GV Tours - Puerto Montt

jettaleea

• 1 year later...
Has anyone used GV Tours in Puerto Montt, Chile? Their tours sound interesting but would like a recommendation.

We went on tour organised with GV tours in November 2015. The tour was advertised as 'exclusive' and for 6-8. This was not the case. A coach of @ 38! Not at all what I wanted.

The best part of the day was delcious salmon served for lunch but other than that it was not very good.

If you want a tour organise a small van at the port when you arrive. Friends did this and had a better day at much less cost. They also got to go to towns where the shops were actually open.

The falls were disappointing and crowded.

On the return, following lunch a toilet stop would have also been good!

• 11 months later...

We used GV in Jan. 2017 and had a terrible experience. The tour was supposed to go to Magdalena Island from Punta Arenas. Our scheduled time to meet was 9:15 A.M. I was our group coordinator. A few days before our tour, I received an email from Victoria stating our time was changed to 11:15 A.M. We were already on the ship and several in the group did not use email, so I was contacting several people in our group. Then, another email came out saying GV was dropping 2 couples because they did not pay. I spoke to these couples and they had their receipts with them. I had to again contact GV to beg them not to drop these 2 couples. Then the drama continued as they changed the time to 11:30 and then to 11:00 A.M.

When we met as we were told, a Spanish speaking driver informed us the water was too rough to sail safely. Princess Cruises had a group go out on this tour that morning and they were safe. If we left at 9:15 A.M. as originally scheduled we would have been okay.

So now GV offers Plan B - a city tour with a Spanish speaking guide for $65. The sign in the terminal showed city tours were $50 including admissions.

Basically, we missed a wonderful tour and there was massive confusion on the ship due to all the changes and communication needed.

I would never trust GV.

• 1 year later...

This March 10th we were left at the pier in Punta Arenas byGVTours (Victoria Stein).

There was 1 couple from our RC and me, and a couple who said they had booked through Viatar. The 3 of us from the RC had booked separately (not a group) into the tour GV offered, and paid in full via PayPal. The $88 was to cover the tour and entrance fees, leaving us to purchase lunch on that day.

A few weeks before we left I checked GVs website and the price had dropped and entrance fees were no longer covered. I sent several emails asking about this (to the 3 emails Victoria had used, as well as a question through their WordPress website, and never got a response. The couple from our RC received an unsolicited email saying we would be refunded the difference in US dollars cash on the day of the tour. I never received this info from the operator and only heard about it from the other party.

My email confirming the trip was not responded to either. On the day of the trip GV never picked us up. They had emailed the other party that they would be at the pier at 8:30. They were not. Nor did they respond to my phone calls, texts or emails. There was 1 more couple who booked them via viatar and they said GV had emailed them a few days before to ask them to book a different day, because they only had 4 people sign up. So GV left us at the pier, with no communication to any of us. We left at 9:10 with still no sign of them.

By noon we had received emails from PayPal saying we had been refunded. But to this day very day in April, nothing from GV. clear.png?emoji-mad-1709

Happily for us, we had enough information with us and we hired a driver to take us to the sites we most wanted to see, and we had a lovely lunch at Shakleton’s Bar.