Buenos Aires tour to Iguazu Falls

Kybabe

What other hotels aside from the Melia might be good choices? We are looking at booking with Diego for next year and want to choose our hotel wisely.

I would not hesitate to stay at the Melia considering all the updating going on, really good food for us, the ease of walking out and going on one of the paths to the Falls.

What other hotels aside from the Melia might be good choices? We are looking at booking with Diego for next year and want to choose our hotel wisely.

Good question - we would like to book with Diego but he doesn’t seem to offer Melia in his hotel options with his tour packages.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Would you mind sharing Diego contact info? Many Thanks.

Good question - we would like to book with Diego but he doesn’t seem to offer Melia in his hotel options with his tour packages.

Our traveling companion friend is the point person for Iguazu. He has actually called Diego several times on the toll free # 877-987-8482 and discussed various options, but not hotels as yet, as we won't qualify for the weekday deal given our schedules. The website is www.discoveriguazufalls.com.

Our traveling companion friend is the point person for Iguazu. He has actually called Diego several times on the toll free # 877-987-8482 and discussed various options, but not hotels as yet, as we won't qualify for the weekday deal given our schedules. The website is www.discoveriguazufalls.com.

@TMLAslum Appreciate the info, thanks! Will call Diego to explore tour options...

Seasoned BA and Iguazu Falls travelers, your tips and assistance are desperately needed for

Perplexed on the itinerary options of:

1. Splitting the stay at BA with visiting the Falls in the middle, pre-cruise

pro: hotel can hold check-in luggage,

con: RT from BA to Falls, travel time wasted in transit, need to arrange more transfers for transit

or

2. Head straight to the Falls first from US and then stay in BA pre-cruise

pro: ease of transit and save time

con: only carry-on allowed for flight to IGR (Falls), airport transfer bet EZE and AEP bc AEP has flights to IGR that can be connected from arrival flight in EZE, possible safety issue at AEP regarding 'bags').

Would really appreciate anyone sharing their experience and how these supposed issues above are resolved?

Most grateful to your advice, tips, and recommendation

Many thanks

Seasoned BA and Iguazu Falls travelers, your tips and assistance are desperately needed for

con: RT from BA to Falls, travel time wasted in transit, need to arrange more transfers for transit

or

con: only carry-on allowed for flight to IGR (Falls), airport transfer bet EZE and AEP bc AEP has flights to IGR that can be connected from arrival flight in EZE, possible safety issue at AEP regarding 'bags').

Would really appreciate anyone sharing their experience and how these supposed issues above are resolved?

Many thanks

I brought my full luggage with me on Aerolineas Argentina for the flight to Iguazu. You can bring more than carry on. No problem with safety or security at AEP Airport

When you get to Iguazu Airport, do not have to arrange a car to meet you. The cars and the taxis are the same price - at least it was for us going to the Melia. You must have 500 Argentinean dollars per person and your passports to buy the park tickets at the visitor center when staying at Melia and your hotel confirmation paper.

I brought my full luggage with me on Aerolineas Argentina for the flight to Iguazu. You can bring more than carry on. No problem with safety or security at AEP Airport

When you get to Iguazu Airport, do not have to arrange a car to meet you. The cars and the taxis are the same price - at least it was for us going to the Melia. You must have 500 Argentinean dollars per person and your passports to buy the park tickets at the visitor center when staying at Melia and your hotel confirmation paper.

Thanks so much for the info and tips!

or

Many thanks

Not sure I understand your options - you talk of going straight to the falls, but then get into EZE AEP transfers...

I gather you are embarking in BA and going somewhere (Chile?). So you don't have a post-cruise option.

Ok then, before the cruise you could go to BA, spend time, then up to Iguazu, do the views, and back to BA for more time prior to your cruise. Or, 2nd option, you could do the falls first, then to BA and time in the Big City before your cruise.

Assuming I have it right, my question is why would you fly to EZE on the way to the falls for your 2nd option?

My most recent visit to the falls was after I had done a round-trip Antarctica cruise from BA. On returning to BA we went directly to AEP, flew to Iguazu, stayed 3 days, flew back to BA for another few days, then home. Made sense at the time but I wouldn't do it again. I ask myself, why fly to EZE? What were you thinking? In retrospect, on that trip, I should have stayed another few days in BA after the cruise, then to Iguazu, then to Rio or Santiago or anyplace further north with connecting flights to the States.

I will be going back next March. I will go first to the falls, spend 3 days, then fly to AEP, spend more time in BA, then embark on a b2b cruise to Chile and on back to the states. Going first to the falls means flying through Rio or Sao Paulo or Santiago. Going first another 2 hours south to EZE just to fly 2 hours north to IGT or IGR doesn't seem efficient. (In my case I will be going via Asuncion which nobody does and which I don't recommend, but I mention this just to illustrate that there are many ways to get to Iguazu other than going through BA on the way.)

And back to your dilemma, if you must go to BA first, and you asked whether to go immediately or wait for a few days, I would probably not go immediately. It would reduce the number of travel days, but it would mean that your time at Iguazu would be following right after a long series of flights and you won't be at your freshest best to appreciate the falls. But however and whenever you get there, you will be impressed. Enjoy!

Stan

Not sure I understand your options - you talk of going straight to the falls, but then get into EZE AEP transfers...

I gather you are embarking in BA and going somewhere (Chile?). So you don't have a post-cruise option.

Ok then, before the cruise you could go to BA, spend time, then up to Iguazu, do the views, and back to BA for more time prior to your cruise. Or, 2nd option, you could do the falls first, then to BA and time in the Big City before your cruise.

Assuming I have it right, my question is why would you fly to EZE on the way to the falls for your 2nd option?

My most recent visit to the falls was after I had done a round-trip Antarctica cruise from BA. On returning to BA we went directly to AEP, flew to Iguazu, stayed 3 days, flew back to BA for another few days, then home. Made sense at the time but I wouldn't do it again. I ask myself, why fly to EZE? What were you thinking? In retrospect, on that trip, I should have stayed another few days in BA after the cruise, then to Iguazu, then to Rio or Santiago or anyplace further north with connecting flights to the States.

I will be going back next March. I will go first to the falls, spend 3 days, then fly to AEP, spend more time in BA, then embark on a b2b cruise to Chile and on back to the states. Going first to the falls means flying through Rio or Sao Paulo or Santiago. Going first another 2 hours south to EZE just to fly 2 hours north to IGT or IGR doesn't seem efficient. (In my case I will be going via Asuncion which nobody does and which I don't recommend, but I mention this just to illustrate that there are many ways to get to Iguazu other than going through BA on the way.)

And back to your dilemma, if you must go to BA first, and you asked whether to go immediately or wait for a few days, I would probably not go immediately. It would reduce the number of travel days, but it would mean that your time at Iguazu would be following right after a long series of flights and you won't be at your freshest best to appreciate the falls. But however and whenever you get there, you will be impressed. Enjoy!

Stan

Hi Stan,

Thanks for sharing the routing options.

I was using AA flight search for going to IGR which rendered flights to EZE with an airport change from EZE to AEP. Didn't even think of routing through another city/country on the way. Will check by flight segments and look into various airlines in oneworld that we can use. Think AA's routing might be limited by its partner airline's connecting hub. We are flying from east coast to IGR.

Stan, since you are going back to the Falls a second time, where would you recommend staying on the Argentina side near the Falls? Would like to consider another option besides Melia.

Many Thanks

...since you are going back to the Falls a second time, where would you recommend staying on the Argentina side near the Falls? Would like to consider another option besides Melia.

Many Thanks

Last time we stayed at Aldea de la Selva. Nice place! On the outskirts of Port Iguazu (Argentine), about a block off the main road headed for the national park. Tried to go back there for next March, they were already booked. So I picked another place (Selva de Laurel) that seems similar in character, just a bit further off the main route. But there are dozens of options from small B&Bs to bigbox hotels. I used booking dot com to find and reserve... By the way, I did book Melia for our last night there. I won't be surprised if I get a message next spring saying "so sorry, our renovations aren't complete, your room won't be available..." If that happens I am sure I can find another room for the night someplace in town.

Stan

• 2 weeks later...

We are scheduled thru Diego to go to the falls before the cruise. Spending a night in BA after we arrive, the 3 days/2 nights at the falls, including the Brazilian side (we have visas fir Brazil that are still good), then a night back in BA before the cruise. Looking forward to it. Reservations at at Melia.

Hi,

Would you mind sharing Diego contact info? Many Thanks.

We are scheduled thru Diego to go to the falls before the cruise. Spending a night in BA after we arrive, the 3 days/2 nights at the falls, including the Brazilian side (we have visas fir Brazil that are still good), then a night back in BA before the cruise. Looking forward to it. Reservations at at Melia.

ecouruguay@aol.com

ecouruguay@aol.com

We are looking to do a similar trip with Diego just a day earlier. He seems to be pushing the Panoramic Grand when I indicated we were interested in the Melia....

The Argentine Park just started accepting credit card for entry. I was able to pay my entrance fee that way. This is new.

We are looking to do a similar trip with Diego just a day earlier. He seems to be pushing the Panoramic Grand when I indicated we were interested in the Melia....

If anyone is looking for another option for purchasing a tour package, I used 01argentina and was pleased. Pablo subs to Caraco, a local tour company. They had great guides and prompt transfers. I was able to get lodging in BsAs, all transfers and the Melia 3 nights for a reasonable price,

Valley girl- thanks for the info....how much did Aerolineas charge you for the checked bags? We are doing this in January and are concerned about where to keep our large bags. Site says aerolineas charges $80 per checked bag? Thanks.

We also have booked Diego's 2 night/3 day Iguazu Falls Tour pre-cruise. We fly overnight from home on Dec 30, 2018 arriving in Buenos Aires on Dec 31. Diego's rep picks us up from the airport and we head straight to Iguazu leaving our big luggage behind which will be taken to the BA hotel we will return to on Jan 2. We stay at the BA hotel that night and begin cruise on Jan 3. He also throws in a city tour of BA. His price per person for the 3 night/4 days is less than what our cruise company offers for their one day excursion. Anyone else on this threat going to be on the Jan 3, 2019 Star Princess?

We also have booked Diego's 2 night/3 day Iguazu Falls Tour pre-cruise. We fly overnight from home on Dec 30, 2018 arriving in Buenos Aires on Dec 31. Diego's rep picks us up from the airport and we head straight to Iguazu leaving our big luggage behind which will be taken to the BA hotel we will return to on Jan 2. We stay at the BA hotel that night and begin cruise on Jan 3. He also throws in a city tour of BA. His price per person for the 3 night/4 days is less than what our cruise company offers for their one day excursion. Anyone else on this threat going to be on the Jan 3, 2019 Star Princess?

That’s an interesting option. What BA hotel are you staying at? Is it part of a package with Diego? What hotel are you at in Iguazu? We’re headed there in Feb and trying to finalize a precruise trip.

That’s an interesting option. What BA hotel are you staying at? Is it part of a package with Diego? What hotel are you at in Iguazu? We’re headed there in Feb and trying to finalize a precruise trip.

We've not yet booked our Iguazu trip, but FYI our point person is now looking into SayHueque vs. Diego as our provider.

Our group of 8 did book an apartment for 3 nights in B.A. although night #2 will be spent at the Falls- 4 bedrooms/4.5 baths on Arroyo in Retiro. Big $ savings, plus we will be able to leave our cruise luggage there without having to store it at a hotel in B.A. You might want to explore apartment rentals vs. a hotel.

The hotels are included in Diego's tour. In Iguazu it is the Orquideas Palace hotel and in Buenos Aires it is the 725 Continental Hotel.