Where to stay for the day in Buenos Aires before return flight to US

andrek

Hello,

We will be disembarking our ship in Buenos Aires in the morning, Jan 2019. We will need a place to store our luggage and rest before our 9PM flight home. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Any hotels, B and Bs with day rate? It will be a Sunday. Thanks for any ideas, tips or help.

Andrea

No I have not checked Celebrity excursions for the day of disembarking. That would be an option but we were in BA a couple of years ago for almost a week and pretty much saw what we wanted. We will do a little sightseeing but I like to rest a bit and shower before the flight. I will check to see what Celebrity offers. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

We are also ending a cruise in Buenos Aires in January, 2019. We have booked a day tour of the city which includes pick-up at the ship, tour and drop-off at the airport. Our luggage will be with us. $100 per person. Diego has been wonderful to work with too. Ecouruguaytours.com for information.

Thank you SusieK,

The tour is a great idea but our flight does not leave until after 9pm so I think I would be totally wiped out by then. I will continue to look for a hotel for the day. When we were in BA a few years ago we stay at a small boutique hotel in a great location that was really reasonable. It has gotten very popular. It was called Casa Calma. I am pretty sure they do not have day rates.

Andrea

Thanks for the information. I looked at the site and it books 3 months out. It looks like the airport Holiday could be available. I guess I look closer to the date.

Andrea

You could simply contact the hotel directly to inquire about day rates. The hotel can probably book for dates longer to the months away. Here I the email: reservas@hinnezeiza.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't have any personal experience staying at this hotel; however, wanted to mention that Esplendor Plaza Francia (a Wyndham hotel) offers a Day Use option that is 25% discounted off their normal rate. There were a couple of people from my previous 2018 SA Emerald Princess roll call who were staying there after their cruise.

I had emailed the hotel last year inquiring about this option since the hotel was also close to various tourist spots. Our plan was to drop off our luggage, do a bit more sightseeing in the morning and then head back around lunch time for a quick rest and shower before heading to EZE at 5:00 pm for a 9:00 pm flight. It did take several days to hear back, but eventually I did. Unfortunately I no longer have that email, but I seem to recall you had the room until 6:00 pm that day. We ended up having to cancel the cruise, so didn't end up taking advantage of this though.

Below is more information in case this helps.

Hotel: https://www.esplendorhoteles.com/en/hotels/argentina/hotels-in-buenos-aires-city/esplendor-plaza-francia/

TripAdvisor Reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d302505-Reviews-Esplendor_Plaza_Francia-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Gaylen

• 1 month later...
I don't have any personal experience staying at this hotel; however, wanted to mention that Esplendor Plaza Francia (a Wyndham hotel) offers a Day Use option that is 25% discounted off their normal rate. There were a couple of people from my previous 2018 SA Emerald Princess roll call who were staying there after their cruise.

I had emailed the hotel last year inquiring about this option since the hotel was also close to various tourist spots. Our plan was to drop off our luggage, do a bit more sightseeing in the morning and then head back around lunch time for a quick rest and shower before heading to EZE at 5:00 pm for a 9:00 pm flight. It did take several days to hear back, but eventually I did. Unfortunately I no longer have that email, but I seem to recall you had the room until 6:00 pm that day. We ended up having to cancel the cruise, so didn't end up taking advantage of this though.

Below is more information in case this helps.

Hotel: https://www.esplendorhoteles.com/en/hotels/argentina/hotels-in-buenos-aires-city/esplendor-plaza-francia/

TripAdvisor Reviews: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g312741-d302505-Reviews-Esplendor_Plaza_Francia-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Gaylen

Thanks Gaylen. I booked this for Feb 2019. Our flight leaves at midnight and like to have a place to call home for the day. I could get an early check in at 10.00am for $40 USD and 1 day stay @ $81 USD. Decided to just go with normal check in and leave luggage with front desk in the morning. Got on bookin.com $93.00 AUD Very happy with that as we will spend the day visiting a few galleries, nice dinner, shower and then off to airport. Hotel has great reviews and very happy. Thanks again. Cheers, Denise

I think we’re on the same cruise and have a flight at 9:35 pm. Don’t know what to do with ourselves for the day either. I was originally looking for a private tour for the day but the day room option seems interesting too. I will have to look into it. Is the hotel close to the airport? How will you get there from the ship?

I think we’re on the same cruise and have a flight at 9:35 pm. Don’t know what to do with ourselves for the day either. I was originally looking for a private tour for the day but the day room option seems interesting too. I will have to look into it. Is the hotel close to the airport? How will you get there from the ship?

Hi originally I was looking at Hotel Canning which is 15 min from airport. There are a couple more near airport but really there’s nothing to do there. The hotel that we booked is in Recoleta where we will be staying 4 nights precruise in an AirBNB apartment. Basically chose Recoleta as there are a few galleries we would like to potter around, maybe last minute run thru the mall, nice dinner, bit of relax, shower and head to airport 8.30pm. We have Air NZ lounge access so not too worried if we have to wait around for couple hours once checked in. Now, when I researched this hotel I actually sent an email to get day rate with early check in. Rates quoted, $40USD for 10am checkin + $81USD for day use. Ended up booking normal 1 night for $93AUD on booking.com. We will disembark approx 9am have transfer thru landingpadBA (recommended on CC) drop bags at hotel and just check in later on. As for transfers we got good round trip deals via landingpadBA. There are other transfer companies and after reading up on airport & cruise port taxis’s think precooked private transfers are the way to go. Hope this makes sense. We are actually doing B2B and happy to say have everything booked for both cruises. WOOHOO. Now just waiting for 2020 Europe cruises so I can start planning all over again. Cheers, Denise

Stonehill - sorry forgot to mention that Flygirl1999 on our roll call has booked David Transfer from port to do a day tour and drop off at airport. David transfer has very good reviews on TA also. Maybe another option for you to research. Most transfers will do day tour for late flight. Cheers

Can anyone recommend a possible day hotel or hotel with a nice pool area. Is it too hot to be by the pool? Thanks

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn mentioned above. If you look at the Holiday Inn website, you will see a picture of the pool area....looked very nice, but we didn't have the opportunity to use it. :(