Hotel in Santiago

mfabz

Booked hotel through Princess. Travelling January/ February. Will have more idea what it's like on return.

Sheraton Hotel/ Convention Centre Santiago,

I was told the Bellas Artes or Lastarria areas....check questions on TripAdvisor forum for hotel suggestions...

We liked the IBIS in Estacion Central. Next door to the bus terminal, so you can grab a cheap ride from the airport when you arrive and a cheap ride to the port the next day. One block from the metro station with about a 10 minute (max) ride to the heart of Santiago. The hotel is cheap, but clean and modern. I'm rather picky on lodging in foreign countries, but I had no complaints about the IBIS.

I've booked at Plaza el Bosque for $124 US) (http://www.plazaelbosque.cl/. My partner has stayed there many times for work trips. I've only had the Pisco Sour there but my partners tells me the breakfast is delicious. It's located in Las Condes area and is near a Starbucks and other shopping and restaurants, including my favourite Peruvian restaurant Ica (https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g294305-d3397180-Reviews-Ica-Santiago_Santiago_Metropolitan_Region.html). There is also a Metro Station within walking distance.

Booked hotel through Princess. Travelling January/ February. Will have more idea what it's like on return.

Sheraton Hotel/ Convention Centre Santiago,

Will love to here your report. We’ll be using Starwood/Marriott points for our pre/post stay.

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed the Sheraton Santiago Hotel. Very nice pool area, friendly staff, but did find a housekeeping supervisor whose English was as limited as my Spanish. Their buffet restaurant offered a bountiful breakfast buffet that was part of the cost of the room. Lobby Bar provides a very good lunch/dinner menu and the bar tender made excellent drinks. There is a fine dining restaurant that I was told was excellent. My room overlooked the pool area and was comfortable, but the bath was narrow. Room for one to use it at a time, two would be a crowd. One oddity that I found, particularly for a North American hotel chain, no facial tissues available whatsoever. None in the room; none in the public restrooms. The hotel was in an area that was walkable to other interesting areas.

I enjoyed the Sheraton Santiago Hotel. Very nice pool area, friendly staff, but did find a housekeeping supervisor whose English was as limited as my Spanish. Their buffet restaurant offered a bountiful breakfast buffet that was part of the cost of the room. Lobby Bar provides a very good lunch/dinner menu and the bar tender made excellent drinks. There is a fine dining restaurant that I was told was excellent. My room overlooked the pool area and was comfortable, but the bath was narrow. Room for one to use it at a time, two would be a crowd. One oddity that I found, particularly for a North American hotel chain, no facial tissues available whatsoever. None in the room; none in the public restrooms. The hotel was in an area that was walkable to other interesting areas.

Agree the Sheraton was very good. Hop on/off bus stopped just outside hotel. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants. Stall selling snacks and water/ soft drinks just outside hotel, Princess hosts in reception for few days prior to cruise. Well organised Princess transfer to San Antonio. Would stay again and recommend!

• 2 weeks later...

We, three week ago, stayed at the Hotel Boutique Castillo Rojo in Barrio Bella Vista and loved it. The neighborhood is fantastic for restaurants and nightlife. It is two blocks to the base of the funicular. Patio Bella Vista is so much fun at night. Live music, dancing, restaurants all within a couple of blocks.

This is a small boutique hotel. Wonderful rooms on the small side. Breakfast is included. Unique, charming, perfect. Wine served in the lounge each evening. Staff is warm and helpful. You can't go wrong.