

Is it Ronnefeldt on the E2 as well? I always get Ronnefeldt care packages sent to me in Australia. While I have found some decent tea here, the prices are incredibly high. :rolleyes:

It was in March this year:D:D:D My favorite is Morgentau....