Fan?

Martezz

It seems that many of the older ships have a problem with keeping the staterooms at a cool enough temperature, especially when they are going thru warm and hot climates. I was wondering if anyone has ever brought their own fan onboard? We are driving to the port and so could bring the fan onboard, and then leave it or discard it after our 80+ day cruise.

Call HAL's Ship Services......1-800-541-1576.....and ask for a small fan....it will be in your cabin when you arrive...

I have requested it many times....including the cruise this month.....however it was on the Koningsdam and the cabin temperatures were great....so I asked our room steward to remove it....

Be sure you ask for a "small" fan....one time we were given a huge floor fan.....:)

Because of a medical condition I have had for years, our TA fills out a form for me to have a fan -- always a good size one.

The larger the cabin, the larger fan you should request.

All the ships have various sizes of fans kept in storage for when the ships go into either wet or dry dock. The crew need them for their cabins as the main air conditioning is shut down while the work is going on.