Puerto Madryn: Forastero Tour for shore excursions?

Work to travel

Hello,

I am interested in a tour with Forastero Tour to Peninsula Valdes:

"We left Puerto Madryn north to reach to a place Caleta Valdes imposing

their environment that one feature of sea entry to the continent that

contains a thin strip of land will see great cliffs along the bay is home to

large populations where sea lions, elephant seals and Magellanic penguins

and Punta Norte chance for watching Orca attacks

will travel 400 km. the trip is 7 hours.

I have not private tour services providing, available regular service only

to join a group.

the cost tour is USD 100 for (share with others persons)

group maximum 16 people for van

1 in 10 people is free, Includes english speaking guide,

Park entrance and lunch box that has a sandwich of ham and cheese,

other one of chicken lettuce and tomato a

fruit and a portion of sweet tart and a water bottle.

In the page the facebook Forastero Tour photos of the tours.

The reservation is realized for mail and the payment is in cash to the guide

the day of the tour."

Has anyone used this tour company? Feedback from experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and effort, Work to Travel

We just booked their tour to Punta Tombo. No much online about them.

You can search for the Preisman's post on Infinity, BA to Valparaiso. That was a few years ago.

Would love more current info and guide recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
I know your cruise was a while ago now, but did you use Forestaro tours and did you like it? We are going in January and are hoping to find non-ship tours. Thanks in advance for your reply!

Hi. We used them 3 years ago and had a good experience, so we will be using them again this year. We didn't do the Valdes tour, though. As I recall, they were reliable and the bus was clean and safe. However, our guide did not speak English very well (fine with us, we were there for the penguins).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As Holly2 stated above, we did use Forestaro in 2011. You can read about our experience and see photos from our excursion. A link to our review website is in my signature. We had a great time and were very pleased with their service.

Thank you thank you thank you Mike for your response! You have no idea how relieved I am after reading your reviews of your South American adventure - not for the tour I inquired about, but for your fabulous review of Iguazu Falls! I had previously read that the walk from the Sheraton was 3 miles and I was so very concerned about that as we are not in the best shape to be hiking 3 miles in 90 degree heat in January. I knew we just had to go there though, so when I read that the Upper Trail was only a 5 minute walk instead of 3 miles... well you cannot imagine my relief! I know we could probably have done the longer hike, but didn't want to be totally exhausted for the first part of our cruise either! And thank you for the review of the Forestaro tours. I am currently waiting for a reply from them. Thanks again for your time and reviews! Your photos were amazing and now I can't wait for January!

Thank you thank you thank you Mike for your response! You have no idea how relieved I am after reading your reviews of your South American adventure - not for the tour I inquired about, but for your fabulous review of Iguazu Falls! I had previously read that the walk from the Sheraton was 3 miles and I was so very concerned about that as we are not in the best shape to be hiking 3 miles in 90 degree heat in January. I knew we just had to go there though, so when I read that the Upper Trail was only a 5 minute walk instead of 3 miles... well you cannot imagine my relief! I know we could probably have done the longer hike, but didn't want to be totally exhausted for the first part of our cruise either! And thank you for the review of the Forestaro tours. I am currently waiting for a reply from them. Thanks again for your time and reviews! Your photos were amazing and now I can't wait for January!

We are also looking forward to January, since we are doing our 2nd SA cruise; but this time with Antarctica too. We also leave on January 6 out of BA, so when you see the Zaandam, we will be in the same ports. :D

Edit: Just looked at your itin, we are only in BA together. We spend the night in BA and actually head out on the 7th, so you are a day ahead of us.

We are also looking forward to January, since we are doing our 2nd SA cruise; but this time with Antarctica too. We also leave on January 6 out of BA, so when you see the Zaandam, we will be in the same ports. :D

Edit: Just looked at your itin, we are only in BA together. We spend the night in BA and actually head out on the 7th, so you are a day ahead of us.

Mike, what side of the plan should we be on when flying from BA to Iguazu? Thanks!

Mike, what side of the plan should we be on when flying from BA to Iguazu? Thanks!

On the day we arrived, the best side was the starboard side and on the return, the port side. Using nautical terms, I think is clearer than saying left or right. Of course, if the wind is different, it might be just the opposite.

• 5 months later...

Hi Preismans!

I was just now trying to access your website and the link is not working. Your reviews were so very helpful for our trip to South America that I was going to see if you had any recommendations for tours in Alaska. We ended up doing a tour with Gerardo Germain in Ushuaia and it was wonderful. Have you changed the link to your site?

Hi Preismans!

I was just now trying to access your website and the link is not working. Your reviews were so very helpful for our trip to South America that I was going to see if you had any recommendations for tours in Alaska. We ended up doing a tour with Gerardo Germain in Ushuaia and it was wonderful. Have you changed the link to your site?

I am so glad you liked Gerardo. I have made bed the website to a different server. It takes up to 48 hours for the site to be available. Hopefully, it will be back tomorrow.