specialty kids dining

krs216

Hello. I'll be cruising on AOTS in August with my husband, 7 and 6 year old. I want to book some specialty restaurants. The menu's look very good , but do they also have kids menus. What kind of stuff do they have on it? Also, are some of the restaurants more kid friendly than others?

TIA!

They do have a kids (under 12) menu with kid-friendly options. I don't have a copy but hopefully someone will post it for you. They have a kids price too ($10) if they order off the kids menu. You can't reserve in advance the kids price. You can book in advance the total number of guests at the adult price and they will refund the difference for the kids in the form on OBC.

The best deal was my 10 year old eating nearly the entire Wonderland menu for the "kids menu" price on Anthem. She wants to go back.

Also, Izumi is ala carte, so no upfront charge, and you just pay for what you order (and free edamame). Not sure if they have a kids menu at that one,. My picky 8 year old loves their miso soup as long as we pick out the "leaves".

Our kids were trained from birth to ignore kids menus and eat the real food. By age four they ate what we ate when out land or sea. By age eight they were eating portions as big as DW. The youngest is now age ten and she has been telling me she will be having scallops every night on our fast approaching fourteen-nighter; at age eight she ordered pheasant on a Princess cruise ("I'll have the pheasant please" was not what the server was expecting to hear).

Kids very rapidly adapt - just present them with proper food choices and within a few days they'll be eating them.

The best deal was my 10 year old eating nearly the entire Wonderland menu for the "kids menu" price on Anthem. She wants to go back.

Also, Izumi is ala carte, so no upfront charge, and you just pay for what you order (and free edamame). Not sure if they have a kids menu at that one,. My picky 8 year old loves their miso soup as long as we pick out the "leaves".

Licky you! They wouldn't let us do that on Harmony. My brothers children had to pay full price if the kids wanted to eat off the regular Wonderland menu.

Our kids were trained from birth to ignore kids menus and eat the real food. By age four they ate what we ate when out land or sea. By age eight they were eating portions as big as DW. The youngest is now age ten and she has been telling me she will be having scallops every night on our fast approaching fourteen-nighter; at age eight she ordered pheasant on a Princess cruise ("I'll have the pheasant please" was not what the server was expecting to hear).

Kids very rapidly adapt - just present them with proper food choices and within a few days they'll be eating them.

Not all people are the same. I have two very different children when it comes to food. I have one who has always been adventurous and willing to try new things, and one who is very picky, does not like certain textures and has some (at least to me) unusual preferences for a small child. With her we've learned that it's better not to fight it.

Ultimately eating is about getting nutrients into your body first and experience second.

At restaurants, our kids order off the kids menu because it's about portions and pricing. On the ship, if it's a pay restaurant, they aren't getting the kids menu, because I'm not going to pay for them to eat something they can get for free elsewhere. We didn't bring our younger one to Wonderland for that reason.

All of the specialty restaurants now allow kids....no worries. The "kids menu" will have the typical foods....chicken fingers, mac and cheese...that sort of stuff....

Not true. The kids' menus are modified versions of the adult menus for the $10 price. Only the little ones (I think under 5) get the chicken finger, Mac and cheese menus for free.

My kids love eating in the specialty restaurants, and we love the 10$ price. It is a modified menu of the adult offerings. My 11year old is looking forward to her first time in 150 Central Park on our upcoming Christmas cruise.

Kids menu in specialty dining (the one that attracts the flat charge) is a simplified version of the adult specialty menu. The MDR kids menu (pizza, nuggets, other garbage) is available at no charge as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Is it under 12 for the $10 charge or 12 and under?

We will have a child in our group who turns 12 2 days before our sailing and want to pass on the correct info to her parents.

TIA

Bill

This is what it says on the latest dining package flyer I have seen:

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for just $10. Age 5 and under eat free!

Plus, little sailors get their very own menu – a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the “grownups” menu.

I sure hope this holds true! My 7yo is eager to try the Wonderland menu and refuses chicken fingers and pizza. If we have to pa full adult rate for her, may have to reconsider how many nights we opt for in the package.

Sent from my iPad using Forums